Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ we should have hired one ex Laker though... Jerry. Just watch him make tennants relevant again.

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

uh, they're in the mix for HCA in the playoffs right now. i'd say they're relevant already. watch him make them a contender this offseason.

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    West is the most overrated executive of all times on this board.

He is great and he also had the necessary luck. Nothing more and nothing less. He probably doesn't have anything to do with the success of the Clips this year.

People act like he is the messiah.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah...i'm on team messiah. he had some things fall in his lap (shaq, primarily), but he's also made shrewd choices and talent evaluations time and again. i'd trade our FO for him, no questions asked. even today.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

he convinced Balmer to trade Griffin and LAC got a pretty good return all things considered (blake injury history, bloated max contract). LAC not only is more successful than this team (even with James at the time), they also have potential to have 2 or even 3 max lvl cap space. He did alot with what little they had to begin with, he also didn't let cp3 walk for nothing like our front office did with Randle, and got a great great contract with Harrell (this due makes most of our bigs look like chumps).

abeer3 and Kenzo like this.
  6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So the cLips traded a bloated contract to have the potential to sign max level guys next summer (see DLo/Moz trade, however they traded an all-star, we traded for one in BLo...but hey I hear DLo will be an all-star one day in a conference that barely has any, so we f***ed up)

The cLips also got something for Cp3 instead of letting him walk. Forget that Cp3 leveraged his way into a trade so that he can retain his bird rights and grab that 40m per year bag for the next 4 years from Morey... meanwhile Jules and his agent lost their bird rights and would have to take a modest check to stay in Nawlins...forget all that, we f***ed up in letting dude walk, when we shoulda did like the cLips and had Mintz exploit the f*** out of us.

Btw, renouncing Tobias Harris and his caphold, a Gallo stretch and waiving Avery Bradley will lead to 4 players on the roster next year making roughly 38m (incomplete roster charges included) in team salary. That means the cLips have roughly 71m in cap space. Enough for 2 max players but definitely not 3.

If you want to argue that they can get 3 max players via a Gallo trade and/or a Blake, uhh Tobias S&t, then how's that any different than the possibility of us getting 3max players using cap next summer and then trading our kiddies for another star?

Oh wait...the difference is, we're only 2 away from 3max guys.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

you tripping if you think anybody is trading us a max lvl star for the "youth" we have right now, there's a better chance LAC could pkg Gallo/change for one then our outcome. And how exactly is it LAC problem that Cp3 got a 40mill/yr deal? Wouldn't that suggest LAC dodge a big time bullet and actually got something for what is now possibly one of the worse contract in Cp3? LAC got an extremely useful bench guy in Lou and not only that they retained him to a team friendly deal while we have to over pay again to keep that chump KCP. Btw my comment wasn't to negate what Maginka has done here but to say West is overrated, come on now he did all those things w/in 1 season, thats not overrated, thats extremely efficient.

tada and Kenzo like this.
  8. vasashi17

Lou? How about we got Kuz on a bargain basement contract in our salary dump. Not to mention, it helped get that LABron guy. Kcp is on an expiring deal that won't leak into our cap space next summer...meanwhile Lou sure does and so does Tobias's caphold.

Btw, I never said West is overrated...I loved that dude and I love that we still have his son, Ryan, within our bball ops.

What I am saying is that GM Lawrence (not West, who's a consultant) was forced to trade Cp3 cause that's what his camp wanted: Cp3's bird rights to be in tow to Htown, while he graces some assets back to the cLips for their troubles. Cp3 leveraged them...that wasn't some brilliant maneuver by West.

As for Robe, he traded JC/Nance to make a max spot for Bron AND keep Jules caphold on the books. We extended a QO to make him restricted and have that 12.4m on out books....and they wanted to still bounce for 8.6m. We coulda held Julrs hostage like the dubs did McCaw, but we graced him an exit.

Meanwhile Blake ducked the cLips like Paula ducked us...

Yet you're giving the cLips props for doing the same exact thing we're doing (and we've successfully done with our max guy in Bron). This next summer, the cLips will have to let go of damn near everybody to get max guys via cap space (see our 1yr stop gap SmashBro approach). They will also have to pray that Tobias's people consent in a S&t for another star, otherwise you have to hope Gallo can fetch someone..and yet I'm the one trippin thinking our kiddies can go fetch someone instead. Really?!?

