Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sometimes I'm tempted to pay the money to subscribe to The Athletic. Great topics and reporting often. (in spite of what OX says :giggle: ) Great interview above and indeed @alam1108 Jeanie touched on things for the first time after that nightmare period following what Magic did and continued to do. To this day she says above she is unclear on why he quit. Even after he did that in the blindside way he did to the organization .... they had that dinner with Magic and Jeanie and Linda and he never was straight with them, and did more back stabbing himself the morning of Vogel's press conference. She also in not mincing her words very much above lets us know they were unhappy about how Leonard dragged out that whole process which hamstrung the FO in making moves. I remember reading some highlights about his illegal, by NBA charter, demands but would really appreciate someone with a subscription (JSM again if willing, or someone else) to do a great synopsis like above on these two embedded links and articles in this current one above.

https://theathletic.com/1481876/201...ards-free-agency-that-left-the-lakers-fuming/

https://theathletic.com/2101108/202...-kobe-ad-and-fixing-a-fractured-front-office/

2. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I’m proud of Jeannie for taking the reins of this franchise and getting it back on track. She is very much her father’s daughter and it shows in her love of the team and in putting capable people in positions to succeed as with Rob. I hope we do get this 17th ring for her, for Kobe and Gia, and for the good doctor himself. Oh yeah and for us fans too!!

3. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Where is the love for the Rambis family? :)

4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

We dogged a lot of our Laker legends in the last 2 decades. It's sad. We killed Byron Scott, killed Kurt Rambis. Even though Magic did some things that were dumb, we dogged on him for a long time. Maybe it's time we stop doing this and appreciate how lucky we are to have these people as Lakers fans.

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Kurt Rambis and Byron Scott are both god-awful coaches though, so they deserved it. Byron Scott the player, sure, celebrate him all day. Rambis the player..hey he played hard in with his minutes given.. I guess. But what they did as coaches here :sick:. Credit to Jeanie for getting Jim Buss the hell away from this team though, we’d still be crap had she not because he’s a clown, and as bad as Magic was at the end and post-firing killing us in the media, at least he brought some credibility back and by all accounts was big in sealing LeBron coming here. I still don’t like Kurt or Linda Rambis being in high positions in an organization like the Lakers, but Rob seems to know what he’s doing at this point, Kobe seems to have made the right call on that recommendation.

6. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

I think she's the first and only female owner to win an NBA championship. Really happy for her!

7. OX1947

Rob called Magic and thanked him. That's a good dude.

8. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    Thank you Jeanie! So much hate came your way. So much doubt. Sell the team. You guys are a joke. Be like Mark Cuban. We are a disgrace. We are a laughing stock. etc etc etc

What do you say now? Los Angeles Lakers 2020 NBA Champs! Way to go boss lady.

9. LTLakerFan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lakerjones, TIME, Cookie and 6 others like this.
  10. Weezy

Man, she did it, she withstood having to oust her brother, Magic quitting and trashing us all over the media which had to sting like hell, all the people including myself that doubted her. She made her father proud with this one, no doubt about it.

lakerjones, TIME, Juronimo and 9 others like this.
  11. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

12. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Thanks Lebron and Rich Paul !

13. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Big time props to Jeanie

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i doubted her for putting magic in a role with actual power, and those doubts were confirmed. hopefully, she learned from this (it seems so). her relationship with lebron is going to be huge, i think. may help bridge the next transition.

TIME, Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  15. Weezy

I don’t really fault her for that one, it was new territory for her and Magic is like her brother that she highly trusts. And to be fair, as bad as some of his moves were, I feel like he did lend some credibility as the face of the franchise that Jim did not and from all reports he helped land LeBron in the first place. It was indeed a mess after that though, and we are better off with the FO how they are now, and hopefully they all learn from past mistakes and continue to grow into their roles from here.

16. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Pft. Probably called him to distract him so Linda Rambis could slide the knife into the back.

/sarcasm

17. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

The fact LeBron respects her so much despite just being around her for a couple of years says a lot. He never said that about Micky or Dan Gilbert.

18. OX1947

Pat Riley runs Miami, Mickey is an absentee owner. Dan Gilbert is an jerk face. Jeanie is a good person running the best sports franchise on the planet. Rob is surgical. Lakers are awesome. It's just something you all have to live with.

19. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

It's because the Lakers are family as cheesy and cliche as that sounds. That's why for example, we gave Kobe that contract even when he tore his Achilles and was in the twilight of his career. We take care of our own, especially when you deliver a championship or championships. If it was Riley or Ainge, they would have shipped a player out as soon as their usefulness came to an end.

20. LTLakerFan

:Kobe Snickering:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.