2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

If we lose them, it's going to become really difficult.

2. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

Ya, when it is convenient for you you leave games out, or keep them in when its not. You disregard a 29 point game as the beginning of his "stretch" yet include three consecutive games as part of the stretch where he didn't net 30. Again, whatever makes your insane conclusions look better.

And you always end with the tireless wait and see as if you are proving something...

How many waits and sees you got??

I think we were supposed to be 10 games over .500 in November and top 3 in the West before Christmas in one of your "wait and sees" lol

3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

You are flailing around now..he had 27 to start the season off didn't he? He had 1 29pt game after that. Was that the dominant AD?

NO..he stepped his game up, and started looking like the Old AD in the Nets game, and didn't look back until he got hurt against Denver.

Yeah I said what I said, and will say it again. With a healthy AD and Lebron, we are at a minimum top 3 in the West, as currently constructed.

Injuries happen, Lebron took a minute to get it going. Whatever...we are here right now, with those two healthy, the remaining games will determine what's what.

PurPle n GoLd 1 likes this.
  4. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

I dont see the logic in this extension with Turner aside from them committing to him based on the season he has had....

and I don't know how you can justify moving away from that commitment 2 weeks later..

The Myles Turner talk needs to be dead, if they shouldn't have been already...

5. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

It makes him tradeable as he has committed to 2 more years at a good price. This way Indy can get a FRP too. Especially works for us.

lakerjones and svtzr like this.
  6. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I've seen you get on Slick like you're a homing missile a few times with the intention of just beating him in a debate rather than actually looking at if his points hold any value.

Is there more than one way to build a team? Yes there is. You trying to make Slick look silly with his notion that adding an elite defensive 5 that can also hit from 3 to prop up your viewpoint of shooting is the only way to go is silly. I agree that adding shooters is the simpler way to go, but Myles Turner would be a wonderful and transformative addition to our team and you know that as well. Either you're just trying to beat Slick at an argument to make him shut up or are you really saying adding an 18/8/2.5 blocks with 39% shooting from 3 elite defensive center wouldn't help more than a shooter who can't defend?

Secondly, you're focusing on the literal interpretation of "top" of the west. When I read the post I read it as top 4 but once again you're arguing the literal definition like his point doesn't hold any weight. Without AD for 20 games, Reaves for 13, Lonnie for 14, Lebron & Bev for 3 - we went 10/10. Out of those losses, 5 were winnable with AD:

- Charlotte 23/12: Lost by 4 points (2 of those points were last second free throws for Charlotte with 0.1 left on clock) Why? Because we allowed two offensive rebounds on the last two defensive possessions in the last minute.
    - Dallas Christmas Day: They won by 9 points while Christian Wood went 12/15 in the paint. AD doesn't let Wood or Powell go off in the paint like that.
    - Dallas 12/1: Double Overtime officiating farce. Should of won anyway
    - Philly 15/1: Missed foul by Embiid on Westbrook officiating fault. Should of won anyway
    - Kings 18/1: Richuan Holmes goes 7/7 from the paint. AD doesn't let this happen.

It's more than arguable - I would say probable - that we could have gone 15-5 with AD. That puts our record at 28-21. Guess what? Top 3 in the West.

Maybe Slick rubs you the wrong way, but he has some good points behind his bravado.

abeer3 and Slick2021 like this.
  7. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

Um, like I already pointed out he scored 25, 25 and 27 (and missed a game) over a 4-game stretch during that "never looking back" you highlighted. So a 29 point game shouldn't just be discarded.....the reason you did and the 2-games after where he scored 21 and 24 with a combined 23 rebounds is because they lost all 3 of them.

You aren't exclusive when it comes to viewing a Basketball Reference individual game log.....

