Racist Vandals Deface Beastie Boy Member Adam Yauch’s Memorial Park With Pro-Trump Messages

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by LALakersFan4Life, Nov 19, 2016.

1. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

http://allhiphop.com/2016/11/19/rac...adam-yauchs-memorial-park-pro-trump-messages/

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

This actually makes me really, really angry for some reason. Not that it wouldn't make me angry normally, but for some reason this bothers me more than the normal senseless racism.

3. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    My favorite Beastie Boy. Rest easy, man. Clearly the Beastie Boys wouldn't approve of the message.

4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Seems like there's been a big uptick in racist attacks since Trump was elected. I assume some of the swastikas were painted by liberals to increase awareness (in their eyes), but how many... I don't know. There seems to be more than just painting swastikas and things like that. There's a lot more racist violence in general.

As comedian Alonzo Bodden said "Every Trump supporter is not racist, but every racist is a Trump supporter". Pretty accurate IMO.

5. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

I think Sharpton, Farrakhan, and Holder would take offense to being called Trump supporters.

therealdeal, sirronstuff and TIME like this.
  6. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I think racists on both sides are feeling emboldened right now.

therealdeal and John3:16 like this.
  7. Barnstable

Point taken, but he's talking about white racists, and he's probably right.

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Real racists know how to paint swastikas I would think. Probably punk kids just trying to start crap.

therealdeal likes this.
  9. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer

Racists exist on both sides. The ones that are "pro-Trump" just happen to be highlighted because he was elected and the mainstream media along with tons of people don't like him.... There have been many instances of racism in the "name" of Obama and other minority groups... but people just don't like to report on those because of the existing double standard that exists when it comes to racism.

TIME and therealdeal like this.
  10. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer

It's most likely what it is, you can't control what stupid people are going to do...

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. Barnstable

This argument would have us believe it's a balanced split of white racism vs. everyone else, and it's not.

No, white racism is highlighted right now because white racist attacks/incidents have been up since Trump won, and no, most were not anti Trump racism attacks. About 700 attacks/hate graffiti, etc. counted.

"Anti-immigrant sentiment was at the top of the list with 206 reported attacks, while anti-woman and anti-Trump attacks remained at the bottom with 36 and 27 reported attacks respectively. A total of 151 incidents targeted black people, 80 targeted LGBT-people, 51 targeted Muslims and 60 involved swastikas.

The report also pointed out that nearly 40% of the anti-immigrant incidents occurred in educational settings, such as K-12 schools, universities and colleges.

Wear a yellow crescent in solidarity with American Muslims

The staggering report comes on the same day as U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch released a video statement on FBI’s hate crime statistics for 2015, which revealed that attacks against Muslim Americans had increased by 67% as compared to the previous year."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...cks-reported-trump-election-article-1.2879829

12. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Before you call me another white dude who's clueless, please read it all:

1. Are these incidents higher than previously (under similar circumstances)?
    2. Many of these stories simply don't hold up to scrutiny. I'll Google for you if you can't find articles showing that many of them are unsubstantiated (people claim to have contacted police, but no record reported - from the police).
    3. Why sit on the story of Trump point blank telling people to stop it, talking about unity?
    4. I'm a billion miles away from a trump supporter, mind you.
    5. I have no doubt that racism and sexism (and other awful isms) exist. I find it disgusting, and I support social pressures to stop this and help people feel safe in their own skin.

TIME likes this.
  13. Barnstable

I'm not going to research the 700 cases reported right now, but I'm not calling you or any other white person on this site racist or clueless.

I will however say that, every time white racism is called out, there is this need to try to point out everyone does this, suggesting that it's all equal, and it's not. There are virtually no organized _____ pride hate groups, declaring their own racial superiority, and organized by anyone else, who's main reason and root of existence is to attack all "lower" races.

Look, I get it. I understand how this might feel like white people are being picked on for being racist, and how this topic hits close to home for many of you, not because you yourself are racist, but because you might feel you are being lumped in with a minority of white people today. This is all true, but it's also true that organizing groups to maintain, declare, promote racial superiority, is a predominately white problem.

trodgers likes this.
  14. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    I don't think it's all equal, just so we are clear. Even if just as many per capita are racist, there are more whites. And if you're the group in a position of power your racism hurts more. I still stand by the other things I wrote, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstood.

Barnstable likes this.
  15. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer

I never said it was balanced, and nothing can really prove that is isn't because of the double standard that exists when it comes to racism. sure you have numbers, because they were "counted" as racist acts. But there are literally tons of documented and undocumented incidents that can be labeled as racist, but was not because of the suspects being a minority themselves...

I mean, all the riots that happened after the election, after police shootings etc... are racist in nature... They destroy cities because they believed all cops, or that republicans are racist soley based on certain things... but that will never be documented as a racist act.... So who's to say it isn't "balanced". So no, there isn't an uptick in hate crimes, they're (meaning left wingers, and media), are using these incidents to further a narrative that just isn't there....

