Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

:D That was awesome.

2. BigDan24

BigDan24 - Rookie -

Lol, I'm liking the new design more now after watching that...

3. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I can't say i love the new lightsaber design, especially since I have never seen a lightsaber slide on another light saber and even if they do the small blades on that wouldnt stop it from getting to the arm or hand anyway, BUT I also can't say I hate it. I am anxious to see how it is used in the movie. I have confidence in JJ and company and am sure they didn't just watch William Wallace wield a Claymore and slap together that design based of it. Like the double bladed light saber, the new Inquisitor lightsaber on Rebels, and even starkillers Zatoichi style saber wielding I am sure it has a purpose and that it impacts the plot in some way.

BTW if you haven't watched Rebels you should. My boys and I just started watching it and its worth the watch.

4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

"
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Enlists Stars of The Raid
    BY SPENCER PERRY ON

JANUARY 5, 2015

[​IMG]

Twitch is reporting that three cast members of Gareth Evans’ The Raid and The Raid 2 will appear in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Series star Iko Uwais (who plays Rama in both films) will reportedly appear alongside Yayan Ruhian (Mad Dog in the first “Raid,” and Prakoso in its sequel) and Cecep Arif Rahman (“The Assassin” from The Raid 2‘s kitchen fight).

Though the outlet is unsure what roles they will play in the film, it’s possible they will serve as fight choreographers for the film, a role that both Uwais and Ruhian filled on both “Raid” films and the upcoming Beyond Skyline.

Also starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Crystal Clarke, Pip Anderson, Christina Chong and Miltos Yerolemou, the J.J. Abrams-directed film will debut in theaters on December 18, 2015

"

YES!!! YES!! YES!!!!!!! :rock::rock::rock:

5. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi Moderator Staff Member

^Those guys as fight choreographers would bring the fight scenes to a level unseen in a starwars movie. Can't imagine what those guys would come up with for the light saber duels. Going to be epic.

Most of you have probably already seen these, but for those that haven't, they're awesome.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Savory Griddles and therealdeal like this.
  8. Savory Griddles

I'm tired of this thread not being more popular. I'm a Star Wars fanatic. it needs the same traffic as the Lakers Draft thread. Is anyone watching Rebels? I know I'm 36, but that cartoon is great.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I definitely did not watch that show because I cannot stand the style of the art. I really don't like the look... I've been told to reconsider but I really really hate the art....

10. Barnstable

Same, although I loved Clone Wars after I got into it, so I know I should be watching Rebels

11. Savory Griddles

Definitely watch it guys. It brings in some characters from the Original Trilogy and even the Clone Wars. My wife, a non-Star Wars fan, enjoys it immensely. There's only 13 episodes in season 1. At 22 minutes a pop, you could have it done in 5-6 hours or so.

Barnstable likes this.
  12. therealdeal

I'll watch it one day probably, but for now I'm still angry that all the books I've read in the Star Wars Universe are essentially LIES!

13. Savory Griddles

Well, let's face it, it was kind of an all or nothing proposition with all those books. And there are some books that are so abominable, they couldn't be considered. So where do you draw the line? The only EU books I think they could have made canon and not really boxed themselves into a corner would have been the Darth Bane books. Darth Bane is canon because he is mentioned in the Clone Wars cartoon, but the story as told in the trilogy is not. We just know there was a Sith named Darth Bane. Maybe the Darth Revan stories as well.

There are a couple books already out that are part of the new canon. I hear the Tarkin book is awesome. I also heard the new Darth Vader comic books are great. Haven't picked those up yet. And those comic books are canon.

14. therealdeal

I loved some of the stories though. Chewie's death, the Yuzzonvong (sp?), and... that's most of it. Obviously it was cool reading about your favorite characters growing older and having kids and all that fun stuff. It's just frustrating. You spend 20 years reading even the crappy books and suddenly it's been a colossal waste of time.

I don't see why you couldn't just pick and choose or at least adapt some of the stories. Their salted earth approach really was just a means for them to make an integrated media that's tied across all lines. I don't think that's totally necessary... then again maybe I'm just bitter.

15. Savory Griddles

Yeah. I only read the Thrawn trilogy, the Bane trilogy and a couple other random books. But I enjoyed Bane and Thrawn at the time. The fact they don't "count" any more doesn't diminish that enjoyment I experienced then. And they were never considered canon or official even at the time. Maybe Thrawn was.

But if you think about it, do you feel cheated the Nolan's Batmans are not part of the DC shared universe?

Besides, why were you reading so many of those crappy books. :rofl: I usually waited until I heard of they were good or not. I'm glad they aren't forced to use some of that stuff. And nothing is to say they won't cherry pick certain parts of the old EU. I would not be shocked at all if Revan was made official.

therealdeal likes this.
  16. therealdeal

Because I loved Star Wars that much! Thrawn was great. I think they'll still try to use Thrawn actually...

I do kind of feel cheated, but I also don't care too much about it... I'm more of a Marvel guy anyway. Batman is great, but outside of him I don't find many compelling characters in DC. Nolan's Batman will be more or less forgotten, but by moving to an older Bats with Affleck I think they can do what Marvel did with Incredible Hulk and pretend it kind of almost happened close enough so don't think about it too much!

17. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Boom...

JSM, TIME, therealdeal and 1 other person like this.
  18. Barnstable

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I'm really excited. Much more than the first trailer for some reason!

therealdeal likes this.
  19. therealdeal

That Han Solo cameo is what seals the deal, but that opening shot of the speeder with the crashed Imperial Star Destroyer behind it... It's not just cool, it's gorgeous. It's cinematography at it's finest.

I'm so excited for this movie. This is the Age of the Geek. Comic books are cool, Star Wars is back, and Bill Nye is relevant again... I love it.

JSM, Barnstable and TIME like this.
  20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

"Chewie, we're home." :clap:

Makes me want to start camping out now.