Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

You could be right. She does know him very well and could have been okay with his short hours. In a perfect situation, we would have hired an experienced GM to run the day to day and have Magic in a consultant role- only to be used as a pitch man for the free agents( I’m still not over the Zubac give away- to the Flippers nonetheless!)

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  2. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Magic can go kick rocks. It happened years ago, move the hell on. We only have to remember the Zu trade that Magic made, plus picking Ball instead of Tatum. He’s FAR from innocent in the screw ups within our front office.

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

That’s my Girl!! :rock: :rofl:

Cookie likes this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’m not sure who you’re referring to when you say move the hell on. The video is years old, it’s not new, it just resurfaced because it’s applicable now. Sorry, I stand by posting it, it remains true. Magic never said he was innocent here, you can deflect and not argue the actual point all you want here, but I’m sorry, it’s relevant. Magic can have sucked and also what he’s saying in this video can be true, one doesn’t discount the other. The Tim Harris bit sticks out to me, because we’ve HEARD recently that he’s in the room for trade discussions, even as far as I can tell he shouldn’t be. I remember brushing that off when this came out originally because I too was pissed at Magic, but again, now it stands out.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Jeanie is a puppet "queen" she holds the crown but knows nothing when it comes to bball

6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah. I think that’s the sort of structure we could have made work.

jeannie doesn’t seem to trust anyone outside her circle though. And then she doesn’t seem to fully trust the decision making of anyone in the circle so she gets tons of opinions on something. It’s just not ideal.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  7. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Sorry I didn’t realize the video was old. We very well may have too many people involved in the decision process. Magic overruled our scouts on the Lonzo draft pick and I think everyone can admit they are best run part of our operation. To the best of my knowledge Magic has not given any interviews where he takes responsibility for his mistakes. Until that is done, it’s my opinion he shouldn’t have gone on National TV and thrown us under the bus. It’s fine to tell the front office and ownership what he thinks, just don’t air it out in public. It’s the same concept as when players have problems with someone on the team. We all know it happens but keep it in the locker room.

Edit: I was talking about Magic moving on, not you.

8. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

It doesn't matter guys. All of it proves one point only, which we all agree upon, the Lakers organization is being mismanaged and is headed towards obscurity, for years, Boston style.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i watched it. magic is completely incompetent as an executive, and the mistake was ever having him be anywhere near the decision-making process. is he wrong that tim harris should also be far away from basketball ops? no. he's right. both he and tim harris should stay in their lanes (magic:fan/ambassador, tim:whatever the hell he is). he's also right about too many cooks in the kitchen. it's just not useful to hear that message from the worst f***ing cook.

and if rob's "backstabbing" got magic out of decision making, we all owe rob a huge debt. maybe he just went to jeanie and said "your boy's a legend, but he's either really drunk or really bad at this and thinks he should be making all the choices". am i a backstabber if i tell my wife that we should maybe stop letting the 4yo plan family meals? or am i just someone telling a truth that will help us all--including the 4yo?

yeah, i couldn't believe that stuff. as a psychologist, guys like magic and durant amaze me. like all the money and respect in the world can't fill whatever hole is there. you're half a billionaire and beloved by half a billion people. you could do so many things other than go on tv and whine about some guy named tim harris--whom almost nobody knew before you chose to talk about him.

Cookie likes this.
  10. Weezy

It’s funny, you’d think you work for the Lakers or are related to Rob the way you defend them lately. These aren’t my friends and relatives, their s*** at their jobs and deserve to be called on it. Both Jeanie and Jim have been a disgrace to their father’s legacy, one title thanks to LeBron doesn’t change that, we’ve made the playoffs twice under Jeanie, she’s a joke.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i never defend jeanie. i want her to sell the team yesterday. hell, i said when she fired jim that i didn't think we really upgraded. i was right. we traded chaz for linda rambis.

i defend rob because he's a victim of circumstance. same as i did vogel. the problem is at the top, period. all those with pitchforks for rob/vogel are missing this time and again.

ZenMaster and TIME like this.
  12. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    What we need is a multi billionaire from India.

13. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Rookie -

I really think Jeff Bezos might be the ideal owner for the Lakers. There's literally only less than a handful of people that can outspend him, and has the means to basically write a blank cheque to buy the team if he really wanted to. From a business perspective, it allows for the opportunity to marry the Lakers brand with Amazon.

Imagine all 82 regular season Laker games on Amazon prime video and available to all Amazon users across the world. It would grow the Laker brand even further than where it's at globally, and it's not outside the realm of reality. Amazon paid the NFL $1 billion/year for Thursday night football, all 82 Laker games available to his own streaming platform is just good business. There are other business opportunities as well, think.... amazon logo on a lakers jersey, renaming Crypto.com Arena to the Amazon Center.

From that perspective, him spending deep into the luxury tax to keep the Lakers good would also be good business. I'm talking about a owner who wouldn't even blink at the Golden State Warrior's luxury tax because he knows whatever luxury tax he spends on his team can be a business expense write off that pays off because it's integrated to alot of his larger company.

14. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    Yeah Bezos likability will be increase with the Laker brand, too. And he can launch RoB or Kurt to space to get rid of them. Win win for everybody

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

or a chinese billionaire, say Jack Ma

17. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

You know, that Bezos idea, with Lakers available on Amazon (Prime) etc… podcasts, Alexa devices in LAL colors, it actually makes a lot of sense. Does Jeff even like basketball?

18. Weezy

19. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    It keeps getting better :Laugh:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Andrew Tate would be a good owner

:Laugh: