What Other Team Are You Excited For?

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by alam1108, Oct 5, 2014.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Besides Lakers, what other team are you excited to watch for this season?

I have my eyes on the Bulls, they look dangerous on paper and I want to see how well Pau and Rose do. Also will be watching Anthony Davis and Lillard play too, two of my favorite up and coming players.

lakerjones likes this.
  2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I really am anxious to see how the Knicks look with Derek and Phil at the helm now and knowing that they are really going to try and use the triangle. I think it will take some time but will be quite effective for them in the future.

I am also looking forward to see how the Bulls look with Rose back and all that front court depth with Noah, Pau, and Gibson.

3. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Yeah Anthony Davis is going to be a stud this year. I feel it

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Bulls. It's very easy to like that team with the amount of energy, heart, and hustle that Thibs asks out of his guys. Pau is there now, even if you find Noah annoying you have to respect his play, and Rose is fun to watch. I'll be rooting for them to come out of the East. I think this year is their best chance -- I envision it taking a season for Cleveland to click and for the young kids to grow up. If Rose is healthy all year, I see them as the favorites in the East.

lakerjones likes this.
  5. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Totally forgot about the Knicks situation, wonder how that is going to turn out. Wanna see how Melo embraces the triangle.

If Rose can stay healthy all year I can see the bulls coming out of the East. The interior duo of Noah and Pau is going to be great.

6. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

Daloyalfan18-Brandon - Rookie -

The Bulls and actually the Heat as well, mostly because I hope they can be a major roadblock for LeCavs.

7. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

If the Lakers don't win the Chip, I'd like to see how far the Spurs go. They've never won back-to-back in the Duncan/Pop era. I want to see the Bulls make the Finals. I think they are overdue. I'd love to see the Clips flame out in the Playoffs (against us).

8. BigDan24

BigDan24 - Rookie -

Definitely the Bulls with DRose comming back and of course the addition of Pau. And i'll keep an eye on the Knicks aka Lakers east as well.

9. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Bulls, Warriors and Pelicans.

10. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

I want to see what the Blazers, Bulls, and Pelicans can do this year. And curiosity will probably make me watch a Cavs game at least once.

11. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I don't get excited watching any other team, but I will be paying attention to the Knicks because of Fish / Phil, the Bulls because of Pau, and the Thunder to see if they finally figure it out this year.

I do NOT want the Spurs to win again and I will be switching my root against focus from the Heat to the Cavs.

lakerjones likes this.
  12. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Yup. Here's my list too which is what most of us said:

Obvious choices: Bulls, Knicks (Phil/Fish), Blazers, Cavs (want to see how they distribute the ball, if they play D. Want to see them struggle)

Less Obvious: CHARLOTTE Hornets, Suns, Heat, Nuggets

Not going to watch the Thunder until playoffs. They'll get my attention where they need to make it matter.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

definitely the hornets for me

nice to see that team back and i have a feeling they'll surprise a lot of people this season

14. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    I watch the Lakers.
    If Bynum plays, I'll watch him.
    If Durant's on and I have nothing else to do, I'll watch him.

15. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

Wizards. The addition of Wheelchair Pierce might be huge for them. With the way the East is shaping up, they have a real shot at making the finals. Only real competition is the Cavs, Heat, and Bulls. If everything is going right for them at the right time, I would say I could even see them winning the championship, as far-out as that may be. This all falls on how John Wall is leading the team.

Timberwolves. Potentially the most exciting team this season, I'm curious as to how Rubio will take over. Curious how Wiggins can do offensively, and how much impact Zach LaVine will have, if at all. Gorgiu Dieng (spelling?) should break out this year too. Regardless, they will be fun to watch.

16. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

My 2nd team has been the Wizards for like 8 years now. They signed Pierce, what his hard to swallow for me too^^ but yeah ... I hope they can challenge for the a top spot in the east this year.

Other than that I like the Bulls, Portland (Lillard is someone i really like to watch) and follow Dirk (as a german it's like the only thing in basketball worth watching over there).

17. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Chicago. It will be interesting to see how Gasol plays under Thibodeau's defensive schemes and how he meshes with Noah. They still need perimeter scoring at the three. I like Butler on that team.

lakerjones likes this.
  18. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes - Rookie -

Since I have been considering the cheaper NBA League Pass deal: Bulls, Thunder, Warriors, and I had really hard time coming up with the 4th (since the Lakers would be one). Perhaps either the Blazers, Knicks, or Spurs.

19. unpossibl1

unpossibl1 - Rookie -

Agreed, I don't want to see the Cavs win. LeBron is suddenly a hero when he once again ran away from a team when things got tough??? There is no way he returns to Cleveland if the NBA wasn't force feeding them #1 picks. If Kyrie was hurt or something and the Cavs had the #9 pick instead of #1 (and thus weren't able to deal for Love) then his "hometown loyalty" would be nonexistent.

Back on topic though, I'll watch the Mavs because they have been my #2 team for some time now. Some can't stand him bit I like Cuban. It's refreshing when an owner calls the league out on their crap. Of course Dirk is amazing too.

Realistically I watch just about every team, but top 5 outside the Lakers are Mavs, OKC, GS, PHX, and Orlando.

I catch Clippers games often but it just makes me feel dirty. They are so fired up to try to win a championship this season but I just can't get behind them, too many unlikeable characters.

Oh and Farmar looks like terrible in a Clippers jersey. Dude should have been bleeding purple and gold, really hope they have the kind of luck this year that we did last year. Same for Dwight and Houston...especially since we have their pick!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  20. Daniel Beltz

Daniel Beltz - Rookie -

Personally the Rockets for me. I just love watching Dwight get frustrated and Harden getting lost on D. Watching them lose in the playoffs was almost as enjoyable as seeing Heat fans after LeBron left.

alam1108 and thkthebest like this.