Ex-Coach Luke Walton Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by YoungThundercat, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Mark Cuban is punching himself for not hiring Luke.

2. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    As someone who has been involved with situations like this personally and professionally, none of which were high profile; I will just say there are multiple reasons why a claimed victim MIGHT fabricate a story. Money is often the culprit but not always. Revenge, attention, a twisted need for personal validation, over active imagination linked to dark fantasy are all possible causes.

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

ElginTheGreat and trodgers like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea what happened in this situation, Luke could be innocent, he could be guilty, it could indeed be a ploy for money, etc. What I don’t have a hard time with understanding is why it takes someone so long to come forward, there’s guilt and shame, trauma, fear because the man is in a position of power and many times the woman is dismissed for making waves. Also a few reasons have already been presented in this thread as she’s been referred to as a gold digger and jokes have been made about the situation like the Mark Cuban one. Why would she expect to be taken seriously by people in positions of major power and money when regular folks on a message board immediately jump to jokes about possible sexual assault? It’s a sad commentary on our society and the world we live in whether it’s true or not.

On possibly a side note to that, I think the last straw to reactions like joking, laughing, accusations of being attention and money seekers, not being believed, etc, was the #metoo movement and this current mob mentality we have when anyone is accused of anything, before we know any real facts. I wish there was a middle ground in all this, but sadly the backlash to years of men dismissing women’s claims of this sort of thing has resulted in immediate mob reactions to allegations (not yet proof) to try and ruin people’s lives. Hopefully in time we are able to figure out better ways to go about this, but as of now the me too stuff seems to have caused certain segments to just dig their heels in deeper.

5. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

He mentioned an article, but he never mentioned anything like this from my understanding; it was his treatment of the employees that worked under him and how he treated them during his brief tenure as President of Basketball Operations.

This had nothing to do with sexual harassment from my understanding; they are two separate issues entirely from what I have seen...IMO!. LOL.

ElginTheGreat and trodgers like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

[​IMG]

trodgers likes this.
  7. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

abeer3 likes this.
  8. LTLakerFan

No. Not cut and dried like that. She wasn't raped and no signs of physical battle or injuries don't mean it could not have been very physical and frightening at the time thinking she was going to be raped. And loving probably her career working for the Lakers and Dodgers and doing TV at her young prime age. Even IF it happened who wants this done to your life now what is going to be certainly done to her facing a high powered defense attorney. All I got there usually with these things. And for some reason that career is gone at the present time who knows how long and if it was her decision or was fired for some reason. That could explain why now with Luke not still in town with Lakers. Career ruined? Just Tin Foilin'. Who knows.

trodgers likes this.
  9. Weezy

If you want some more examples of why public people might not come forward, look at the comments on this post she made a week ago. The internet is a cesspool of trash human beings I looked up her account to see if she posted anything on this, or what she’s been doing post-tv, and this is the stuff I see

https://www.instagram.com/kellimtennant/p/BwVe2E9AUlO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=gc15xarvkoru

“I’m filing a lawsuit against you for wearing a sports bra with no rack. I’ll wait until 2021 though”

“When dad’s trust fund runs out so you have to come up with a lie from 2 years ago”

“felt cute, might ruin a coaches career later, idk”

“You’re about to ruin a man and his family over false allegations, smh”

“I see ur tryna run up a quick bag”

“Why tf you lyinnnn, hoes be tryin to find the easy bag”

“Just for the money and fame ur worthless”

“U gold digger don’t even look that good”

“For someone who was sexually assaulted she seems pretty happy”

That’s just a FEW comments I picked out. Guess how many of those were made by men vs women...

IE Lakers, KB24, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  10. revgen

Those tweets are describing what needs to happen for a criminal case to proceed forward. Her allegations obviously didn't meet those standards or else Luke would be arrested right now.

The standards for civil suits are much lower.

11. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    I wouldn't say "obviously," unless you believe the California justice system never makes mistakes, but this does count for something.

revgen likes this.
  12. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Anybody watching this press conference...?

13. Weezy

The video is here if you follow the link, it’s only a few minutes. I’m not sure what to think, probably need a body language expert for this one

14. Weezy

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26589322/was-scared-come-forward

abeer3 likes this.
  15. revgen

This smells a bit fishy.

Kenzo likes this.
  16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    she's hot, must be true:Crazyartest:

17. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

This is what I don’t understand.

18. LTLakerFan

Also to come out from that news conference yesterday per Plaschke in the Times this morning is that no, Kelli never went to Spectrum officials over what happened and continued to happen. Just says she left in 2017. Spectrum went different direction or left of own volition? Jaimie Maggio (left) around the same time but is still working in sports media I believe. But Kelli did bring up she feared for her job if she had gone forward with complaints. 2014 -2017. Whole thing does seem odd with the timing now and why she has any confidence her word in a civil court vs Luke's will prevail for a settlement of any sort. This is going to be rough. Same defense attorney that got Derrick Rose off of far worse charges in the gang rape proceedings.

revgen and abeer3 like this.
  19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Read somewhere, forgot where, that Kelli left to take care of her ailing fiance. They've since separated though.

20. LTLakerFan

He did lose at least part of a leg in an accident before they were supposed to get married. I saw a photo the other day with her and him and a blade on his left leg. And she is doing holistic something now for present career.

sirronstuff likes this.