Stranger Things

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Barnstable, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Ok, this show deserves its own thread like GoT.

The new trailer is out for season 2 and it looks amazing!!

OmarE, Kenzo, John3:16 and 3 others like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I love this show and it looks like they're about to come through again. Damn.

Kenzo, John3:16 and Barnstable like this.
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Chills man! Looks awesome, love the Halloween theme, and Thriller makes everything cooler. But yes, this show does deserve its own thread, I friggin loved season 1, I've rewatched it multiple times. I don't know if it's the writing, or the quality of young actors coming out, or both, but this is like the best time for child actors I've seen in a long time. From this, Logan, new planet of the Apes, the IT trailers I've seen, and some other stuff here and there where the kids didn't ruin the movies like usual. This entire case is fantastic though, and it looks like they've added to it as well, saw Sean Astin there, can't wait for this.

OmarE, Kenzo, John3:16 and 2 others like this.
  4. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

The show is just quality from top to bottom. Even the trailer is better than most movies or TV shows period. Also glad to see Eleven is back.

5. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    This show nails the 80s. ET, Goonies, Stand By Me and Poltergeist all rolled into one epic series.

I think this series will stand the test of time and we'll enjoy it decades from now.

raviator, Kenzo, Barnstable and 2 others like this.
  6. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Didn't realize it until someone pointed it out but it's even got Sean Astin from Goonies lore.

Barnstable likes this.
  7. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Can. Not. Wait.

8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Looks fantastic.

9. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Just finished the game and saw a cool trailer as a reward. Pumped :D

10. Barnstable

Man I'm so excited!!

I think a friend hasn't seen it yet, so I'm going to force him to come over and binge watch season 1 with me before season 2

raviator, therealdeal and John3:16 like this.
  11. Weezy

Looks freakin awesome. If you told me that was a big budget movie coming to theaters I’d believe you. That it’s a a Netflix show we get like 5 seasons of rules.

raviator and Barnstable like this.
  12. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Just read the creators actually wanted to do the “It” movie but were turned down. So as an alternative they created this series inspired by the works of Steven King and other similar genres. Kind of worked out in the end. Get a pretty decent movie (from what I’ve heard) and an awesome Netflix series.

SamsonMiodek and Barnstable like this.
  13. Barnstable

IT had a very Stranger things vibe to it, but it wasn't done as well (even though IT was pretty good IMO).

The Stranger Things show runners would have made IT so much better

raviator and John3:16 like this.
  14. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    This is so cool. I haven't bought a BluRay in a LONG time, but I may buy this just for the coolness factor.

raviator and Savory Griddles like this.
  15. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

That is too cool! Will definitely be getting one.

John3:16 likes this.
  16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Just finished the second season... WOW. As great as the first one, can't wait for more.

This Dustin kid is killing me

raviator and Savory Griddles like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think the season was as good as the first, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much due to the fact that the newness and freshness wasn't there. But that's not their fault. It would literally be impossible to recreate it. So I wasn't expecting to have that, "This is so refreshing" feel. It's kind of like Guardians of the Galaxy. Guardians 2 was great, but it will never surprise you like Guardians 1 did.

The only thing I question is Episode 7. I get why they had to have that happen, but the fact that it took place entirely there was weird and took me out of the world they created a bit. Glad someone else finished it. I've been done since last weekend. Haha.

18. Weezy

I finished it days ago, I just haven’t brought it up because it feels like the vast majority of the internet is nitpicking it to death. “Not as fresh, trying to hard to follow the same formula, too much 80’s references, bad writing, slow pacing, episode 7 is garbage, etc”.

Personally, I loved it, gave me those same awesome chills, and each episode ending made you immediately want to watch the next one. I like some risks they took like episode 7, and while I didn’t love it, it really broke up the main story, felt fresh, and gave Eleven room to grow. I did actually like them exploring outside of Hawkins and letting Eleven see the larger world and learn what matters to her, even if most of the other characters in that episode were lame. Does this season have flaws? Sure, I didn’t like how some characters were handed, Finn had almost zero to do, Dustin did some idiotic things, the story wasn’t as tight as season 1 and there were probably too many characters and some got a little lost.

On the positive side of the changes, Will got the screen time Finn got last time, and the kid who played him got a chance to shine. And while there were maybe too many characters, I liked the new ones, Bob was great, Max was great, Billy was decent, Paul Reiser played basically his same role from Aliens, good stuff. The way I look at it these are like movies, this is chapter 2. Yeah, some characters didn’t get enough time together, or story, but this is one big story and this is just one chapter. Watch season 1 and 2 together and they flow. And I image in the future when we watch seasons 1-4 (or 5?) it will all fit together, and a lot of the nitpicking of season 2 will be gone. It’s kind of like Star Wars to me, you’re not going to judge the entire thing after Empire. But again, I loved it, I’ll be watcing it through again soon, I liked the ending, just like season 1, happy yet foreboding as well.

Helljumper, raviator and Kenzo like this.
  19. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Just finished part 2 or season 2 however you look at it. Loved it just as much as season 1. Very heavy on the 80s references early on from the commercials to the game shows, tv shows and what not. And yet another epic season ending episode.
    The one thing I kind of was disappointed in was the fact that the shadow monster wasn’t really fleshed out enough. It’s like you knew it was there based on what was happening but I was kind of hoping it would come out of hiding so to speak, rear its ugly head more than what was shown. And what is it exactly? Where did it come from? Based on finale it’s still alive so hopefully season three addresses those questions.

Helljumper likes this.
  20. Weezy

This looks rad. Love the actual look too, the 80’s colors and style, the actual video quality, it looks like the budget has been upped

raviator and Kenzo like this.