Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Here's the hour long conic con panel

Weezy and therealdeal like this.
  2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for posting that, JSM, been looking forward to seeing it. And to gush a bit more about the behind the scenes video, the Stormtrooper is using a real flamethrower, with REAL fire! On a real set or location! Because why spend millions of dollars creating CGI fire against a green screen background when you can just do the REAL thing?! Not only that, why not use real people in real Stormtrooper costumes instead of making hundreds or thousands of them completely CGI because you can?

I've flip flopped a lot on the prequels through the years, when episode 1 came out I was like 15, so it was awesome. And at the time and in the moment I enjoyed 2 as well. Now, it's garbage, and episode 2 might be worse except for the at least somewhat entertaining pure visual action of the last half hour or so. Episode 3, I actually like, a lot. They didn't fix a lot of issues, but it's the only one I can bear the acting in, the only one I feel any emotion at all while watching, and the only one I see that serves a purpose to the overall story.

It's been said before a thousand times, but they could have easily made episode 1 the start of the clone wars, episode 2 entirely during the clone wars, and 3 basically how it is. We don't need kid Anakin, or stories of his virgin birth and midichlorians, or Jar Jar, or even Qui-Gon. Don't really even need Maul or Dooku. Payne, sure, but there are less creepy ways to introduce her and develop their relationship, I guess. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons alone are better than the first 2 prequels, they clearly would have made for better movies.

Anyway, I stumbled across Mr. Plinkett's SW Episode 3 review for the first time last night, had never seen it, but had seen his reviews of the first 2. If you have a little under 2 hours to kill and want to laugh, and see a spot on dissection of the movie and the whole prequels, I found it highly entertaining. Again, I like episode 3, the acting is much improved (not saying much I know), there are some beautiful and tragic shots and moments in it, and it just works for me still. That said, he's not wrong in his criticisms. Especially about the characters talking to each other scenes shot the same way over and over and over, the complete overuse of recycled imagery from the OT, and his comparison of it to Citizen Kane is brilliant IMO. Enjoy if you have the free time, cracked me up.

gill likes this.
  3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

4. Weezy

I love Star Wars, clearly, but there's a limit. My friend warned me about this when Disney bought the rights, so no surprise Disney is pumping out as much as they can here. Still, somebody send Roberto Duran to talk to Disney about this, he can sum up the situation in a couple words.

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The only one I didn't like was "Order in Obedience". A little too on the nose, but the other ones are fantastic!

7. therealdeal

[​IMG]

gill likes this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Barnstable likes this.
  10. Weezy

I'm not 12 years old anymore, but Star Wars Land at Disneyland still sounds pretty sweet.

Also, I really like that poster, but I feel like unless they planned to show Finn with a lightsaber in the next trailer, it's sort of spoilery. Also, that picture of the cast of Rouge One has me more interested, Donnie Yen man, that's just plain cool.

therealdeal and JSM like this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

Disney is playing this like CHAMPS right now. That 7 seconds of footage trended worldwide in like 30 seconds. They've shown us almost NOTHING of this film and it's got fans (like me) just chomping at the bit. They're going to make so much money off of this it's ridiculous. I bet Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford never imagined this happening for them again.

Re: Star Wars Land- I've heard early drafts call it... Lucas Land. That makes me a little sad, but hey I get it. Respect to the man. I'd love it. I still go to DIsneyland occasionally but my interest was definitely waning. They've recaptured it effectively with talks of Marvel Land and Star Wars Land.

13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

sirronstuff and therealdeal like this.
  14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Barnstable likes this.
  15. Weezy

I hate Fett's origin in the prequels, hate it. The kid who played him was terrible, and they took the mystery of such a cool character in the originals away. Fett could be anyone under that mask, and seemingly with that voice changer sort of like Vader, and Lucas absolutely killed that making him a clone, and changing his voice in the updated original trilogy to match the prequels.

I don't see how they would do this with Jordan, but at the same time, if it makes a better movie, I'll take that over continuity. I like the articles idea on suggesting that maybe Fett is not the kid we saw in the prequels, but someone who killed him and took his identity. I know it doesn't fit with Fett taking after his "father" and being a great bounty hunter, but whatever. And maybe someone can sneak in and re-re-dub Fett's lines in the originals again.

Barnstable likes this.
  16. therealdeal

I usually hate continuity errors, but if you can correct Lucas's huge mistakes with the 1-3 then do it. Also I like Jordan.

17. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Disney seems to be retconing away the prequels in many ways, aka jj on metaclorians. They can either simply ignore the boba fetts origin in the prequels, or better yet show that the boba we know and love from th OT is really jordans character who assassinated the gets and took their stuff. Either way its a good move.

18. therealdeal

Yeah I mean Jordan could just have a suit of armor that looks the same. I bet there's other people in that galaxy that dress the same as like Han Solo.

19. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

new trailer monday hype hype hype

gill, therealdeal and JSM like this.
  20. Weezy

Plus the poster was released, and it's pretty sweet. It's cool to see Han and Leia featured, never thought I'd see old man Harrison Ford in another SW years ago.

[​IMG]

Barnstable and therealdeal like this.