Ronnie Price Discussion 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Barnstable, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

"Ronnie Price catches the eye of Lakers Coach Byron Scott

If there has been one standout player after three days of Lakers training camp, Coach Byron Scott said, it has been point guard Ronnie Price.

Price has played nine years in the NBA, spending time with five teams before joining the Lakers as a training-camp invitee.

“Ronnie Price has been the one guy that I could look at and say, ‘Wow, this guy has really got my attention,’” Scott said. “Offensively, he just understands what we’re doing. He plays within that box, which means he plays within himself.

“He doesn’t try to do anything he’s not capable of doing. And defensively he’s a little bit of a pitbull. He just gets after people. I love that about him.”

Price is on a Lakers team that has three other point guards in Steve Nash, Jeremy Lin and rookie Jordan Clarkson, the second-round pick that L.A. likes a lot.

And Price is working on a non-guaranteed contract.

But Price has been impressive in training camp, catching the eye of Scott and his staff for his work ethic.

“He’s tough,” Scott said. “These first three days, he hasn’t disappointed me at all.”"

http://lakersball.com/forums/lakers-discussion.2/create-thread

Attached Files:

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm not going to lie I really wasn't a huge fan of Ronnie joining our training camp roster due to his past comments about the Lakers. But in the end gotta let bygones be bygones and if he can be our defensive tough guy especially for the PG position that would be tremendous. Looking forward to see if Ronnie can keep this up and show this kind of toughness during pre-season play.

With Nash is and his injury history I thought keeping him would be a good idea. I also hope just for the record that Wayne Ellington also gets a spot on this roster.

3. unpossibl1

unpossibl1 - Rookie -

If Price has Kobe's endorsement then he has my endorsement. However I'm not expecting big things from him, just hoping he can be a solid backup without taking away and of JC's minutes. The Lakers need to make a real effort to give JC and Randle solid minutes to aid in their development.

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Perdurabo and therealdeal like this.
  5. XXIV

XXIV - Rookie -

If he can help control the tempo of the game and hit the open shot I'd be more than happy. I'm glad to hear good things about him coming from Scott because with Nash being injury prone and Clarkson being a rookie there's a good chance we'll need someone to step up

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Kobe and Scott have both been singing his praises for his D, toughness, and IQ. If he can manage to not be a complete liability offensively, I think he makes the cut and contributes this year.

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Does rydjorker121, detailed and thorough as he is in his scouting reports, ever get it really wrong? This guy sounded like the worst offensive player in the history of the league, other than good dunking capability (when he's not converting at the rim shots at a crappy %, and pretty good offensive rebounding. Last year he said, Price had like 3/4 of his passes picked off. Whatever. Happy to hear he does not outright suck on offense because he sounds damn good on defense and athletically. Something we desperately have needed for a long time.

Oh crap just realized, same issue as with the Baseball site at first. Generic, sucky emoticons. We eventually got all the favorites onto that site before it died. Can we pull all the ones from CL over? They are clearly some of the best around. I often reference on other types of forums with no emoticons, where's a good banging my head against the wall emoticon when I need it. Now to make the point am looking for a good laughing one. Nowhere to be found. Please tell me all in good time?

8. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

Defense and toughness? I'm a fan if he can bring that every night.

9. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Moon Rock likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LOL ^^^ Unless that is STFU, "you're annoying" directed at me. (Give me my motion "wink" back....needed here)

11. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it's both. ;)

12. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

looks like...the price was wrong tonight.

i'll show myself out...

therealdeal likes this.
  13. popgunz

popgunz - Rookie -

well if i can live through Ron Artest when he joined the purple and gold, I can surely live with price on the team.

14. therealdeal

You hate Price that much?

I had almost no real opinion on the guy. I mean I know he killed us a couple times, but I always knew he was just some scrub.

15. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

I missed the first half of last night's game. Did he get any PT? Or was Byron holding him out to go against GS's Splash Bros.?

16. therealdeal

Byron wanted to see his first and second unit get a lot of time. Price and Tyler didn't see any time last night. Nor did any of the "no-name" guys.

17. LTLakerFan

OK, I'm already new site challenged and need help. I wanted to ask therealdeal, "seriously" about the question of whether or not we can or will secure the great emoticons we had at CL. After he said this, "Maybe it's both. ;)" above. So as per most sites I clicked on "quote" thinking I would get a reply box below the "quote" and wimpy "wink" emoticon. Wink wink here. :)

However that did not seem to happen. Am sure I did something wrong. After seeing nothing I hit "quote" again but still saw no new dialogue box. What am I doing wrong.

And please let me know.....with a "yes" answer, I'm hoping ..... about those particular animated emoticons. In my never to be humble opinion this is not a small issue. CL has the best set of these on any forum I've ever been a part of. Certainly for the animated and emotional discussions and descriptions of game events and spectacular plays made or videos linked that we will be having here. All other sets (that I have seen, anyway) are just weak and not worthy. It wouldn't hurt in our new neighborhood to at least have a significant aspect of what was great about our old neighborhood.

18. therealdeal

You're not the first to bring up the smilies LT. It's being discussed.

To respond directly to a certain post don't hit "+Quote" hit "Reply" which is right next to it to the right. The "+Quote" option lets you quote multiple posts. The "reply" button lets you reply directly to that post.

19. LTLakerFan

Got it..... thanks!

therealdeal likes this.
  20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Still looking forward to seeing Price in action. If Nash goes down this year, he will play a pretty important role as our backup.

therealdeal likes this.