Andre Drummond Is A Sixer!

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by OmarE, Mar 28, 2021.

1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I don't know, abeer3, let's hope so.

2. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

No but I think the hope is with Bron he'll be able to focus on rebounding and crashing the glass. Lucky for him he's just so big and athletic if you can limit his responsibilities he can very helpful (i.e. Nets game).

Only annoying thing is he and whiny Gasol need to be cool with sitting against certain matchup like Luka who will pick him apart

LTLakerFan and karacha like this.
  3. karacha

^
    +1. I also wanted to add that I normally would not trust Drum to do the right thing, except that we have LeBron, the best leader in the NBA. With Bron on and off the court, I believe Drummond will buy in. Everyone knows what he brings to the team, but people are not sure if he can make some real impact and improve certain aspects of his game. Well, if he wants that new contract, those are the questions that he needs to answer and the best way to do it is to elevate his understanding of the game this year in the playoffs. And Bron is the one who will help him realize that.

SamsonMiodek and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

As much as many of us used to despise from afar Lebron’s personality (and there were things definitely not to like from afar) that he’s matured from ..... @karacha ^^^^ above .... them’s just facts and not purple Laker homer glasses on.

5. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I sure don't love some of the BS that Lebron has gotten into off the court, but on the court, he is great. I cannot think of another player who is playing today, that I would rather build a team around. The only problem is, he is not going to last too much longer. I think our window is 3 more years and that is being generous. Truth is, he has had major injuries two of the past three years and the year he didn't was last years covid shortened season. I believe we are going to need to handle his minutes very carefully from here on out. Starting next year, we are going to need to start thinking about another floor general that we can team with AD to get us back to the top.

Cookie likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

in fairness, the ankle sprain was a freak injury. but those big muscle strains and stuff are likely to continue with age, and your general point stands (we only have a year or two of this kind of impact left).

Wino and Cookie like this.
  7. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Andre is DUUUUUUMB. Andre Dumbond.

Interesting likes this.
  8. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Rather have Damian Jones if I'm being honest.
    Just not a great fit with another big

abeer3 likes this.
  9. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Good job FO ...

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i mean, they basically got drummond for free

but don't want him back next year for sure

11. Kawan

Kawan - Rookie -

What BS has Lebron gotten into off the court? Standing up for fairness ??? I am glade he and others have.

Juronimo likes this.
  12. wcsoldier81

Jones as a 3rd stringer was fine , this is what the team needed .

Not sitting Marc for a low IQ and impact starting center

Pioneer10 and abeer3 like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right. herpes is free, too. we disrupted chemistry and actually got worse in a basketball sense for this. our FO is good, but this wasn't one of their highlights.

we probably end up buying out marc at his request next year, drummond leaves, and we end up bargain shopping for a starting center.

i wanted dieng, but jones was fine, too. anyone that didn't upend our philosophy for what wasn't even that big of a theoretical pay out.

14. karacha

While I do agree with some of the sentiment here I think you guys are overreacting a bit. We had to sign Drummond, other teams would have if he did not choose us... you better believe he would contribute on those teams and we would then wonder what went wrong and why we're stuck with Gasol who is "so slow, can't score" etc.

Drummond simply needs to develop more chemistry with AD and Bron. He's not a high IQ player, that's absolutely true, but he definitely contributes in many aspects of the game. Scoring is solid, rebounding is great (he had 17/7 last night, shooting 64%), he improved his FT shooting significantly, he had 2 blocks as well. Defense is all over the place, sometimes it's really good, sometimes he forgets where he needs to be, but that's to be expected.

Basically, what I am saying is that he deserves some criticism, but we're looking for someone to blame because we're disappointed in the performance of our team, and it's easy to blame the new guy. I am more concerned about the lack of shooting and the performance of Schroeder (who thinks he's a $25M/year player) and KCP. They go 0-10 from 3, combined, and let's be honest - this is totally unacceptable. Dennis was careless with the ball, Kieff isn't doing anything lately etc. Drummond, on the other hand, mostly did his job.

Wino, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I'm not going to complain about the chemistry. It was his first game with LeBron and AD. But I just don't see how we can afford to have two starters that can't make a layup between him and Dennis. The two of them could produce a video on how not to shoot layups.

Wino and Weezy like this.
  16. karacha

Drum needs to start dunking more often (and he showed some of that last night, playing with Bron), and Schroeder is perfectly capable, but needs to seriously re-focus because he looked totally lost out there. Missed layups, passes that went nowhere and were sometimes barely caught by his teammates, it's like he was completely distracted by something. I won't even start with KCP and his Houdini act. Maybe they'll get it together for the playoffs, who knows.

TIME likes this.
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Seems to me that “most” of the time Andre actually has a pretty good feel around the basket, from difficult angles even sometimes, getting the ball into the basket. Wasn’t watching carefully last night, did he blow several layups or something?

18. wcsoldier81

We had enough chemistry issues mainly on offense with all the injuries , there was no need to add another new player and problem in Drummond who is clogging the paint and is an inferior defender than Marc ...

19. karacha

OK, but it is not on him so much. The team decided to go for more depth, simple as that. He’s doing what he can.

20. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

It was a homerun signing via buyout.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't fit with this team.

He can't space the floor, isn't an elite finisher, can't shoot, etc.

He's an empty stats player.

Shall we provide the tape here for evidence?