As for what you said.....you didn't quite articulate that accurately. I think it was something like November or December (when you were defending Westbrook) that we would be top 3 in the West, not the end game lol

8. Slick2021

Lol..I just watched this " stellar " ABC NBA halftime bunch, go on and on about how great Jokic and Denver was, and then have to eat all of that, by the time the game was over. Hoops happens

abeer3 likes this.
  9. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

The Turner extension makes him more palatable for a trade. He is locked in at 20 per for 2 more seasons after this one. So teams are going to be more open to trading for him because they know he can’t bolt. Turner gets an extension he is happy with plus an additional 17m sweetener for this season.

How can’t you see the logic? This certainly makes me more interested.

lakerjones and Barnstable like this.
  10. Slick2021

Nope..nope...not having it. AD had 2 25 pt games and 1 27 pt game after Brooklyn. We won all 3. He wasn't playing at that level before Brooklyn, it might just be why we lost those earlier games?

Top 3 in the West was always about AD and Lebron. Even when it applies to Westbrook, I posted that a thousand times. They have only played 20 together this season lol.

Basketball Reference is a good site, I'm glad that you follow what I post.

11. Slick2021

He knows all of this...it's more about "aha gotcha Slick"..then anything else. I find it amusingly irritating .

12. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

Nah, you can read slower I guess- Repeatedly I say adding Turner would help, so there is no disregarding his notion
    1) It doesn't become literal if he isn't replying FIRST to my post and again (which he has done repeatedly) contradict the necessity or importance of needing more shooting

2) That and of course using the word "too" which means ALSO to my point- and I clearly said we would be #1 in the West if we were in the middle of the pack in shooting

The rest of the argument continues on that "literal" tone because of his replying to me FIRST, which again was firing missiles at me (and anyone who says the obvious that we need more shooting and that should be what we look to trade for).

And you can't really say I am not giving his points any value when I wholeheartedly agree that Turner would have been/would be a welcomed addition for the exact points you insisted I am not giving any credence to (???) The only things I pointed out is it would have been a better deal prior to netting Rui, because it would eat into his, Bryant and Gabriel's minutes now.

No, however it is not probable that we go 15-5 instead of 10-10...it is still unlikely. Thomas Bryant, perhaps the biggest reason we went even 10-10 hasnt even proven himself as a viable option in the starting lineup with AD and I dont think Ham would have put him in there. He was a big catalyst in those 10 wins though.

Sure you can break it down like you did above and say, we probably would have won; but that is not likely how they would have panned out, assuming AD had even played 30 minutes in all of them (he failed to do so in 7 games- didnt even play in 3 at all in the first 25 games)...

13. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

Feelings are definitely mutual, especially all your wait and sees that never materialize and yet we get more and more of them:Laugh: lol

14. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

Palatable sure. More likely I would say not. They seem to want to make him part of the nucleus...

15. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I didn’t say likely. I said palatable, as it encourages a wider net of teams to bid for him from smaller markets that would be worried with him bolting if he became a free agent.

I just feel like you’re more interested in cornering Slick so you can win the argument than anything else.

I’m not interested in going back and forward on what our record could have been with AD. If you don’t think adding a MVP calibre player and DPOY level defender in AD improves our 10-10 record without him then I feel like you’re just debating for the sake of debating and we just see things differently. And I’m cool with that.

16. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

It's just pure math. If we turn the losses from when AD didn't play into wins, we aren't top of the West. That's what Slick said, it's scientifically impossible. It's fine, let's move on

KobeKing4208 likes this.
  17. Slick2021

Meh..the games aren't getting canceled, it's going to be, what it's going to be. Top 3 in the West.

18. Slick2021

Lol..here comes another one....

That's bad math, if we turned the losses from when AD didn't play, into wins, we'd be 28-21...Top 3 in the West.

How exactly is that scientifically impossible?

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

whoa...interesting development in indy. smart work by the FO to utilize that space. imo, this means he's not moved until the summer at earliest. and for MORE than he'd have gone for prior. all at no cost to the organization.

svtzr likes this.
  20. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

The argument was never about whether he would improve upon our 10-10 record had he played. I repeatedly conceded that would have been more likely the case.

Geez, are you two related? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.