Dennis Schröder Discussion: Raptor

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by The Rock, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Makes the Dallas loss even more frustrating: they really should have fouled Dallas and just gotten the ball to Dennis to close that game out at the Ft line

Cookie, wcsoldier81, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Kyle Goon with a good article on the Ham-Schröder relationship

3. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Dennis is clutch

PurPle n GoLd 1 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Another good one by Dennis.

5. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Keep it rollin’ Dennis and prove me wrong!

lakerjones and PurPle n GoLd 1 like this.
  6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Nice scoring night and really engaged pressure D in the 2nd half. 8 assists from him is impressive, as is 10-10 from the line.

In that Kyle Goon piece I posted above, it mentioned he has been dealing with a cold. I wonder if that is to blame for some of those recent struggles.

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I like what Dennis brings to the team right now. He scores well (usually), plays solid single coverage defense, hits his FTs in the clutch where he really shined lately. His poise and free throws literally won some important games for us. Plays well with Bron, probably because he's just an undersized SG, so he doesn't mind moving around without the ball when necessary. I'd keep him, honestly. He does play well for the Lakers, seems the fit is mutual, hehe.

9. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I wonder if Dennis learned his lesson last time turning down a Lakers contract.

If I was Rob I might not tolerate having to wait too long for an answer before moving on.

karacha and abeer3 like this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he should take our BAE for the pain and suffering he caused before.

Barnstable, LTLakerFan and JSM like this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Another awful game, it’s a roller coaster ride with this dude. Great one night, invisible the next. A whopping 7 & 2 night.

12. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    And back to back blown plays when we got close in the 4th. Headscratcher.

[​IMG]

Cookie, abeer3 and JSM like this.
  13. Pioneer10

Why didn't he call a TO when he had the ball on the ground?

Did they change the rules so I cant do that anymore? I didn't the Lakers had enough in the tank to finish the comeback but they had the Clips reeling till that ay

14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

vet min, take it or leave it

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's a backup pg. we start him because...i don't know. reaves and lonnie are hurt? ham's his buddy?

note that the clippers finally moved reggie to the bench and just play without a point guard to start and do fine. hopefully, ham was taking notes. we could play a big lineup like that, too.

16. Pioneer10

Reaves at the 1 would be awesome with Lebron plus Rui and Walker would be awesome on both offense and ability to switch.

Lue is willing to make lineup changes that others coaches won't do though such as Doc Rivers. Not very confident with Ham

Cookie, LTLakerFan, TIME and 2 others like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i didn't mean to praise lue there (he's overrated), but yeah, just adjusting to your personnel is a good thing. the supposedly uncreative vogel also ditched pgs when we didn't have any good ones and started kcp as "pg" for the title run. kcp/green/lebron/AD/mcgee. it was bradley most of the season, iirc, another non-pg.

we could totally start lonnie/reaves/rui/lebron/AD or swap rui or lonnie out for bryant and go really big (think ham would prefer the smaller lineup).

both lonnie and reaves are competent enough ball handlers to get us into our sets, imo, and lonnie's quick enough to stay with pgs, just like kcp did.

18. Pioneer10

I disagree completely on this lol: he's one of the best in the NBA. For some reason a lot of fans don't like Lue but he's really really good
    A lot of Cleveland fans hated him because he replaced the Blatt (I get it he had a lot of Israeli fans).

He's just willing to do things consistently that other coaches have a hard time doing: play oddball lineups, bench guys even his favorites when necessary, got reclamations projects to work (JR smith, reggie jackson). He's even won w/o his best player: Clips got to the ECF w/o Kawhii. I'm not saying other coaches don't do this as well but Lue is the one who does this consistently both in game and thru the season

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, won't agree. he's been propped up by laker haters who were sour that we didn't sign him to coach here. many other coaches could do the same with what he's had there, imo. for all the wizardry the bloggers say he has, he generally just isolates kawhi like we isolate lebron. sometimes he isolates marcus morris or whatever. he plays his expensive interchangeable role players in accordance with whoever is hot that day, which is a nice luxury to have. i'm sure ham wishes his "oddball" lineups were all battle-tested 6'9" guys earning 8 figures instead of undersized vet mins who are either wholly unproven or well past their primes.

lue actually reminds me a lot of the guy he replaced, tbh. right down to taking credit for stuff that really isn't his to take credit for.

doc rivers also rode a) brief, modest success with an overachieving team (orlando), and b) rode coattails to a title early in his coaching career. just did it in reverse order.

Cookie, SamsonMiodek and JSM like this.
  20. Pioneer10

But he also did this in Cleveland when he didn't have interchangeable lineup: played Shumpert at PG. He played freaking Dahntay Jones in a critical Finals game and he actually made a difference. He's turned malcontents like JR Smith and Reggie Jackson into valuable dudes who are able to fit into roleplayer roles despite being good starters elsewhere.

The fact you're discounting your own comment - he's playing Terence Mann at the PG (terence mann! who has is nowhere near a guy like Reaves as a playmaker) spot actually re-inforces my point but folks just don't want to give him credit