Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

Being a Star Wars is like being a Knick fan without all the losing. Lucas was incompetent and now the roster gets constantly turned over for random reasons under Kennedy.

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Ron Howard has been hired to replace Lego Dudes.

http://screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-director-ron-howard/

I get firing the Lego Dudes if they were shooting it in the same style as 21 Jump Street. But why this late in the game? Didn't the dailies show that they were lingering on someone's reaction a little too long or weird close ups of something for comedic effect? I mean, is Glover's portrayal of Lando coming off as Troy Barnes imitating Lando?

therealdeal likes this.
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Ron Howard is fine, but..boring? Can easily see why he was brought on, stable established guy, will follow orders. Not thrilled that Disney is running Star Wars so similar to Marvel, here's hoping at least Rian Johnson was allowed to get a little weird with Episode 8. Empire Strikes back is weird and different compared to New Hope, and that's a great thing, it was not safe in its time.

4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Ron Howard changes the narrative that's why he was brought on.

He's got clout, he's got the track record, and he's obviously a talented guy. I think it's basically the only move that they had out there if they were releasing the other two.

I'm with Savory though it shouldn't have taken this long to get it.

Weezy likes this.
  5. Weezy

Savory Griddles likes this.
  6. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

7. Weezy

Uh, it's one of the most trusted SW news sites out there if not the most, Collider Jedi Council references it weekly. But I mean you don't have to trust the source, it's an article I shared that I thought was good and pretty on top of the situation.

8. Savory Griddles

This makes a lot of sense actually. I could see the thing getting a little out of control. Like when you're hanging out with your buddies and the jokes keep getting more and more absurd, but you're laughing harder and harder. Seems like the movie just got away from the Lego Dudes. I do NOT want a "zany" Han Solo movie either. It has to be a little somber because now we know how Han Solo's story ends. You can't make it a screwball comedy now that we know that the dude ends his life estranged from his wife and with his son (a mass murdering psychopath) killing him in a moment when Han thinks he's going to get a hug from him. They said there were problems with the action set pieces. I'm picturing the parts in Attack of the Clones where R2D2 and C3PO are going through the droid factory.

Still, someone should have seen how this was going earlier. How are they just now watching the thing with some of the scenes cut together? I wonder how much of it will be reshot? That story made it sound like they are going to reshoot a ton of it. If that's the case, I hope they push it back to December (or November like the article suggested).

9. Savory Griddles

Yeah. They aren't right 100% of the time, but they are probably the best Star Wars news and rumors site on the internet. They have gotten waaaay to many stories right for them not to have deep connections at Lucasfilm.

10. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

Who knows? Look at what happened with the Rogue One. There was a Reddit leaker who was proven false, could had been a false flag distraction. My bet it was a false flag. Watching movie it's obvious it had been shodily put together and i think 40% was reshot. disney PR can bury you.

What did they get right?

11. therealdeal

12. Savory Griddles

Is it too late to film this really quick and have it replace the Han Solo movie?

13. Weezy

This news has to come to the surprise of no one. Also, Evan has to be involved. He's said he wants to do it, he's the right age, and he played Obi-Wan for as many movies as Guinness. He is as much Obi-Wan as anyone else to me. This is also a movie I'd want to see more than Han Solo, because Ford IS that character. It can't be an Obi-Wan movie though, he has to go by Ben or Kenobi, can't mess with that canon.

14. therealdeal

I just wonder what story is there to be told? The comics have sort of touched on some of what he's been up to and it's pretty boring (by movie standards).

A couple buddies and I hypothesized maybe an Eastwood-type Western set on Tatooine?

Weezy likes this.
  15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

My money is Ewan is dead in the middle of it and that they waited for Rebels to wrap up while protecting all sorts of story material at the same time. Everyone knew this was coming and that it's gonna be great.

I hope the title is something like Old Ben

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Weezy likes this.
  16. Weezy

I think it could absolutely be a western type. They have covered SOME of this time yes, but he's alone in the desert for 20 years, that's a lot of time to work with. I'd speculate it's him protecting Luke in some way, or he could go off planet for something important. I don't believe they have said he never left Tatooine for a short time. I'm honestly just excited to see Ewan get a chance to play the character outside of the prequels. To work with a good script, a good story, other good actors. He was probably the best thing about the prequels, those to me are his movies and he had so little to work with. Given what Disney has shown us with 7 and Rogue One, he could be fantastic.

therealdeal likes this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Maybe it will be Obi Wan teaming up with some old clones on a mission. They can call it...

Benny and the Fetts

[​IMG]

Barnstable and Weezy like this.
  18. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Savory, check your PMs

19. Savory Griddles

Responding to this message with a check your pms make it seem like the joke was sooooo bad im in danger of being banned. :D

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  20. Weezy

Looking at the director rumored to be in talks, director of Billy Elliott and The Hours. Not an action movie director. To me that indicates a character driven movie, maybe even a.. quiet and smaller movie by SW standards. If that's the case I'm no less or no more excited, but I like the idea we might be getting something that feels new here, it could be a very deep movie.

therealdeal and Savory Griddles like this.