What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by GNC, Oct 6, 2014.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So who really killed Teresa? I hope they explore that much more this time around...

Did Brendan's brother and/or stepfather do it? Did Teresa's brother, roommate or ex-boyfriend do it?

I don't think the cops did it, but they had to contaminate and stage that crime scene. Its not like its never happened before.

#$36Mreasons

John3:16 likes this.
  2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    First off, that's a terrible trailer after watching the entire Part 2. The trailer making this sound so one sided and I feel like the first 1-2 episodes try to give the Halboch family some needed respect and care.

I watched all 10 episodes of the 2nd Season (Part 2) and if anyone had any doubt whether Steven committed this murder Part 2 clears that up. The amount of work Steven's lawyer Kathleen Zellner does is astounding. Not to just prove he's innocent but to figure out what really happened.

I also learned a lot about the justice department, the laws or reasons why lawyers for Steven and Brendan have to prove certain things or argue things differently that aren't just about common sense. For example, the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, also known as AEDPA is like dagger to the heart of any innocent person and their lawyers trying to overturn wrongful convictions (state's decisions).

I know this Act was passed due to the Oklahoma bombings but its literally a death sentence for so many people who need more review of their cases. Brendan's case is a perfect example of why this Act is so bad.

I also learned about brain fingerprinting which was something I never heard of and thought was interesting seeing Steven Avery take that test.

Also that Justice System in Wisconsin.... MY GOODNESS. The injustice of some of people in power or in law enforcement there. Just terrible

I highly recommend anyone watch Part 2 or the entire series if they haven't started already

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  3. vasashi17

@Battle Tested20 I've been looking forward to watching Part 2...I'll probably binge it later this week. Thanks for heads up...but still, does it breach who may have killed Teresa? I'm pretty convinced dude didn't do it...so that means the real killer is still out there. And just like his first false imprisonment, the real perpetrator continued to assault women.

#CatchingaMurderer

4. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    That's what's great about Part 2. This isn't just about trying to clear Steven Avery. Kathleen wants more than anyone it seems to figure out what really happened and she paints the picture of a few possible suspects who are close to the Avery family. Some of the stuff that comes out or she uncovers is bone chilling stuff. Gives me goose bumps just typing this out.

She has so much experience doing this, having already gotten 17 people exonerated. Watching her and her team's craft first hand is like watching Kobe dissect film, work on his craft.

If your someone who isn't even curious about the truth but wants an in depth look at what a lawyer and their team will does in their research to discover the truth its a fascinating case study. I think you'll really enjoy it despite how frustrating it seems due to the courts.

5. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Started watching Black Mirror for the first time after knowing nothing about it. Finished Season 1 last night and episode 3 (The Entire History of You) was my favorite from Season 1 even though that season is only 3 episodes long.

The show is great to watch with other people because it brings good discussion afterwards about the focus of the episode and what is it trying to warn us about or the lesson its trying to teach. I wasn't sure how I'd like that each episode is it's own thing, nothing overlapping from each one and I've liked that its that way.

I won't get into it very much here unless others who have seen episode 3 season 1 or remember it want to talk about it but I wouldn't want one of those grains implanted into my head despite the number of pros that would come with it (never forgetting where you put certain things). I would be someone who reflects on past memories too much instead of enjoying the present or what's to come. And not even in a negative way like that episode. I would really enjoy watching positive things from my past but you can't and shouldn't really live in those memories for too long.

You only get one life and you gotta go live it the best you can.

I just love how each episode, even if some are tough to watch make you think and feel things.

6. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Black Mirror is fantastic! Eventually everything will connect and tie together though, so pay attention to each episode for the payoff at the end of the latest season.

7. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Just finished season 2 and definitely know what you mean about noticing things from other episodes in that season. Even though each episode is different.

Barnstable likes this.
  8. vasashi17

Holy s***...I feel dirty watching this season and I'm not completely done with it yet. How could I have ever doubted Steve?

