Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

That’s my feeling exactly Weezy.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I agree, she's not dumb. BUT I think she values trust, loyalty, and friendships over anything. That creates a massive blind spot and puts your objectivity into question. Having your best friend involved in basketball decisions is dicey. Having your best friend's husband as the most powerful decision maker in the organization is playing with fire while bathing in gasoline. I would say that even if he's good at his job, that it's very risky. That fact that he's awful at his job makes it a nightmare. I have a hard time seeing her sitting them both down at dinner and ever firing them.

RasAlgethi, Kenzo, TIME and 3 others like this.
  3. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

She could always give them a different job with less power and still keep them employed if she doesn’t want to mess up her friendship. Not saying I’d want that but she could.

FrontOfJersey22, lakerjones and TIME like this.
  4. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

:Laugh:

TIME likes this.
  5. FrontOfJersey22

Exactly- you just described it better.
    That being said, someone who willingly surrounds herself with people who help her fail at her job, doesn’t make her look very intelligent.

JSM and TIME like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

serious question: what if you think rambis is the best of the best? or that you are, and thus by extension, so is rambis?

so weird to have a world-renowned organization be so insular. and yes, it's the downfall. and not hers--the organization's. she'll be fine.

alam1108 and Cookie like this.
  7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

shes tainting her fathers legacy, the chip 2 yrs ago was just an extension of her grace period, she doesnt not make good decisions whatsoever with the personnel she has hired over the yrs. Giving a ring to Magic after the embarrasement he caused with his trades and quiting on live tv was such "bend me over as often and as much as you like" type move.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think Kurt Rambis is in charge of the scouting department, and that’s why it’s going so well.

we need to give him more responsibility, not less.

:Noddingyes:

10. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

They should protest outside Staples again

11. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

A great coaching hire would go a LONG way.

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    They should have lost faith in Lebron. The alleged greatest leader in the history of pro sports and the self proclaimed goat couldn’t even make a play in game to sniff the playoffs with this roster? Shameful.

shouldn’t have mattered who the coach was. #excuses

13. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    You all are too unforgiving. Nobody is ever going to fill your souls! You will hate anyone who owns the Lakers. Another reason to leave CA.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Will no longer be a Laker fan or you think they will be more rational in some other state? :D

15. FrontOfJersey22

I’m sorry, but with all of the basketball knowledge available on the planet, Jeanie continues to choose Kurt and Linda Rambis as her most trusted minds? Also, Phil being the best coach in professional sports history doesn’t automatically make him a great Front Office person. I’m very good at a few artist centric computer programs but would be an awful IT person.
    The blundering of Vogel= inexcusable. The being cheap with Caruso when your Franchise rakes in the most revenue sans one =inexcusable. The super short sighted way of only willing to hire someone if they have previous Laker ties= ignorant and inexcusable.
    She’s not going to change, she’s going to continue to surround herself with the wrong people and fail.

16. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I will always be a Lakers fan. That is not gonna change, but dang, we cannot win it every year and the sky is not falling every dang time we make a mistake. Jeannie has done a fair amount of good for this team over the years, she just won a ring for Christ sakes. The team screwed up this past year, there is enough blame to go around but it is sure going to take more than that for me to give up on her.

17. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

We won a ring despite her.
    When you win, it doesn't mean it's all perfect. Her decision making, cheapness and people she surrounds her with makes me believe that she's not the best person to own the team

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  18. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    She may not be the best owner, but my guess is you will denigrate every owner we ever have. A bottomless pit of privileged fan greed. ?????? You all may be right, you may drive her out. I personally wouldn't take much crap from unappreciative fans, especially when my family had provided 17 NBA finals appearances and 11 rings. Not everyone can be a Musk level billionaire and be able to blow 100 million a year on salary taxes. I understand that things have not gone great the last few years but we did get one ring with Lebron. Nobody ever predicted the injuries are hardships we have had since he came. Nobody would have ever said, don't bring Lebron because it will end up LIKE THIS!?!? Nobody EVER. We blew our wad and took the chance. Unfortunately some things did not break our way, AD has been too injured. He is a great player but has only been able to show a small part of his abilities. Sad fact, if he would have been 100% the whole time, my guess is we would have at least one more ring already. Without him, we are in a hole, without any cash to spend on replacements. You don't see the Clippers being much better without KL.

If AD had stayed healthy, we would be singing Jeannie's praises for the next 30 years. But that is how the ball bounces. I just think some of you guys around here do not see anything but the negative and you suck the joy out of everything and everyone. I get bored with it and while I understand the feelings, I don't agree with the constant harping on it. Not fun for me at all.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think issues can be separated. i don't think we won *despite* jeanie, but i do think that our business model is outdated and this spans all of the post-jerry years.

i also think that given the value of the lakers, if the owners don't feel like they can spend like other owners, then they should sell for the good of the franchise and for their own wallets. no way our competitors let caruso walk. just zero chance. also, none of our competitors have nebulous FO guys meddling in day to day operations. these are real issues.

20. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Not really sure how big of an issue I think it is. If Linda Rambis has a big ear on how this team is run, then you might have a point. Not really sure how bad I think Kurt Rambis really is. He gets slammed around the web a lot, yet I have also heard that he is a pretty bright guy. I never met him and never have listened a ton to him talk, can't really say for sure. I know you all do not like the optics and you might be right. I think the whole FO messed up last year but I think they have done a whole lot of things right too. To me the biggest mistakes they have made was not hiring the best coach for apparently bad reasons and then breaking up the team and bringing in some ill fitting replacements. My hope is that they learned their lessons. Not sure though, still it is going to take a couple more years of this for me to come to all your conclusions. I still see hope, I still think had AD remained healthy, we would be competing for rings.