Would It Be More Merciful To Trade Kobe Bryant?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by ILikeLakers, Oct 29, 2014.

1. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

That was a terrible analogy. Sorry.

You can get rich continuing to jam a square peg in a round hole, it happened for 3 years until we got Gasol. As long as you have your square peg, either the peg, or the hole, will eventually fit. It's called patience.

2. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I'd rather watch Kobe shoot jumpers over 3 defenders for the last two years of his career, than wait for an unproven rookie to develop the next 5.

therealdeal likes this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

IF kobe wanted out, I'd move him. but he won't pull that at this stage in his career, imo.

and for southbay, philly moving barkley in his prime before having won much is different than la moving kobe in his golden years after five titles.

plus, this franchise moved shaq at the tail end of his prime and got jack squat in return. I shudder to think what would come back for kobe right now. oh wait, amare + mediocre-at-best prospects? yep, *shudder*

4. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    This is a great point. Lakers were good enough to compete, and they could have attracted good talent (like they had the year prior with Payton and Malone). We handcuffed ourselves for years with that deal - until someone was stupid enough to give us Gasol.

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe there's a contingent of fans who will even entertain Tim Hardaway Jr. and Amar'e Stoudemire for Kobe. Just reprehensible. Awful. A little terrifying.

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    The only chance we have, albeit a slim one, to nab a top free agent next year is with Kobe on the team.

Who is coming here to play with Randle, Top 5 pick (Best case scenario) and Nick Young? No top player that's for damn sure.

Who is coming here to play with Randle, Top 5 pick (Best case scenario) and Kobe? Maybe a top player WITH the chance of that snow balling like the Cavs this past offseason where everyone and their mother was trying to get on that team.

The truth is, Kobe is the only reason anyone would look at the Lakers. And as good as Kobe has looked so far this preseason/season, I'd feel like a complete doofus if he somehow played at that level next season and for another two seasons if rings are within reach.

therealdeal and lakerjones like this.
  7. southbaylakers72

southbaylakers72 - Rookie -

I'm not the one who posted we give him to knicks. That said, you have to be kidding about wanting to watch kobe drop 25 over three defenders while lakers suck for next two years. I'm hopeful it won't come to that but i won't waste my money to pay to see kobe hit a few more shots. Seen him in his prime. Also watched sad teams in forum in 1993 - 1996 era. Magic was fun to see in his comeback but sad to see how many laker fans were desparate to hang onto something that was not there. Same with big game james. It's scary to turn the page and kobe is a once in a generation player with a will to win (the best) but I thought the world was over when the 80s teams were dead. Guess what ? It sucked but i got over it. Enjoyed the game for the game and lakers won 5 more. Same will happen here.

8. southbaylakers72

Agree
    100 percent. Remember buss was willing to trade kobe back in 05 06. glad he didn't.

9. southbaylakers72

You have to be kidding me.

This is not 07. Durant isn't coming to Los Angeles. If he was then like the Gasol situation history might prove you right. Just cause we lucked into gasol doesn't mean lighting strikes twice. You be patient. Watch bad basketball. I think lakers will keep their minds more open than that. That said, I dream that kobe goes on a tirade like 07 and tries to lead the league in scoring. Lakers are a 30 win team tops.

10. therealdeal

11. southbaylakers72

Sorry.

Forgot this was the optimistic thread.

12. therealdeal

It's not but you're getting pretty low there man. :D

Just trying to lighten the mood.

southbaylakers72 likes this.
  13. southbaylakers72

Sorry to all. Loss of Randle really bummed me out and messes up my love for this vintage. if we beat the clippers it will all feel better (wait just saying that sounds sad and may bum some people out).

14. southbaylakers72

He won't demand a trade. That I promise . He is a good soldier and I predict will convince nash to play next year.
    'Kobe is not done after this contract. He is staying for 2 more

15. southbaylakers72

Something is up in lakerland. We will see.

Karl Malone has a bunch more points than kobe on all time scoring list. Wanna bet kobe stays (body willing) until either he passes Malone or wins no 6?

16. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

Kobe for Marcus Smart.

17. Jb8

Jb8 - Rookie -

You want to taint kobe's career with those nasty C bag colors?

Get that garbage out of here.

18. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Kobe isnt going anywhere...literally 0% chance. Only way he leaves is if when his contract expires,we cant recruit championship level talent and he joins a contender for cheap to chase another ring or two to pass some of the all time greats like Jordan. I truly believe we can give him one more shot here, we just got to stay patient and he will re-sign with us to a fair contract to literally give us whats necessary to complete the team he can envision legitimately having the shot to win the title.

End thread, 5 pages lol. This isnt Paul Pierce were talking about and Kevin Garnett spent most of his career with the T-Wolves.

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    The chance of Kobe playing until he wins number 6 is about the same as Holyfield continuing to fight until he wins the Heavyweight Championship one more time.

20. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    lol. Okay guy, you are really in fact the most interesting man..on Lakers Ball. No disrespect, but you dont think in 2 years when his contract expires theres a chance two other stars join us for a quick super team or he signs a cheap deal with someone on the verge of winning a championship to take a last Brett Favre type shot? MY answer is yes and I will peace out because im not trying to even attempt to debate this. Ill let others do so if they wanna.