Law enforcement involvement is hard to deny here! Steve, why you didn't move out of the county, before you attempted to sue them is beyond me.

Note to self: don't f*** with any federal official if you ever live in Wisconsin...jeezus.

When it comes to Brendan Dassey, the judicial system is a an entire construct to give you the bird in the end. Justice is blind??? More like justice blindfolds you before she takes you over a barrel. How do you get so close to getting released, where a judge actually submits a deadline for your release only to remain locked up for nearly a year after the fact with nearly all your options exhausted for a potential release. Wtf!?

It all falls on Zellner now to get these 2 out... And lock up the real violators Bobby and Teresa's ex. They both guilty AF and Brendan is probably covering for his brother tbh. Cold world...

alam1108 and Battle Tested20 like this.
  9. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    No matter what happens especially if Steve and Brendan get out that family will never be happy. Teresa will go ape s*** crazy when her boyfriend becomes part of it.

It's so disheartening to know that the Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 when that went into affect was basically a nail in the coffin of so many people like Brendan and how hard it its to prove his case.

All the power to Zellner though, I follow her on twitter and she is really going on the offensive and doing every single thing possible. I don't know how much more you have to go to finish the 2nd season but stick with it. It's real tough... and frustrating

10. vasashi17

Almost done with it...probably binge the rest this weekend. But frustrating isn't that strong of a word...and I'm the one that isn't locked up. I can't even imagine what those dudes are going through psychologically...yikes!

Anyways I saw this and thought to myself, maybe Avery gives us a visit one of these days (uh years...uh millennia).

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  11. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    It's really unprecedented and unimaginable how someone could be to be wrongly convicted 2 times in their life. Like WTF....

On a lighter note, that's real cool that the innocence project brought those people to the game and gave them inside look to the team and coaches.

IE Lakers likes this.
  12. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I finished Haunting on Hill House last month. Great story, awesome suspenseful moments, great horror/thriller series.

Barnstable likes this.
  13. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I finished the new Sabrina the teenage witch reboot on Netflix. It’s surprisingly good. Not the best written, but they do a great job with the special effects, and there isn’t anything glaringly wrong with it.

It gets a solid B from me

14. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Just started watching Breaking Bad for the first time. I'm two and half episodes in so far and am enjoying it.

Unfortunately a few months back after not being spoiled by anything on the show all these years I may have been spoiled by what happens to Walter White at the end of the show (ughhhh... frustrating). But hopefully I'm wrong and am just remembering what I heard wrong (please don't mention it).

Barnstable likes this.
  15. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I am SO envious. What I would give to do Breaking Bad again... but for the first time.

John3:16 and Helljumper like this.
  16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Yeah, when he turned to prostitution that was wild. Last guy you’d think to have full body tattoos. I still can’t figure out how they did that for the show. Crazy stuff.

John3:16, D-Fish Man and Kenzo like this.
  17. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I finished it a few weeks ago and the ending I didn't really like but the process to get their and the creativity by the directors/writer(s) was great. I enjoyed the show but it's not a top show of all time for me.

I will say that I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more watching it live with other fans/the rest of the world and not knowing the end results.

John3:16 likes this.
  18. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

3 episodes in for True Detective Season 3 and I’m hooked. Loved season 1, heard the 2nd season was a little weak so I didn’t watch, but season 3 is great so far. Mahershala Ali is a phenomenal actor and brings his A game here as expected. I almost wish i waited until the season finished so I could binge it all at once.

trodgers and John3:16 like this.
  19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I’m watching Person of Interest again after it reappeared on Netflix. Really enjoyed that one.

trodgers likes this.
  20. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Just started watching the show Billions and I love it! Paul Giamatti has always been one of the actors I've quietly appreciated a ton and love his work. I've heard great things from the show and am really into it so far. I'm on episode 8 of season 1. I like the soundtrack of the show too. Reminds me a ton of the soundtrack used in the movie, The Social Network.