To Serve And Protect

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by Barnstable, Nov 25, 2014.

1. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    More info on the attack. They held him for 24 to 48 hours. He was tied up for 5 hours (beaten, mocked, threatened). His parents received a text asking for some type of ransom. When he was found, he was in shorts and tank top (in the cold Chicago winter), bloody and disoriented, walking down the street in such a way that the police knew something was wrong.

During the attack, the noise was so loud a downstairs neighbor complained and the 2 male attackers kicked in the neighbors door. That's when the victim was able to run out.

"I don't think this was evil."
    - Don Lemon of CNN

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I saw that segment by Don Lemon. CNN needs to fire him. To say it's not evil and blame the parents? No. And then we have the one lady in the segment saying we may not want to jump to conclusions that this is a hate crime. Dude. This is the definition of a hate crime. Just reverse the scenario and have 4 white kids abusing a disabled black boy and have him say the opposite towards black people and Obama or something. It would take all of 2 seconds to classify it as a hate crime. Here's the Don Lemon segment if interested. His "not evil" comment comes at about 3:25, but I'd watch the first lady talk as she's just about as infuriating.

thkthebest, Barnstable and John3:16 like this.
  3. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^^ one or two of them are adults. Past the point of blaming the parents. I'm confident they were taught, somewhere along the way, that stealing a van, kidnapping a mentally handicapped person, demanding ransom, beating, taunting, threatening, cutting, and making someone drink out of a toilet was wrong. And if they didn't learn any of that, I'm sure that Facebook told them not to live stream crimes.

Even the girl filming had a younger sister commenting that it wasn't cool and to stop.

Don Lemon should be fired.

thkthebest and Barnstable like this.
  4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I couldn't watch much. Despicable

5. Barnstable

This doesn't have to do with the police, but relates to those pieces of s*** that kidnapped and tortured that disabled white kid. About a year ago a group of white teens attacked and sodomized a black mentally disabled kid with a coat hangar causing rectal damage, and it seems this a****** is just going to get community service:

6. Savory Griddles

What the hell? How is that possible? Did he roll on the other 2 dudes and take a plea deal or something? I mean, how connected is the kid? How good at athletics is he? And the judge said he doesn't deserve to be treated like a sex offender? Why? If the kid would have shoved a foreign object up a girl's rear end, he would have certainly been labeled a sex offender. Was it just too violent or something that it ceased to be "rape" or something sexual?

I will say that part of the increased outrage with the black kids doing it to the white kid as opposed to this one is it was done on video where everyone SAW it. I'm in no way denying there is a racial aspect to this, but it's like the Ray Rice vs Greg Hardy situation. Greg Hardy absolutely annihilated his girl. Ray Rice through a punch, but that punch was caught on video so he became the poster child for domestic abuse. I have a feeling that if those kids would have been dumb enough to post the coat hanger thing on Facebook, there's no way he gets off with community service.

John3:16 and Barnstable like this.
  7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm shocked at how little coverage these incidents have gotten. Specifically the one that just happened though because it literally just happened. It happened live for everyone to see, literally, and yet these sorts of things are swept under the rug. The media never ceases to disgust me.

8. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    :MitchQFT:

9. Savory Griddles

Wag the dog.

John3:16 likes this.
  10. Barnstable

Meant to post this a while ago.

thkthebest and revgen like this.
  11. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

man i watched that body cam footage and that cop needs to be fired, that was crazy. He starts the fight with the mom, the daughter tries to back mom up and he just startes arresting people... thats crazy

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    thkthebest likes this.
  12. Barnstable

I can't even watch that full video.

Yes that is f***ing racist, he would never do that if the races were reversed.

Just disgusting

thkthebest and Kingsama like this.
  13. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

It's crazy how he just walks up to the guy ignoring the mom, then tells the mom that the neighbor has a right to felony assault a child for littering...

In Texas assault charges can be pressed if the victim says they feel pain, has signs such as marks, or even if they say they felt threatened by the contact. Assault causes bodily injury can be a misdomeaner b or a, but can be enhanced by a number of things including attempts to cut off air OR is the victim is under 13 AND the alleged perpetrator is 17 or older which makes in a felony, I think felony 3 but might be 2... I honestly can't remember.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

thkthebest and Barnstable like this.
  14. therealdeal

That's an older case isn't it? What brought it back?

John3:16 likes this.
  15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

It happened maybe a month ago or so, officers body cam was released today. The Fort Worth Chief suspended the officer but acted like it wasn't that big a deal.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

thkthebest likes this.
  16. therealdeal

Got it. Interesting. I honestly did not connect the original video with race. I thought it was just an a**hole cop, but it looks worse the second time around.

thkthebest likes this.
  17. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    Body cam indicates an a-hole cop who will be disciplined. I still don't see anything that indicates this was racist in nature.

I've been in these types of situations tons of times, ya gotta bite your tongue and walk away from it. If you can't handle it, get another cop over there and handle it, don't make the situation worst...

That litter comment by the cop.... he really shouldn't have said that, wouldn't have escalated the way it did.

18. Barnstable

Ok I'm open to listen. Why did he go to the white guy passing up the rest of the black people standing there?

Also, racist is just a specific type of a******. If I meet someone and they are rude, seem to talk down to their wife, hit their kids, whatever their type of a******, I wouldn't be surprised if they were racist too. Why is racist in a different catagory for you from all the other a****** qualities?

thkthebest and Kingsama like this.
  19. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Davriver, I like you and respect the job you do and give leeway to your opinion in these matters because of your interactions on a daily basis, but I just can't understand how you don't view this as racism. Clear cut IMO

20. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I agree with John.

He bypasses the family that made the call, calmly discusses the issue with the alleged perpetrator(which is a good thing), but then turns to the family and starts treating them like they are the real problem and that a grown man who is unknown to the family grabbing a child about the neck is not just a legal reaction to littering, but a sensible and just one too. He clearly treats the two parties different, and the reason seems to be race.

While some of the reactive behavior from the family is both distasteful and the language used I find to be appalling, I can't fault the mother for being supremely upset when the police officer arrives and treats her like the problem. Her son may have been assaulted by a grown man and the police officers reaction is to blame her and justify it. "Well if you keep yelling at me your gonna piss me off and I'm gonna take you to jail". He then continues to be disrespectful and challenging to the family and HE escalates the situation. Then as the daughter tries to separate her mother from the situation he decides its time to start arresting people. For what? he states resisting arrest or interfering with the investigation? HOW? Dude just wanted to arrest them... for no reason... no PC, no nothing. THEN after arresting mom and daughter, he arrests another person because she is saying things he doesn't like and recording the video.

Bottom line is he was completely out of line, he ignored the law, he arrested folks for no reason, and in the he never addressed the issue he was called out to investigate. Maybe the man assaulted the child by contact, maybe it was a MC or a felony, maybe nothing happened, but that was never looked at because he ends up arresting people for "pissing me off".

thkthebest, Barnstable and John3:16 like this.