Which Opponent Are You Looking Forward To Facing Most?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

With the new season not far from us. Only a couple of months away and a new era in Lakers basketball set to commence with a new voice in the locker room. There's a lot of young talent on this basketball team combined with veterans who have earned respect around the league both as being quality players and as leaders as well. Bottom line there is a lot of reasons to be excited.

Is there a particular opponent you're looking forward to seeing these Lakers facing off against? For me it's an easy choice and it's the Warriors. Yes I know we'll likely get dismantled like a lot of teams playing Team USA 2.0, but I'm looking forward to seeing Brandon face the guy he's idolized and been most compared to in Durant. Steph and D'Angelo will also be a fun matchup. Steph is clearly the best PG in the game along with Westbrook and obviously Russell is one of the guys many including myself expect to be one of the top point guards down the road. Then of course there's the Luke factor who knows the Warriors as well as anyone and it'll be interesting to see how he game plans for this super team in Golden State.

Another matchup I'm looking forward to seeing is Randle and Draymond. Many have said they think Randle can be the Lakers version of Draymond although obviously he's a long way from that, but even more so these are two dog competitors. They're relentless and will really go at each other. I'm sure Draymond will try and get to the young Randle's head so hopefully he doesn't allow that to happen.

We saw how well the Lakers played in their final meeting with the Warriors in March and they played their best game of the year as a team. They absolutely hounded Steph and provided somewhat of a blue print for the entire NBA. They doubled and iced him, they swarmed him when he was on and off the ball, they bumped him, were physical, as well as switching on him. I'm looking forward to seeing that again.

Some other teams I'm looking forward to seeing of course is Boston. Obviously they added Horford an All Star in this league and have improved their team significantly. No matter what the faces are that rivalry will always be alive and well and fun to watch. The C Bags are an up coming team in the East and potentially a Conference Finals team although I fully expect them to get slaughtered by the Cavaliers, meanwhile the Lakers young core is trying to make their mark and earn some respect in the NBA.

Another one would be Minnesota. These would be the two top young cores in the NBA imo. The Wolves are certainly ahead because of the fact they have the best player between the two teams in Karl Anthony Towns and he is far ahead of anyone else right now. The Lakers are really just starting so there is obviously plenty of time to catch up. The Wolves added Kris Dunn to what was already a great core with Wiggins, Towns, and Zach Lavine. Dunn is obviously a tremendous player who just may win rookie of the year. Very complete player. Obviously we got Ingram so I'm interested to see him match up against Wiggins who has had a good start, but not spectacular start to his career like many thought he would.

So which teams are you looking forward to facing this coming season?

Purp n Gold likes this.
  2. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    I'm excited in general regardless but I think I'm most excited when we play the Warriors.

Lakers2015 likes this.
  3. Lakers2015

Yeah how could you not be excited? Ingram gets his Kobe/MJ moment with KD obviously not quite to that extent, but still getting to see him play against the guy he's argurably most like will be fun. Then of course just the fact that it's the Warriors and they are gonna be something we've never seen. Athletically we at least matchup with them somewhat although obviously they execute a lot better in the half court and have star power we nor nobody else has. I just wanna see our guys battle and not back down or be intimidated. The fact our young guys were around these same players on the select team and got to see their habits will only help.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I'm hoping and thinking our center rotation may be a weapon to be taken advantage of this year by a real smart coaching staff. Against many teams including the Warriors.

alam1108 and Lakers2015 like this.
  5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The first opponent!

6. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

I too am excited for the Lakers to TAKE DOWN the Warriors.

I am not delusional, I just root for my hometown team. Of course I know they are stacked. But that is the beauty of being a TRUE team fan in the today's NBA. While all the First Take wannabes on twitter will worry about the league-at-large... competitive balance, super teams and all that other useless sports talk fodder - we just have our guys. Put 5 guys in purple and gold out there and we got a chance. It's an NBA game, and they play the games for a reason. BRING EM ON!!!

:MozgovYell::JuliusPumped 1::Madsendance::IrelandPump::Kobejerseypull::Feelingyou:

7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Wow. Julius seems very excited there.

:Headbang:

9. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Golden State, SAS, Timberwolves, Philly, Boston...

10. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Only ever the C Bags.

11. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

All of them...I just want to see us play again. Golden State will be a story in itself of course but they are every team's measuring stick not just us.

For this vet...it will always be the same EVERY season. That team along the Eastern seaboard which I loathe. Loads of history for me with them all of it sheer dislike.

therealdeal and LTLakerFan like this.
  12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

portland and utah. other young teams that are projected to be WAY better than the lakers. i'm not sure the gap is that wide, and i'll be curious to find out.

raviator, SamsonMiodek and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Twolves for sure, they're on the same path as us but are much further ahead thanks to KAT, but overall their core is same age as ours and same type of players.

Alcindor and John3:16 like this.
  14. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    I'm looking forward to beating those guys again in the finals to get ring #17.

lakerjones, gcclaker and TIME like this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

One that we can beat.

alam1108, gcclaker and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. Lakers2015

Projected by who? BSPN? I put zero stock into what the Anti Lakers website has to say. I do think a couple of those teams probably will be better and they should because this is really the Lakers young core first season playing together, but I can't imagine them winning 25 games like BSPN thinks.

17. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    In professional sports, the beauty is that even great teams can lose to crap teams once in a while.

So any team can beat us and we can beat any time...its just a question of how likely it is.

18. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

There is only one team I NEED the Lakers to destroy in every encounter, and that's the C Bags.

Everybody else I just want to beat.

Juronimo likes this.
  19. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

All of them!

20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely - we beat the GS Warriors last season for example - during their record breaking NBA best ever regular season. Of course we only managed to win a franchise low 17 games last year.

We need to start to winning this season. In a big way. We need to come close to doubling our win output from last year. At least let's get 30 wins. I want to actually be a serious destination for a top tier free agent in the next couple/few years.