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Gallo is producing #'s Ingram can't even fathom, 45% from 3's bro.....and he'll be expiring, thats valuable asset. Ingram still living off of "potential" and how did Cp3 leverage LAC? IF lac didn't do the trade Cp3 would've been assed out and had to settle for non max lvl money, so if anything LAC did Cp3 a big favor and got positive assets for it. I'm not taking anything away from what Rob/Magic did with JC, Nance and Dlo trade but between Maginka/Luke led to Randle leaving us for nothing, so saying we kept Randle bird rights means very little when he walked for nothing while clipps managed to squeeze out a draft pick and a 2 extremely useful bench guys (lou, harrell) for old a** Cp3....according to rumors we barely got offered 2nd rder's for Randle. No LAC doesn't need to gut their team to get to 1 max, they have it already at seasons end if they do nothing, they just need to renounce Tobias cap hold or move gallo for next to nothing to get to the 2nd max. Pt being, LAC with NO max guy now look like a competitive playoff teams even with their recent losing streak we on the other hand w/o James look like the 2nd worse WC team and maybe one of the worse in general

10. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Honestly why was this guy hired? All I hear is negative things like he's hated around the league. It seems Magic is doing all the heavy lifting, so what exactly does Rob bring to this team?

Jim Buss had to go but we should have retained Mitch. Magic would handle free agency and Mitch would manage our assets via trades. It would have been perfect.

11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Kobe recommended him, and he needed something to do after Parks and Rec ended

tada, Cookie, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  12. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    or we could have rehired the Logo when he was begging to return

Kenzo and tada like this.
  13. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    He was the Agent of Boozer when he promised the Cavs that they should decline his option and he will resign a longterm deal...then after they declined he signed a longterm deal...with the Jazz...lol.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  14. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

#holdat

Juronimo and sirronstuff like this.
  15. vasashi17

It's a cold business... And who would know that more than a player's agent)

Players are pushing back, which is dope AF!

Bob Myers up in the Bay was a player agent... With his GM hat on he held RFA McCaw hostage...meanwhile our player agent turned GM allowed RFA Jules to walk AFTER Mintz/Paula ghosted us.

It might look bad at that moment letting an asset walk like that, but s*** like that resonates later...just ask AD's pops about Boston and IT.

cLips/WestTheConsultant are shrewd with the way they parlayed Blake and are currently stalking Kawhi as an asset...could work, but what if it doesn't. Maybe the way they did business will come back 10fold on em.

What does Ziggy think and NY... Woukd he give them a referral at the next player's union meeting?

Rob & Magic valued the kids and they f***ed up (see Paula)
    Rob & Magic f***ed the kids and they f***ed up (see Kawhi and AD)

DLo's ballin, yet BK as the team that traded for him, didn't offer him an extension due to his RFA status and capspace this coming summer...Rob&Mag did the same exact thing to Jules... mistreatment.

Speaking of Jules, the team that signed him last summer effectively put him on the block... They couldn't get a deal so they played him last night (or maybe it was one last audition before the deadline)...either way dude went there for a commitment/role that he didn't have here, right?

Rob/Magic can't win with some of y'all. That's fine...but you know it's been 1 full season with them at the helm? Y'all do realize that it hasn't been yearS of ineptitude like the other guys that preceded them.

Carry on with the hypocrazy tho

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    worse he tricked an old blind guy, so there was PWD abuse in his past

KB24 likes this.
  17. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I do think people lose sight of that last part. They haven’t been on the job long. Add that to the climate they are operating in and the situation they inherited and I think they deserve some slack from fans.

And I say that as one of the only DLO guys on here.

18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    trade deadline has Vash in his feelings

:Kobe Snickering:

abeer3 and Khmrp like this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

it...hasn't been a great week.

the clips and C Bags do things wrong, i agree. but they're currently beating the living s*** out of us.

KB24 likes this.
  20. vasashi17

In my fillings? Nah that was Kupcake at his presser last night.

I know the drill with some of y'all and that's why I'm in my bag, reaching for the Scope.

I'm aiming to rinse the same recycled diatribe that's been plaquing our site.

Y'all have me teethering on the edge.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.