The Official Mma/ufc Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by Barnstable, Oct 5, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I mean anybody else at all. The guy is a fraud and I can't imagine why she is so loyal to him. That guy has shortened what should have been a longer career. At this point, I think it's just prudent to let it go for Ronda. Just go into acting or commentating or something.

2. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I don't know if retirement is necessary, but if she doesn't get around some healthy people and a good camp it is the best option. She needs her whole lifestyle changed. It seems that Edmond is as equally un-healthy as she is with his rants and immature behavior. If she really loves the sport she has to get rooted somewhere, if she doesn't, I completely agree its time to hang em up.

3. therealdeal

I just feel like there's not much left for her to gain. She's now lost twice in embarrassing fashion and while I'd love for her to have a renaissance, I just don't see the fight in her anymore. She's Rocky after he gets knocked out by Clubber Lang. Is there an Apollo somewhere to help her? Meisha Tate maybe? I don't know.

4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

5. therealdeal

It was sad seeing BJ get his head kicked in... Must have been collecting a paycheck like Rousey.

TIME and Barnstable like this.
  6. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

It goes back to how much fire she has... As an athlete the idea of going out like that would eat at me for the rest of my life in the worst way possible. Unless I lost my drive/love for the sport. I think with MMA that fire has to burn hotter than most other sports due to the huge amount of effort it takes to train. It seems like her fire is gone and if so she needs to hang em up... If it hasn't she needs to take Bones and Mayweather up on their offers to help her train and call and see what Freddie Roach is doing these days.

I didn't watch for that very reason. The game has changed and BJ was done years ago, just like Hughes. At some point the body and mind just wont let ya compete and whether you like it or not its time to retire.

In other news the Baldfather offered Mayweather 25m plus PPV % to fight Conner. He made some great points about Conor actually being the bigger draw, PPV numbers don't lie, and While May v Pac was crazy his other three fights since '13 are not as big as what Conor has done this year. In fact Conor has already eclipsed numbers put up by GSP, Brock, and Ronda. If I remember correctly he has more PPV buys this year that the rest of the UFC PPVs combined, not hard to believe with the crap cards they put out at times. But I digress... fact is in a boxing match PBF should walk not through, but dance around Conor no problem. PBF is the great defensive boxer off all time and Conor I think would have problems connecting. BUT old man Mosley almost put PBF down, and I would probably watch to see what would happen if Conor's left hand happen to land a couple times... Again it should be a walk in the Park, but Conor hits so hard I would probably pay just for a what if. If Dana stacked the card like he said he would it could be a mountain of PPV buys...

Vid for reference.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-floyd-mayweather-fight-conor-mcgregor-011317

therealdeal and TIME like this.
  7. Barnstable

Mayweather is 40 and hasn't fought in 2 years. He might be the best defensive boxer ever, but fathertime is undefeated.

I'd be pretty surprised if he could beat Connor actually. Connor is very good at judging distances and such when he has to worry about kicks and takedowns. I can only imagine what his game would be without having to worry about all that. Plus Connor is really big compared to Mayweather, but no so big that he'd have a hard time matching speed.

8. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I am not sold on Conor's boxing being that good in terms of the rule set of boxing, but I do know this if Conor touches him with the left PBF could be looking like Moorer after Big George touched him.

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  9. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    That Mexican kid who did the kicking looks like he might be special.

10. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

The UFC has a long history of feeding legends to who they think will be the next big thing. Part of me feels like its a bit shady, but part of me feeling like it is fitting for a legend to fight the next generation of greats and lose, then ink out a victory to a chump... better to go out with a bang then slowly smolder out.

In other news Holyfield said he would fight Conor at 54 yrs old. In the end I think that would be terrifying to watch as even with a huge size advantage Conor would hurt the old broken Holyfield...

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  11. therealdeal

Jesus Holyfield needs pills if he thinks that's a good idea.

I think Conor loses a boxing match. Not because he can't trade with Mayweather, but because Mayweather wouldn't let him connect enough. It'd turn into the same boring old fight that Mayweather enjoys and he'd land a few and then just stay away for 2-3 rounds or whatever the exhibition would be. It'd be disappointing. Of course I think at this stage Conor hits harder, but he's not as technical as Floyd and I have a hard time thinking he could win a straight boxing match.

Anything other than boxing and Mayweather is out like a light in 90 seconds.

12. Barnstable

13. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Omg hilarious

Barnstable and Kenzo like this.
  14. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

"fake" fight for tourists but still pretty cool

Barnstable likes this.
  15. Barnstable

Don't know who she is, but I'm going to have to find out lol

EDIT: Is anyone else seeing this video cut in half?

16. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Angela Hill. She's a big gamer.

Barnstable likes this.
  17. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

That may have something to do with it.

18. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

So GSP vs Bisbing for the strap...

If GSP is still ready to roll he will win by decision

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Barnstable likes this.
  19. Barnstable

I'm just happy to have GSP coming back. I want to see if he's anywhere near what he use to be. Joe Rogan says GSP doesn't get out of shape, and keeps on practicing, so im hoping he can come back and be great. GSP is still one of my favorites

20. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Exactly, from.what I have read/heard GSP still trains almost full time and stays in the gym. His retirement was about mental exhaustion from loving in the public eye and having to make weight and be champ forever. He could be better at 185 who knows.

LOL so at the press conference, Bisbing said the GSP is just and athlete and he is a real fighter...GSP is easy a top 5 all time MMA fighter... Bis is smoking dat good stuff.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Barnstable likes this.