Avery Bradley Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Kobe Bryant 8, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

I respect Avery's decision to skip the bubble. But he needs to feel the real pride of ownership by contributing during a playoff run. That ring will always have an asterisk next to it UNLESS he stays and gets another. No one can then say "he never even played in a playoff game with the Lakers" and the fact that he missed some time, even the entire '20 playoffs, no one can question he'd have only helped.

Cookie likes this.
  2. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Sorry but if I am Rob, Bradley can kiss that ring goodbye if he wants to opt-out for more money. He's completely entitled to it but the Lakers ultimately won the ring without his presence in the bubble. Now he wants more money but didn't want to take the chance to showcase his value in the bubble? Sure, he is arguably worth a lot more than the $5 million the Lakers gave him but if that's how he wants to act, Rob should rescind his offer to give Bradley a ring and tell him to go kick rocks...

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    since he has an injury history, I think he is thinking family first and opting out to try to get a multi-year deal.

When all you can do is basketball, and you've had to sit on the sidelines with injuries, the end of your career looks closer than for others that always remained healthy. if he can pass on 5mil for one year and turn it into 10 mil for 2, or 12 mil for 3, he'll actually take it, because if he gets an injury he can't come back from, that's 7 million he'll never get the chance to make again.

I think he basically has no choice but to do exactly this. He was finally healthy after several injured years, and he was effective. We'll miss him, but we obviously were able to survive without him, so I think we'll be fine. Lakers will be class act all the way and wish him well, but we aren't going to blow up a salary cap plan for Avery Bradley. That's just reality, so he's probably gone if he can get a multi-year offer.

lakerjones likes this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Is that even a plan any more though if we know through inside channels ;) Giannis is signing super max with Bucks? Something real attractive as others have said about building for next 2-3 years solid / improved ring worthy team if all our FAs we want back are reasonable with the per year wants.

5. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Playoff Rondo and Caruso made Bradley redundant. If he leaves, I won't lose any sleep over it, especially if the Lakers trade for Oladipo or DeRozan. Because he wasn't even in the bubble, when I think about next season's roster, I honestly don't have Bradley on it because I forget he's a Laker.

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    He was a big part of the team before the bubble. We may lose some or even all of Rondo, Green and KCP, we need guards. If he decides to play, he would be my No. 2 to hold on to out of this group right behind KCP.

7. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Pre-bubble he was playing like the best of any of the Lakers guard: I hope he stays

8. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Avery agreeing to the option quickly would take some pressure off us and KCP's deal

9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Got to keep either Bradley or KCP now with Green out the door for Schroder. We need a starting and bench SG.

Edit: with word that we are looking at Wes Matthews jr. I think Bradley is likely gone if he does end up opting out. We need to keep KCP as we have his Bird's rights.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

isnt mathews to replace green? i would think mathews help more with kcp leaving, i think Bradley stays to show off his gm for 21' fa

11. lakerjones

Is Mathews a starter at his age though? I think we need to keep one of our starting SG’s. I think Bradley is going to opt out for whatever his reasons are. I feel we have a better shot of retaining KCP especially as we have his Birds rights.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I think he is. He started all 67 games he played with the Bucks last season. Only played half the game, 24 min, but can definitely start if we need him to.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  13. lakerjones

Regardless, I love the idea of signing Matthews as well. I do hope we also keep KCP.

Lakers Rumors: LA Targeting Bucks' Wesley Matthews After Dennis Schroder Trade
    JENNA CICCOTELLINOVEMBER 15, 2020

With Danny Green reportedly headed to Oklahoma City to complete the transaction that brings Dennis Schroder to Los Angeles, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Lakers are looking to fill a hole at small forward.

Marc Stein of the New York Times reported Sunday that the Lakers are interested in signing Wesley Matthews, who has a $2.7 million player option with the Milwaukee Bucks for the upcoming season before he hits the free-agent market in 2021.

Matthews, an 11-year veteran who split the bulk of his career between the Portland Trail Blazers and the Dallas Mavericks before stints with the New York Knicks and Indiana Pacers, averaged 7.4 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 67 games for the Bucks.

14. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Matthews will be Green 2.0, you can quote me on that. 3 months into the season we'll be praying he stays glued to the pine.

15. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i just dont think mgmt wants to pay kcp what he wants

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

as long as hes not making 15M/yr i dont care

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, green 2.0, but 12 million cheaper, allowing us to fill other spots.

18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Green nearly as much if he wasn't taking up $15m in cap space. It's also easier to bench or even DNP someone when they're making the min vs. $15m a year.

19. lakerjones

Real question re: Matthews. Why is he coming here for Vets Minimum when his current contract he opted out of is $2.7 which is higher than Vets Minimum? Just wondering. I mean the Bucks are still a viable championship contender. Don't get me wrong. I want the guy, I just don't quite get it.

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Maybe we underestimate the desire to play for the sweetest and most successful owner in the NBA? :clap: :cool:

[​IMG]