Wmc 15/16: We are finally at the END! BYE BYRON!!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Magic Skywalker

Magic Skywalker - Rookie -

Okay, right now I'm a bit pissed with the team.

My main problem with the Lakers right now is certainly not missing on Scott Brooks (actually, I didn't want him at all), it's not missing on Thibs (even though I would've love having him here) and hell, it's not even keeping Byron Scott (though IT IS a huge problem). My main concern about the Lakers is that I'm starting to feel a certain apathy from us, I feel we're a headless chicken and the team honestly has absolutely no clue what to do, the feeling I get from the Lakers is pretty much the one I would get from a woodcutter who's suddenly put on an ER room and is tasked to perform an open-heart surgery on someone. Can you imagine what the woodcutter would do? I can imagine a man terrified in front of the patient without being able to move a finger, knowing he has no clue about anything, he doesn't even know what's a scalpel.

Even if the plan was to keep Scott, then okay, go through with that (horrible) plan, but they're not even capable of that. Just like free-agency, I think they have no idea what to do. Sure, there are some obvious things, like trying to sign Kevin Durant if possible. Sure, we can try those things that are absolutely obvious, but when we actually have to decide, it seems completely impossible. I'm starting to think we have no plan at all. Just trying to get the obvious player and then hopefully thing work for us. We have no vision at all about our future, we're just constantly improvising.

According to the Thibs and Brooks news, it's not that we didn't want them, we lost them because of our inaction and that pisses me more than anything. Even more than the actual fact of keeping Byron Scott who I obviously don't want as our coach (I've yet to meet someone who thinks we should keep him).

I'm worried because each year I'm losing more and more trust in our front office, which used to be one of the stronger points of our franchise. I think we have some really nice pieces in Randle, Russell, Clarkson, Nance and possibly a top 3 draft pick, put sadly, I can't really attribute that to our front office... well, except Clarkson, that was a fantastic move by Mitch. But that's mostly the result of some horrible seasons, of the worst period in Laker history. I have no idea what this team wants. I can't even disagree with whatever the team is trying, because I feel they're not trying anything, and that's a recipe for disaster.

I hope there's something in our oven, but I've yet to smell anything. I fear we might end up going without dinner (yes, I was actually cooking something right now).

Kentucky Laker and LTLakerFan like this.
  2. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I was super excited for a second when I saw the words the end and Bryon together in the thread title.

3. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    That was just mean.

gcclaker, sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    held my breath.....
    and then a sense of death
    not funny
    that some mod is on meth

Toklat and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, what's with the bait and switch on the thread title change?? Not cool. It's "Bye" by the way.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    You suck if you are the one, gave me false hope that Boron was gone,
    I would like to stop all this rhyming, which will only happen with an idiot's firing.

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'

And this is the guy the FO wants to bring back?

Byron could stay next year, followed by Phil coming the year after......

Lord help us. This franchise is doomed.

thkthebest, therealdeal and Weezy like this.
  8. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Byron is fired and I'm still a little ticked. How much of that recent Thibs/Woj article was insider info on the Lakers going back and forth on Byron while Thibs was eager to accept the job?

Man I wished this happened before hand so we could have at least a chance to talk to him to see if there was any compromise in power.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Pincus said Thibs was only really interested in being President of Bball ops because of all the friction he's had with his GM in the Bulls. I think it was a non-starter.

Messina, Walton, Ollie let's goooooooo

Kenzo, lakersyunowin and lakerjones like this.
  10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I'm over the Thibs thing. The Lakers were not going to make him coach, and give him Jim's job, and pay him 10 mil per or whatever he got. Also, thread title changed, feel free to give it even more punch if you like fellow staff.

11. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

So this is a few days late and I saw it being discussed in the Byron thread. But Jeanie Buss is seriously hurting the Lakers.

What kind of good could be accomplished by admitting she was shocked at our decision with Byron. Really? You didn't see it coming? You are the OWNER of the team....if you didn't see this coming you are 1) delusional 2) disconnected and 3) digging a big a** grave for this organization's reputation.

I have never even entertained the thought of selling this franchise to an outsider, but if the "sane" Buss child is playing games we're in real trouble. She better keep her mouth shut, stick to business and back her damn brother up. Because that's what you do as owner.

12. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Yep @Chillbongo agreed on everything you said about Jeanie. I think she's an even bigger problem than Jimmy. Ultimately they both need to swallow their pride and get on the same page.

Chillbongo likes this.
  13. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Administrator: Media Staff Member

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

^^^ Let Kobe buy in as well like Magic with the Dodgers and be involved in strategic decisions..... unlike, "Meh... I don't think the Dodgers' brand with fans is being affected by 2/3 of them having no TV for 3 years" .....Johnson. Kobe and Jordan battling again as owners.

Just a thought. YMMV. This is in addition to his position of Yoda teaching skills hands on to our players when he's in town and in the mood for some basketball with current NBA caliber ballers and a good workout. Short "drive" by that chopper. It's a tough life for Kobe going forward.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  15. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Not to mention he has always been an intrical piece to Kobe getting back from his last 3 major injuries, mainly the achilles.

Backstage Lakers did a piece on his back in the day and he seems like a cool dude. He's always sitting court side along the baseline near the Lakers bench.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. kdctran

kdctran - Rookie -

I'm all for making the team better, but if we get to pick Simmons, I really don't want to trade him.

17. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

If we get the #1 pick I think Jimmy Butler will be a Laker.

therealdeal and alam1108 like this.
  18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don't think Cowherd knows anything, but it isn't hard to guess that may be our mentality. Getting the #1 or 2 pick gives you the ability to possibly trade for an all-star. Do we really want to draft another 19 year old and add him to the "to be developed" list, or do we want to trade for talent? This is a rebuild, but that doesn't mean the Lakers won't always try to get real good again real fast if they can. We aren't philly, this isn't "trust the process", if we can trade for a guy like Butler, sign DeRozan/Whiteside, the FO will do it.

lakerfan2, therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  19. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

If we got Butler and signed Whiteside I think KD would take a serious look at us. No neither is as good as Westbrook obviously, but he'd be playing with two All Stars who are probably better fits for his game.

Russell/Huertas
    Butler/Lou
    Durant/Brown
    Randle/Nance Jr.
    Whiteside/Black

Bench is really weak, but that's at least a top five seed in the West.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Battle Tested20 likes this.
  20. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

You're trading the #1 and Clarkson for Butler? I'd do #1 straight up or no deal.