Avery Bradley Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Kobe Bryant 8, Jul 8, 2019.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Fixed ….. with my version :D

2. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

The second game is the one I saw when he kicked our butts. He’s just turning 31 years old. It’s not like he’s pushing 40. I think he will be fine. He’s a two time nba all defensive team player. The D is what I want him for. And he’s familiar with our schemes and was good at it. Like Dwight and Rondo, I’m glad to have him again.

3. LTLakerFan

I think either he or Ellington will get released when we need the 15th spot for a deadline pickup or someone more impactful. He’s not guaranteed so likely him, but by then hopefully other guards are stepping up their D in pursuit of minutes. Ellington’s got to hit shots though or Reaves should get all his minutes and he should be gone.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  4. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I think fans who are objective know the supporting cast around Bron and AD isn't good impact wise overall.

Our best two players Ok'ed the Russ move , Bron wanted Melo ... so it is what it is.

I'm not going to complain about it all season long , I know an early playoffs exit ( read 2nd round probably) is likely barring some good moves at the deadline .

Another season with Bron not maximized , 2 out of 4 , it's quite a lot for Lakers standards

abeer3 likes this.
  5. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

He was holding down the guard position on the pre-lockdown championship squad. Regular season Rondo was terrible and Avery was balling. For this year... As much as I want Nunn or Monk to make the leap into a Lou Williams type player, not sure if they're really ready. Especially on a championship level. Don't mind the addition of another steady hand or insurance at the guard position. Welcome back.

6. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

I was a big fan of his until he pulled the covid thing.

Pioneer10 and wcsoldier81 like this.
  7. lakerjones

Remember that his son is immunocompromised though.

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i didn't have a problem with avery sitting out the bubble. at the time, i probably would have, too, tbh. in retrospect, the nba did a pretty good job of managing that situation, but it was hard to feel confident going in.

my issue with bradley is that he's been a non-factor since he left us, has trouble staying on the floor, and really doesn't fill a need on the current roster.

but again, it's pretty clear he's just filling in while folks are hurt. who knows, maybe he beats them all out and stays, but i'm guessing he's gone when buyout season arrives.

9. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

javale must be feeling left out

LTLakerFan likes this.
  10. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I didn't keep up with him at all last year but his numbers look okay in Miami. Houston was a dumpster fire so I'm not sure how much I really pull from his stats there.

I feel like he was solid for us and Vogel before he left the team and won't count out him still being able to give us solid defense.

I wouldn't gamble on my children's health now and I am not a millionaire like Bradley. I completely understood why he didn't go to the bubble. Kids change everything and its impossible to remove emotion from those kinds of decisions IMO.

lakerjones and abeer3 like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

But who on this team, with Bradley 2 seasons ago gone, Schroder gone, KCP gone, Eagle gone .... can keep on D to at least bother them the opposing speedy PGs. I've read Russ was good on D in the 2nd season with Paula in OKC, but PGs? (I don't know). Monk? Nunn? Who does anyone that knows think can do that? Schroder and Bradley are very similar in that skill. Rondo maybe in spurts but we can't start him and he can't do that all out like that anyway regular season. THT maybe, but he's out until Christmas. I feel like they asked Frank what would most help him now at the start of the season especially with all the guard injuries we have and great PGs we face every night.

:Kobe Shrug:

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  12. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I've always like Bradley and if he was the player he was pre-bubble (which is doubtful?) then he's a good fit with Russ: as he's a great defender poor defender which is the opposite of Westbrook. That being said his 3pt shooting percentage dropping is a bad said

Still surprised they are not getting another 3/4

abeer3 likes this.
  13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Nice short run. Good job. :ADeyesonyouleft:

14. lakerjones

I thought he played pretty well tonight.

TIME and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. ElginTheGreat

Well he at least seemed to fit in immediately and picked up where he left off. Might be with the team longer than we thought.

LTLakerFan, TIME and lakerjones like this.
  16. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I know it was just a few minutes, but he looked to me exactly like the Avery Bradley that was a valuable contributor for us in the 2020 regular season. I didn’t notice any physical regression to indicate he’s “washed up” or incapable of playing good defense. Offensively, it wasn’t just that he made a few open 3’s, but he also immediately demonstrated some good chemistry with AD and Bron in the pick and roll, making the right passes at the right time.

tada, TIME, Pioneer10 and 3 others like this.
  17. ElginTheGreat

Agreed. He was ready to go and should play more next game.

18. Mone 24

Mone 24 - Rookie -

Management Engineer
    I agree with you, guys.
    I like how he has entered in the game and the fit with Russell or Rondo is good.

He's a good defender on the opposite player (the best in the roster we have in the backcourt?) and he can also play as a ball handler in the PnR (he's able to pass the ball in the pocket or shot from the mid range).

In my honest opinion: we need one between him and Bazemore on the pitch for the 85% of the time.

19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Is he the Bozarro Laker?

Most guys historically come here and they forget how to shoot. Bradley seemingly forgot how to shoot when he leaves.

Surprised we saw him, honestly. Against guards who can touch us like the ones on the Warriors, he'll get time until THT comes back.

20. lakerjones

As I mentioned I liked this signing and I stand behind AB. Other than Baze he’s the only decent defensive guard/wing we have at the moment. I value that more than Ellington’s shooting as far as our guard vets go. And he knows Vogel’s system and plays well with Lebron and AD.