Andre Drummond Is A Sixer!

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by OmarE, Mar 28, 2021.

1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I'm always surprised if his shot actually goes in, unless he is dunking.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  2. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I'm not blaming him but the FO and Vogel . He seems to be a good dude and he is for sure enjoying his time with the team .

abeer3 and karacha like this.
  3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

He's the (very) poor version of Westbrook at the center position : for every great play he makes , he'll make a mistake in return

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I've seen him make all kinds of contorted chippies around the basket, hang and double pump, reverse lay ins, off balance short hooks, and sure he has missed some too. But we seem to not be getting the same impression for sure.

5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I'm almost exactly the opposite, LOL. I'm used to him making all sorts of awkward shots, like Trez in a way. But when he goes for a dunk, I think he's going to miss it and fumble the ball.

[​IMG]

TIME and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

Yeah you're right, those small hands. One handers. Two handers no problem. Usually.

7. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I’m not as down on Drummond as most but I don’t want him back next year. His BB IQ is missing in action.

432J and Weezy like this.
  8. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I mean he's a total box score warrior but when you watch the game his errors are just so egregious.
    For example he had a wide open dunk/layup off a great Lebron pass. The problem is he blew the layup and the whole team was not setup to run back because he was literally wide open next to the basket. It ended up causing a 5 point swing as the Kings got a wide open 3 because again the team was out of position to get back on D.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    abeer3 likes this.
  9. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    well, we have him for the year. I am more than willing to wait and see how the playoffs go, same with Dennis. We can't do anything about either at this point anyhow. If we win a ring and either of them steps up, or down, we can decide what to do then.

LTLakerFan, karacha and Cookie like this.
  10. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    the mods don't want us talking about it, too political and one person has already been banned over it. Good luck on figuring out yourself, on your own.

11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Just a correction, nobody was banned. There was a suspension, but nobody was banned. It also wasn’t just over “discussing politics”, though yes we don’t want that here, it was for not listening to multiple warnings to stop, and then telling me to “suck it”.

12. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired

I was close man!!!

[​IMG]

13. Kawan

Kawan - Rookie -

I don't need a lecture on what you think someone else is banned for. I responded to a poster. And left it at that. If you have an issue with my statement about fairness, take it up with the mod.

14. karacha

^
    It usually leads to political discussion, so we are making sure that doesn't happen.

15. LTLakerFan

Was just reading back to see if I had seen “all” the negative feedback on Drummond and was surprised here to see Dennis caught in the crossfire / hyperbole with regard to his ability to make a “layup”. Because of one game, considering how many other “The Flash” like blow by “difficult” ones he has made the rest of this season. And it not having been posted in GT.

:Magicwow4:

Yep that was one painful loss for sure. ;)

16. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I’m going to buy low on the Drummond stock, seems it’s at an all time low and is bound to bounce back up.

Losing to the Kings sucks, but the fans are acting like now Drummond is the singular cause of why this season will inevitably fail. Relax people. The past few pages here is probably providing Doomsday content for other fans.

Yes his basketball IQ isn’t the greatest, his team defense has significant room for improvement, his touch around the basket is a little brutish.

But I don’t see him as THE reason we lost. He’s actually looked decent to me. His size and rebounding ability seems to me to be legitimately valuable to our team. Although his offensive game is ugly, it’s actually been effective and it doesn’t seem to be that he’s demanding an unnaturally high number of touches to try to pad his stats or anything. His shots have mostly come within the rhythm of the offense, and I haven’t really seen the ball stick to his hands too much. When he’s not in scoring position, for the most part he keeps the ball moving and actually seems to be a decent passer.

JSM, Wino and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

Props for the “buy low” analogy. :cool:

Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t view him as a huge liability ONLY. But use Marc too more often because he IS valuable to the offense and defense with his size, passing, IQ and ability to shoot the ball.

JSM, Helljumper and Wino like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

marc gasol's still a more valuable player. he knows it. and that's why he was mad when they just handed drummond the starting spot. and it's why i didn't blame him.

drummond's not a terrible player; he just doesn't match his stats in terms of impacting wins. he's basically the anti-marc gasol.

Pioneer10 and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

The problem is I see it is that if he was the only big it would be fine but the same thing happened with McGee and Dwight last year, the spacing issues he can't fix even if he was a much better finisher. Combination of his inability to finish the chances that he creates with the defense able to collapse really messes the Lakers up. They don't have a pure shooter so this makes the Lakers even more vulnerable

20. karacha

We are getting pure shooters, 3&D guys, year after year. Except they come to LA and can't shoot, or are so inconsistent you want to pull your hair out. So, they mostly end up being "no 3+D" guys.

Another option is someone like Cook, who can shoot, but is a revolving door, so those types of players will get no playing time from Vogel and end up getting traded or cut.

Cookie likes this.