Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Interesting "Star Wars" is in Red as well.

I don't we've seen that before. Maybe Kylo starts to take in the Light and turns on Snoke?

Barnstable likes this.
  2. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Disney is definitely making a push for grey force users and light and dark side users who are not Jedi nor sith. I can't see them abandoning the Jedi order all together. My money is on luke wanting to not continue it because of all the district ion it brought.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I can see Luke or Rey, or maybe someone else changing the definition or rules of being a Jedi though. The prequels introduced the idea (or at least maybe reinforced it?) that the Jedi really screwed up. Their rigid rules on love and attachment pushed Anakin to become Vader. In RoTJ Luke was already a Jedi unlike we'd ever really seen, he wore black, he used the force choke, he was devoted to his friends above some Jedi order. Luke was already grey in a lot of areas, and it seemed to be the key to his succeeding where all failed before him. I like the idea of redefining Jedi, or moving on to something entirely new, like with the bad guys it being Sith and not having to stick to the rule of 2, to open up the possibilities. The rigid rules are gone, Jedi should be able to love and have families, stuff like that. But again, I like the title, leads to good speculation, the last Jedi could refer to one person, or an entire new order, either way they are still the last Jedi.

4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Really good point. I think you're right

5. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I think the best bet is Luke is starting a new form of Jedi order if anything. Maybe we will get a dead luke

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The Red lettering happened occasionally on the Star Wars Clone Wars show I think. It was also used in the first title for Return of the Jedi which was Revenge of the Jedi.

I think it's meant to convey an ominous tone (which it does), but it actually refers to Rey and/or Luke not being Jedi anymore. They're going to move in a new "weird" direction where right and wrong aren't so simple. Luke may in fact be the last Jedi, but that doesn't mean all Jedi ways are lost. The Jedi leading up to the Empire were incompetent at keeping the peace/preventing conflict. Maybe the next iteration goes by a different name and has a different path.

Weezy likes this.
  7. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think it's more simple than that. Luke is the Last Jedi and Snoke with Kylo will be intent on making sure he doesn't make any more. I don't think Disney will eliminate the whole idea of the Jedi order. I am almost certain it will rise again. Maybe some slight variations, but it's central to the Star Wars universe that there is a force (no pun intended) using the force to protect the galaxy.

Weezy likes this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Rebels Spoilers

In the latest episode Kanan (while training Sabine with the Dark Saber) talks about the Jedi defeating the Mandalorians in the Mandalorian Wars. This is the war that saw Revan enter the fray against the Jedi Council's wishes and start his turn to the Dark Side. We don't know what of the Mandalorian Wars of legends will be officially canon, but there is now a war that exists called the Mandalorian Wars. I can't imagine them making reference to that and NOT eventually bringing Revan into canon in some fashion.

therealdeal likes this.
  9. therealdeal

I don't expect the move away from pure Jedi to be permanent. How many times in the EU did they move away from pure Jedi and then come right back to re-establishing the Jedi?

10. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

A few things...

1. Return of the Jedi had a red logo at first. Both the Revenge of the Jedi, and the released title.

2. I think that its clear that Disney will be going in a new direction with this. Even as child I thought that the Jedi rules were lame, no love, no care, etc. i think Luke is rewriting the book on what it means to be a Jedi in light of the events of the life of his father and the wars.

3. Re: Rebels kinda spoilers... I think that Disney is going to do the same thing they have done with marvel with the star wars "legends". They are going to draw from the major/beloved stories and reinterpret them into films. I would bet money on a KotOR stories getting movies, Mandolorian wars at least getting animated and so much more. It may be like Thrawn, reinterpreted faithfully into the new canon, but its gonna happen.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Savory Griddles and Weezy like this.
  11. therealdeal

The Mandalorian Wars could make a great video game too. I wish they'd do more in that realm. Re-make KotoR as they see fit so that it works within the canon.

The last Rebels episode was strong by the way. I'm not a big fan of Sabine's voice actress, but the overall episode was great.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  12. Barnstable

13. therealdeal

Whoa that's interesting.

The first few press releases said it was singular...

HMMMMMMMM

14. Weezy

It really is up in the air what it means. Even though we know it's plural now it doesn't mean that the title isn't still referring to Luke as the crawl of Ep 7 calls him the last Jedi. It could also be both, or more than 2 meanings. Could be Luke, could also be Luke and Rey, or could also be Luke, Rey, and possibly a new Jedi order they set up. Or as said before, maybe it's Luke, and going forward he stops training actual Jedi, and in his search for ancient Jedi temples and relics he finds something deeper and creates a new order not called Jedi, and they aren't rigid in their ways which led to their downfall before. Maybe Luke the last Jedi, and Rey is something new, and maybe even Finn is something new, if I remember correctly we don't know if he is or isn't a force user.

Barnstable and therealdeal like this.
  15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Just like all the fake toy leaks and other purposeful misdirections that took place during ep 7 I don't trust a thing they say.

Barnstable likes this.
  16. Barnstable

Weezy likes this.
  17. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Funny video, but needs more Daisy Ridley. That girl is gorgeous.

Weezy likes this.
  18. Weezy

Ha ha seriously, that smile at the end to JJ Abrams, I forget where I am for a second.

In other news, first picture of the Han Solo cast. I'll admit my excitement level for this has been low, but they keep adding more and more quality people to the cast, I think Glover is gonna be a great Lando. Also, this is the first time I've seen Alden Ehrenreich and thought, huh, I do see some Ford there, this could actually work.

[​IMG]

19. therealdeal

Yeah looks like he's been working on that Ford-esque half smile thing. I could kind of almost see it.

20. Savory Griddles

I'm still not really looking forward to it. Emilia Clarke is nice to look at, but she is not a good actress...at all. She's about as wooden as they come. Glover is the only one that I would view as perfect casting. I'm sure it will be good. And maybe when we're about a month away I'll get more excited, but right now...I really couldn't care less about this movie.