Anthony Davis Discussion: That's Why They Pay Me The Big Bucks

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

OH ok so 1-2 weeks = 2 months.

\Can't wait for that report...

2. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Med staff and whoever reports our injuries should all be fired

lakerjones likes this.
  3. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

Crazy how everyone is overreacting to a mild thumb sprain. It’s not like he sprained his ankle bad. AD is gonna have these injuries. Nothing to worry about. I guess we will see him in a final preseason game.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ElginTheGreat and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

can you blame us given this team's luck with injuries for almost this entire decade?

Juronimo, alam1108, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Oh it's what they have you believe. He'll be out 2 months now, with the idiots on our "medical" staff.

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Ugh. Hope he's ready to go sometime in the first week or two of the regular season.

7. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Why would Dr. Buss curse the Lakers?

8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think it's less of a curse and more of Dr. Buss selling his soul to Satan to have billions of dollars, Playboy bunnies running around him and a dominant basketball team in the decade of excess. Now...the bill comes due and his children are paying for it.

Totally joking by the way. We just went from extremely good luck (Kareem-Magic-Worthy-Shaq-Kobe-Gasol) to having slightly bad luck. Other franchises have had nothing but this type of "bad luck" their entire history. We're just not used to it. And through all this "bad luck" we have jumped up in the draft lottery a few times, with last season being a pretty significant jump.

Toneloc, abeer3, Barnstable and 3 others like this.
  9. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

This!

Also what’s up with criticizing the med staff. You want to be cautious with certain injuries and we saw how Rondo’s hand injury played out last year due to rushing back for the playoff run.

A stress reaction prognosis is taking a preemptive approach to a preventing a fracture and corrective surgery. You don’t rush that s***.

Plus our opening schedule is as stress-free as it can get. Plus I hear we have superb & versatile depth. Injuries happen in the NBA...can’t blame the med staff for doing their jobs in protecting the patient from themselves. Got issue with the depth that can’t cover for the loss, go to the appropriate party with your grievances.

10. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

That was a pretty good deal.

LTLakerFan and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i agree with the general principle...and then you ascend that ludicrous soapbox. if AD is out for any stretch, no backup we signed was going to help us win those games. you know that.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Waits for same 6 paragraphs copy / pasted.

13. vasashi17

1)Was I not up on my soapbox about 3 stars? If one goes down, you still got two.

2)If not three stars, was I soapboxing about protecting your stars? Look at our frontline depth and s*** our playmaking depth where Bron is forced to play starting point. Protect your stars instead of having them rush back from injuries and/or playing positions/roles they’re not comfortable playing.

3)This isn’t about winning as many games as possible. This is about getting to the playoffs no matter how lowly seeded we are with our stars ready to go the distance.

4)Y’all keep playing Dodge ball with that concept tho. I’m not interested in soapbox racing to May, when it’s all about ascending into June.

5)Our strength is clearly our front court cause that’s where our stars are. How about doubling down on that aspect instead of hoping Dwight (who has been limited in recent years) and McGee (who has been limited in recent years) can stay healthy keeping AD healthy. I guess f*** riding your own wave, the whole league is playing small ball doe.

6)Meanwhile I’ll wait for a proper rebuttal to those very real concerns.

14. LTLakerFan

We clearly have 180 different eye tests going on about this roster. But you never go eye test and talk about how the guys are actually looking and playing on the floor with so little practice so far, rather just parrot the SOS (stuff ;)) about injuries and how everyone on this roster sucks except Bron, AD and Kuz compared to what you would have done.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  15. vasashi17

Eye test tells me it’s preseason and we’re going up against preseason rosters. It’s hard for me to assess anything of consequence other than health.

For a vet squad, we’re a little banged up (Dudz out of shape, Kuz cleared for noncontact, Cook still out, Daniels injured after 1 game) and when it’s our design that our wings drive opposing ball penetration into the teeth of our defense, AD got hurt as the last line playing small ball 5, instead of playing a weak side help defender, which he played successfully (and healthily) alongside McGee/Dwight.

I didn’t get high off the preseason opener vs the dubs or low off the Nets route in China. My focus is still on good health and the long haul towards a chip.

But if you really want an eye test on the preseason, in 43 minutes together, Bron and AD were a +17. Surprise surprise. So yeah, they ain’t trash.

Meanwhile, allll that shooting we brought led to bottom 3 in takes...
    https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=FG3A&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Pre Season&PerMode=Per100Plays

...and bottom 5 in makes.
    https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=FG3_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Pre Season&PerMode=Per100Plays

I guess our shooting stays trash.

So maybe if you’re really putting stock into what’s being seen in the preseason, you maybe wanna broaden your lens.

alam1108 likes this.
  16. LTLakerFan

Just wish you would give it a rest and let's see how we actually look as a cohesive roster with the FO's vision rather than your's that you've told us 100 times. Now that it looks like most everyone's going to be healthy heading into the first few games of the season.

17. LTLakerFan

LOL with the extremely limited sample, experimentation and guys missing so far. What a lame statement. The trash shooting was last year.

18. vasashi17

Comment was obviously tongue in cheek to your “everybody sucks” comment.

Preseason achievements and mischief..ments makes no difference to me. So I don’t put much stock into Bron/AD dominating, Dwight looking like the next Magic or our poor shooting...we in the preseason bro...all I care about is health trends. Bron played extensive minutes as the starting PG and I ain’t with it for health reasons. AD got hurt playing small ball 5 in a preseason game and I ain’t with it for health reasons. An out of shape Dudz and Kuz are our primary backups to our stars and I ain’t with that type of depth for health reasons. I’m not sure how clear you want me to make it to you.

So I guess your eye test doesn’t catch everything. You pretty much want to see what you want if that line is your entire take away from my post.

My initial comments were towards folks ignoring the depth concern and instead upset at our med staff for protecting the players. You and abeer took it as something else, cause the FO is flawless.

#GiveItARest

19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

and by design. Disgraceful. At least they tried to fix a fatal flaw this time.

as for protecting AD, I’m on board! Let’s not have him block shots, drive, or really do anything that carries risk. Then he can be healthy for the lottery.