Dennis Schröder Discussion: Raptor

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by The Rock, Nov 15, 2020.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

(Knowing this is a touchy topic that went off the rails last time. Making it difficult to discuss or share your thoughts while contemplating where some might run with it)

If the above translation is true...Not telling anyone what to do, but personally, if I'm in a contract year and playing for my future and there's even a 10% less likely chance of getting covid again by getting the shot. I'm first in line to get the shot. Again, that's just me. But financially, saying no thanks is potentially very costly for a player who's already way off in terms of what we think he's worth and what he thinks he is worth.

2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Yeah, I was going to post this too, and I would bet on it being true. But important to take it with a grain of salt. The guy tweeting this is a nobody and he’s not actually linking to any article, just claims to be from Germany. I almost feel like I remember this same guy making definitive claims about Schröder earlier too that never came true (either he said that Schröder was signing an extension, or that he was getting traded, I can’t remember which).

3. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I'm also a Liverpool fan. I am starting to think I have something to do with the Lakers terrible luck. As bad as the Lakers luck has been, it's nothing compared to Liverpool's. They lost their first 3 center backs to season ending injuries (one of which is the best in the world at that position), and our captain has been out for months now as well. And we've picked up tons of other injuries along the way. I have a buddy who is also a Liverpool/Lakers fan. We are convinced we are causing this as both teams won their respective leagues last season and are now riddled with injuries. Heck, I'm a Cowboys fan too and Dak went down early with a gruesome season ending injury (not that the Cowboys had championship aspirations like the Lakers and Liverpool).

4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I just don't know how they all aren't vaccinated already. I would have thought that with their money and connections they could have leveraged their "high-risk" lifestyle (flying all over the country) into getting the shot early.

abeer3, LTLakerFan and lakerjones like this.
  5. Kawan

Kawan - Rookie -

DS just signed his ticket out of LA. I don't see him as a Laker next year.

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

there are athletes who have same fear n conspiracy of vaccines as regular folks

TIME likes this.
  7. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

Wow. What risks was he taking that others were not? Thought these guys would live in bubbles to try to protect the team, especially this time of year. Maybe it was just bad luck - could have been anybody. But if it was because of selfish risks... Anyway. The Lakers may be lucky there is a play in game. And they may have to win twice. Just ....

8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

fine by me. he's been unimpressive to say the least

Khmrp, Kenzo, abeer3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

When we make into the playoffs (or play in), I don't want this dude any where near the starting lineup or closing lineup.

Poor choice in the grander scheme of things to not get vaccinated. The team needed him.

And I don't know wtf Lebron is thinking either

On the brighter side...more THT/AC/Kuz. Let's roll

Khmrp likes this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

<resists urge to go turn this into a political thread>

yeah, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. if we're clever with trades/FA we can approximate his impact and let go of the crazy. was really hoping he'd be mid-career jason terry here. maybe at his next stop.

lakerjones likes this.
  11. The Rock

Politics aside from a practical and bottom line standpoint Lebron and Schroder have risked their availability, especially during a time when they're needed the most. If millions of high schoolers and college students safely take it why can't they. Students are returning to classrooms, sports and even proms and graduations.

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

oh, i'm on your side. the fact that it's even political is mind boggling. i just know the mods have been (rightfully) concerned about this becoming a focus here.

anyway, yes: schroder keeps screwing us with his unnecessary absences.

TIME, Kawan, Juronimo and 5 others like this.
  13. The Rock

TIME likes this.
  14. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

This may be a 7 or 8 game losing streak. Then the Pacers and Pels will have chances to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs. They will go all out. This is really bad.

15. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

He screwed up big time with this one. And it certainly won't help him to get that fat contract that he wants. Just do the right thing, so you don't have to miss a whole month because of this (2X2 weeks, in case it wasn't clear). He basically left us when we need him the most. At least Wes gets to play, which is a huge plus in my book.

Same goes for Bron, BTW, except he did not get sick... but it's a risk nevertheless.

Khmrp, JSM, abeer3 and 1 other person like this.
  16. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Dumb@$$ move DS. Get your vax and act like a professional. That should have been a no brainer.

Kawan, JSM, 432J and 1 other person like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Just like our similar speedster bulldog on D last year screwed us at the crucial time of that season.

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Someone said yesterday that Tatum had his butt kicked for a long time too. There's a whole movement out there I've read recently of survivors who have long term effects that are serious with various organs and don't want to be forgotten about with the research.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/sport/evan-fournier-covid-effects-spt-intl/index.html

lakerjones likes this.
  19. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I had an early round of it more than a year ago. It was brutal to say the least. Knocked me down for a week and took about a month to feel normal again. Everyone’s cases are different but I’m telling you as soon as I could get the vax I did. I don’t ever want to feel that way again. Sure, people have a choice but as an athlete facing the risk of Coronavirus on a pro level it just makes practical sense to protect yourself, your teammates and coaches, and your family as best you can and as soon as possible. Schroder said in the interview that he didn’t want to miss a bunch of games. How would you protect against that better than getting the shot? That’s pragmatism not politics.

432J, SamsonMiodek, Kawan and 3 others like this.
  20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

at least your symptons werent long term, at peak last Aug Im not sure I had covid cause they didnt test me at the hospital but I got brain bleeding and now my face and arm are still tingly and numb...has to be covid related seeing news that studies show an increase in anuerism type issues with people aged group 0f 18-40s

TIME likes this.