The Walking Dead: No Brainer (37)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Doc Brown, Oct 12, 2014.

1. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Off topic, but trash lady is in Hap and Leonard, a pretty good miniseries in Netflix.

2. DOAKLEY8

DOAKLEY8 - Rookie -

There's actual footage of the "2 ton" Cat Shiva

[​IMG]

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's amazing.

4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Tigers are my fav cats by faaaaar so i was more than happy to finally see some "stripes" action :D

5. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

6. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I may have asked this already, but what is the general consensus on the second half of last season?

I slowly was losing interest through the first half so only ended up watching the first episode of the second half.

Does anything significant happen that is worth watching or would I be better off just skipping it and just start up Season 8 when it comes out?

7. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

The finale was pretty f'ing rad. So, it would be worth it to watch the handful of slower episodes to get the context of the finale.

therealdeal likes this.
  8. therealdeal

I'm still into the show. It's just becoming more and more formulaic and they spent way, way, way too long beefing up this Negan story line. I know it's iconic and whatnot, but there's been too much time passing without the story progressing.

This upcoming season should be great with Negan finally coming to a head. The tease at the end was great. There's only two more stories I want to see and that means at most three more seasons, but preferably just two.

9. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

The previews are always cool.

alam1108 likes this.
  10. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Just marathonned through 7B and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Main issue in retrospect is how a lot of the season was them trying to get guns for the trash people. We knew nothing about them. Didn't make much sense for the group to trust them so much. I still didn't see the betrayal coming but I guess it had to happen. If they did stay aligned with Rick's group, it almost seems like they'd have too much of an advantage against Negan's group.

Gonna be fun seeing Alexandria/Hilltop/The Kingdom finally team up to go to war with Negan.

11. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

Negan is still a cartoon character that I can't take seriously. The way the trash people (I'm glad that name stuck :)) betrayed them was super telegraphed but only for for the 20 min leading up to it. Because before this year, we didn't know about them. I'm just waiting for someone to kill Negan and the most bad in his crew. A bunch of red shirts, a couple medium and heavy main will die, so the show can still make us believe that Rick, Carl, Maggie, Michonne and Darryl are somehow in real danger. Finally a group worse than Negan with come take over.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  12. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

Did anyone really think Rick was going to die? The dream sequence was the lamest of fake outs.

I hope this Negan saga isn't going to drag on. It's just a matter of who dies and what kind of balls the producers will let go.

If Negan takes one more hostage and doesn't kill them, I'm going to kill him myself.

13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Ah my bittersweet relationship with this show continues. I love seeing these characters back but totally wasn't digging the constant flash forward/flash back sequences.

I hope the do All Out War justice because it's my favorite storyline from the comics.

14. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

They are getting a little too artsy. I don't mind the show delving into man and no/basic development issues but at the end of the day they're The Last of Us with zombies.

15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Negan coming out like an idiot with another speech. Should get a bullet between the eyes... show done

16. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

I thought he had Rick and co trapped. He's pretty much been 1 step ahead the whole time. I would be pissed if did it again.

It's a good thing Dwight and Eugene didn't get shot.

17. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

Is this show still worth watching? I think I stopped after Season 7 Ep 8 and honestly haven't found myself missing it much

18. therealdeal

It was a solid opener. They actually covered quite a bit. I have a feeling they're going to stretch out now between Negan's comeuppance and the next storyline.

The only part I didn't really need was the artistic timeline jumping. I'm good. Show more stuff blowing up and zombies attacking.

19. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

I think they are at their best when they can find a happy medium. The former is a show too high on itself, is trying to be too deep for it's subject matter. The latter, and realdeal is proposing, is a Micheal Bay production lol. Zombies and big booms.

20. therealdeal

Not at all. My favorite part of Walking Dead was the first season which was very artfully done.

I'm saying don't give me a half measure of each because it didn't mesh well at all. Don't give me the sweet flashbacks or forwards or whatever and then also try to give me chaotic explosions. Those two things can mesh, but these editors didn't do the job well so it wasn't worth it to me. Since the artistic stuff wasn't landing, I'd have preferred a more detailed look into the group taking out Negan's outposts. Those outposts were the main baddies for a full season and they were handled with military precision in a montage over about 3 minutes.

TIME and MonsterMash32 like this.