Racism exists, its bad, I agree. Most people won't admit, but they have prejudices they keep to themselves, its just human nature. But if you act on it, or do something to inhibit someone to do something based on race, then yeah its a problem and should be dealt with....

16. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer

"feel"? white people are being picked on... That's the issue. If there were legit cases of racism, I'm all for dealing with it. But for those 700 cases you just mentioned, are they legitimate cases of racism? Or are they labeled like that because the perpetrator just happen to be white? And that's 700 cases out of the millions of incidents that happen to people in the US. 700 is a very small sample to indicate that racism is a national issue, and that whites are the predominate perpatrators of racism.

17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

The Black Panthers and La Raza have large segments that are ____ pride hate groups. There are portions of the BLM movement that are definitely racist. My wife (Latino) moved to South Orange County when we got together and she has never experienced racism down here. I experienced intense racism when we first met and we were up in her neck of the woods (Whittier, Pico Rivera, Montebello area). She has said multiple times that she received way more backlash for dating me from her hispanic friends/family than she ever did from white people.

I don't buy that one race is more racist than another. Like Trodgers said, whites hold most of the positions of power which makes white racism seem like a bigger problem, but I think every race is equally moronic when it comes to this crap. Ask any asian and almost all of them will readily admit that they are EXTREMELY racist towards other asians.

I've given up trying to figure out a way to make it stop or make it better. All I can do is control my actions. Racism has been around since the beginning of man's recorded history. Every time we think we make progress, things like this happen to remind everyone that we will likely never get along. The only real answer is to do what Warren Betty's character said in Bulworth. If we all just have sex with each other over and over again, eventually all the babies will have every race in them so we will all be the same. :D

sirronstuff and Punk-101 like this.
  18. Barnstable

You never said it was balance, but you brought up other people are racist too as if that's relevant to a swastika being painted in a park named after a Jewish man.

Regarding "nothing can really prove that (racism amongst the races) isn't (balanced) because of the double standard that exists when it comes to racism", you are assuming this with no proof. Literally zero. And to the contrary of this notion, the reason why racism can be tracked more thoroughly among whites is because they literally have organizations dedicated to racism.

This is insane. You're saying it's racist of people to protest being targeted racially. The "certain things" you're talking about here are being killed, and having laws enacted to specifically target them. YES, that is something to protest, and it's not racist to do so.

Stated with zero proof

White people have been picked on sometimes, and then people like yourself make it worse by exaggerating to what extent, and denying objective truths where things should be called out. It sucks to be picked on, but please don't act like white people have it so hard when the power system supports their success.

It's been two weeks since Trump won, and this is just what's been reported to one organization that tracks it. It's not supposed to be a comprehensive list of all racist events, but

First, no. No part of the Black Panthers had anything to do with black racial superiority. Also, no part of BLM is about black racial superiority. I know nothing about LaRaza, but I'd hazard a guess that they weren't about racial superiority either.

Black/brown pride is always confused as a symbol of hate, but that's only because historically white pride has always been about hate, so "that must mean brown/black pride must be about hate too". It is not, and never has been. Black Panthers/BLM/Brown Berets, etc, has always been about organized protection against systemic attack. There are no pictures of black panthers lynching, murdering, or burning anyone. They got violent only if attacked.

White racism doesn't seem like more of a problem, it is more of a problem.

White racism isn't a few instances of random idiots attacking someone like every race has. White racism (in the US at least) is rooted in a systemic structure that supports it, from incarceration, to employment, to housing, to schooling etc, etc, to the point where it's just the way the country is set up and run. It is too much to name (once again), and much more destructive to the collective lives of anyone that's not white. No, there is no equivalent injustice that other races are performing against white people.

This gets tiring. Over the years I've provided study after study, article after article, example after example, showing how systemic white supremacist social, political, judicial power structures f*** with people's lives, and pretty much every time, someone comes back with "well every race has racists"... well no duh. That is never in question, so why does anyone feel the need to defend some idiot painting a swastika on a park wall by false equivalency?

Jaguar and lakerfan2 like this.
  19. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
  20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I'm trying to do my part by dating strictly non white women.

[​IMG]

There may always be racism, and some of that comes from cultural differences and being raised differently. People don't like or handle change well, and I don't see that ever changing.

I admit I don't like being lumped into white racist groups that do hateful things just because someone is another color. I don't feel that way, and I don't treat people that way, but I know it exists.

I've also experienced reverse racism, and I didn't like it. I can only imagine what it's like to be an Asian guy and for women to assume they have a 4 inch penis. It's not right.

[​IMG]

Joking aside, I can only imagine waking up to a deck stacked against you on a daily basis. Not sure how I would handle that. So much we can take for granted.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Barnstable likes this.