The Most Currently Up To Date Projected '18 Lakers Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Agree to disagree. :D I don't think Lopez adds many wins, if any, and I don't think so highly of Ball as to suggest he adds 9-14 more wins than Russell in his 2nd year could get us to. To me to suggest Ball will be immediately so good he has that big of an impact over Russell is not realistic to me. I do agree with real that the "growth" factor matters though. I would certainly hope for if not expect improved play from Ingram, Zubac, and Randle.

Barnstable and ElginTheGreat like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I didn't say 9-14 wins? :KobeConfused:

All I'm suggesting is 4 wins. We were tanking a third of the year and lost more than 20 close games. If we can't turn around just 4 wins just based on player growth, then we should be fine trading any of these kids.

Toklat likes this.
  3. Weezy

No, I was replying to KRL in the first half of my post, while agreeing to disagree with both of you at the same time. I could have made that clearer. The grown factor was the only part I was addressing you about. Aside from that, we can just agree to disagree. So many hypotheticals right now, we have no clue what our final roster looks like next season. About the one you listed only though, yeah, we don't agree on win total.

4. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Lonzo Ball immediately makes the Lakers better. I do think we win more games with him because of his ability to share the basketball, initate the offense, make plays in transition, and really just being a natural point guard.

Realistically production wise do the Lakers get worse going from Russell to Lopez? They don't. Lopez averaged 20 ppg last year albeit on a terrible team, but Russell only averaged 15 ppg in the same situation. Lopez isn't good defensively, but neither is Russell. He should improve spacing and will definitely add a low post threat they've missed since Bynum was here.

Then you add in the fact that Brandon Ingram and Ivica Zubac are gonna improve and develop and as of right now without any other moves I'm with real deal that the Lakers would be a better basketball team in 2017-2018. Probably win around 30 games.

Ryanwestlombardi likes this.
  5. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Factor in some close games and "tanking" with the benching and I'm thinking 35-40 games. Not a crazy stretch!

6. therealdeal

Why?

7. Weezy

Because we don't. :D I thought I stated my reasons already. It's all guessing at this point, I'm fine to agree to disagree. Remember though, I won our total wins poll last season, was only off by .5 wins. ;)

Barnstable and therealdeal like this.
  8. therealdeal

:D

That's fine I was just curious. I thought I made some well reasoned arguments and all I got was
    [​IMG]

Weezy likes this.
  9. Weezy

Lol, no your point were well taken and I genuinely hope you're right and I'm wrong. It's just really hot and I don't feel great today and didn't feel like arguing over a 4 game difference of opinion ha ha.

therealdeal likes this.
  10. therealdeal

Gotcha. No sweat. Well some sweat. Hopefully the AC is working for you.

11. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Lopez "lead" the Nets to end up being one of two teams with less wins than us. If we don't add George, I think we win about the same amount of games as this year. Maybe a couple less since Ball will endure the same early struggles most point guards go through.

Weezy likes this.
  12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

With Russ gone, I'd like to add a veteran ball handler to help Ball through some rookie growing pains. Ideally Shaun Livingston if he leaves GSW.

13. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    That was a projected lineup where things stand now... Obviously were not done. And if indy gets greedy well bring in 3 first rounders in the draft and improve as much as possible for George+ some in 2018.

14. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Quickly to summarize as I'm at work:

- We also started the year 10-10 and finished the season in the last six games 5-1, so from the remaining 56 games we went 11-45 which is absolutely awful.
    - 13 of our wins were within 10pts or less, which could obviously swing either way next year.
    - We would have to stay injury free all season.
    - Can't disagree that hopefully all those players come back better.

15. SFGOLDRUSHER

Master Optimist.
    Learning the system fully can make a nice boost in performance. Not to mention the youth and the year to year improvements.

So Nicky blew a chance to get a nice lil shooting role..maybe this means he knows some boys will come in and thats no guarantee lol.

Clarkson/Ennis
    Ingram/Nwaba
    Deng/Robinson
    Randle/Nance
    Lopez/Zu/Black

*Current depth chart before the draft if they had to play today ;)

16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    slap to the head for including Deng in the starting line up

Ryanwestlombardi and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

That would be a great pickup. Probably the best backup point guard in the NBA.

18. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

So....

how's our 3pt shooting going to be? Just looking at the potential starting line-up:

Let's do some speculation for Ball, first. He was 41% in college. So, what is the rise or drop in 3pt% for good 3pt shooting rookie pgs from college to the NBA?
    College/NBA
    DAR: 41/35
    Curry: 41/44
    Kyrie: 46/40
    Lillard: 39/37
    Ball: 41/?
    Hmmm... what are some guesses here? He's got that serious Curry-like range, but he doesn't have the quickness or insane handles to get separation, instead relying on a long fade-away shot. I'm going to say he's in the 36-38% range. (I'll post this in the draft Ball thread as well.)

So, back to the our starting line-up.

Ball: 36-38%
    Clarkson 33% (Let's hope we get PG and his 39%)
    Ingram 29% (I have confident hopes he's going to jump to around 35%)
    Randle 27% (I think he'll improve to the 32-33% range)
    Lopez 35%

No wonder we're targeting snipers via the draft. The question is, whom and how? If we keep the 27,28, who's good there? Do we package those for a pick in the late teens? Who's there? If we trade 27,8 and Clarkson/Randle for PG, do we make another trade for a pick in the teens?

19. therealdeal

Our shooting will be a legit concern. Part of what excited me about Ball was having two guys probably in the 35-38% range from distance on the outside with potential to improve that number. Right now our best shooters are Ball and Lopez and we don't even have Ball yet. Ingram and Randle (assuming Randle stays) need to improve to 30-33% and they need to shoot a decent volume as well. Clarkson I think will probably stay near the same.

Late in the draft there won't be many wing shooters probably. Derrick White is a solid candidate (40.1% in college) as an older guard. We should hope OG Anunoby or Semi Ojeleye falls, OG shot 30% and Ojeleye 40% in college. We should hope one of the shooting bigs falls to us: DJ Wilson (37%), Kuzma (32%), Lydon (39%), or I seriously doubt it but TJ Leaf (46%). Jawun Evans plummeted down draft boards late which is a bad sign but he shot 37% from deep. Frank Jackson is an intersting young combo guard who shot 39% from deep. Wesley Iwundu and Dillon Brooks are possible, they shot 37% and 40% respectively.

Punk-101 likes this.
  20. SFGOLDRUSHER

Master Optimist.
    Does everyone forget how Curry was coming out of college besides a good shooter? Dude looked like he had barely enough athleticism to go to the NBA.

NOW for the past several years he's like a whole different dude with those quick twitch muscles that obviously he worked on insanely.