Presidential Election Aftermath: What Now / What Next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by davriver209, Aug 11, 2015.

1. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    So uh, this guy. He makes me laugh. I love how he's politically incorrect. He speaks his mind, and doesn't back down. He's not your typical politician. I don't know what his stances are in regards to domestic and foreign policy.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticism?

He is not going away...

2. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be elected into office, then I don't see why Trump can't. As HL Menken once said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

John3:16 likes this.
  3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    People keep saying they want non-politicians and people who speak their minds.

Trump, Fiorina (personal fave of mine) and Carson are not politicians. They are people very successful in their fields who are running.

I personally don't think Trump will win. But I love that he's shaking up the status quo and not PC. Refreshing to hear someone speak their mind.

I'd give anything to see Trump or Fiorina in a debate with Hillary just to see her get destroyed.

revgen likes this.
  4. bonk

bonk - Rookie -

Quantitative Analyst
    I work in DC and the whole town is pretty much against this guy. My company does numerous studies for candidates from Mayors to Presidential campaigns (not me but other here).

He's not going to get through.... neither will any other "outsider". Too much money with too much access. He's the Herman Cain of this cycle.

It doesn't really matter who is there IMHO. The same stuff will happen to benefit the same people. The game of "issues" and emotion will mask it but the reality is that there is them and us.

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I believe firmly that Trump doesn't want to be President he's just out there having fun.

John3:16 and revgen like this.
  6. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Someone (I forget who) said, "If Trump was a mole for Hillary, what would he do differently? Absolutely nothing." Lot of truth to that. I can see him running 3rd party and stealing enough votes to ensure Hillary gets elected.

I don't know one single person who says they're voting for Bush, but he's 2nd or 3rd, depending on the poll, for the GOP.

Fiorina has really caught my eye. She won't be at the kiddie table for the next debate, that's for sure.

7. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    anyone familiar with any of his stances? Does he have certain policies for specific issues? I've watched a couple interviews, but found no specifics.

Not gonna lie, I'm really happy he's addressing Mexico heavily. Not sure if any of you remember, but I was doing a major project on the drug issues and govt corruption in Mexico and found that their instability is going to have adverse effects on our country. I'm all for taking care of business here at home.. Stabilize our country as best as we can, then start to take on some foreign issues.

I realize it's not as easy as I stated, but I really believe domestic issues should be at the fore front at this point...

8. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    What he said is 100% true. No doctors or engineers are sneaking across the border. Most aren't even from Mexico. But they are looking to take advantage of the (broken) system. People feel Trump was insensitive (maybe) and racist (everything is these days). But again, what he said was accurate. We have 300,000 illegal immigrants in our prison system to prove it. If they were minding their business, they'd simply be deported, but they broke the laws. Should've stayed in a Sanctuary City where laws are ignored.

9. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

^Trump characterized it like most were murderers, drug dealers, and rapists "and I suppose some are good people" he said. That's ridiculous. Immigrants don't need to be doctors, if they were, US Citizens would be complaining that illegal immigrants are taking all the good jobs... shoot they already do.

It's a false narrative where they talk like they don't want illegal immigrants in this country. Truth is, they want them to do labor for pennies, provide a cheap, non exhaustible work force, but they also want the illegal immigrants to have no rights as a human being and shut up about how they're treated.... Trump included

10. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

I agree he made it sound like "most" were murderers and drug dealers. I don't agree with that view. But no denying a large amount of drugs are flowing into the US from Mexico. I don't even think our government wants to stop it. If they wanted to build a wall and keep people out, they would.

As for the cheap labor: go after the employers. Fine the crap out of them and it'll stop. The employers aren't paying taxes, the employees aren't paying taxes, and a large percentage of the money doesn't even stay in our country. Go after the employers!!!

Barnstable likes this.
  11. Barnstable

^100% correct, but they don't really want illegal immigration to stop, so they never will go after the employers

sirronstuff and John3:16 like this.
  12. Barnstable

Wish I was Canadian so I could vote for this guy

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. bonk

bonk - Rookie -

Quantitative Analyst
    Immigrants and illegal immigrants. My family legally immigrated here just before I was born. It's not that hard to do and rarely do you get turned down.

So... with that said why do we have an "illegal immigration problem"? Because many don't want to actually live here or participate in the US other than get wages/jobs they can't get in Mexico. They come to earn cash and to send it back.

Also, to us "Americans" there is one group we call "Mexicans" when in reality there are racial/ethnical racism within their country like nothing we have here. A lot of the discrimination in that country has put the Northern populations in a position of desperation.

As for the notion that there are families looking for a better life coming here... it's not that hard to get a visa and/or into the process. The Mexican government doesn't have any system to assist them and won't install one. Yes there are ones who want to come and contribute in every way but there is a very easy system in place for this that gets ignored because there is no enforcement on just waking across. That puts them in danger.

As for drugs and criminals... .this is real and verifiable. Nearly 400K violent crimes committed in Texas alone in 5 years by undocumented people. Here's the part that should unit all so called "parties".... many of the ones committing the crimes WERE IN US CUSTODY and released as some point. If that can't unite the "issue" what can?

Guest worker programs, expanded legal immigration and secure entry into the country. Who isn't for that? Granting paths to citizenship, and sanctuary cities along with federal money spent to force local law enforcement to release dangerous criminals into our country... who's for that? The ones that want vote are that's who. It's another issue that's been emotionalized for consumption when in reality it's a failure of the Government to enforce laws on the books that has put us here. Who wants the government to do this is where the real answer is.

14. bonk

bonk - Rookie -

Quantitative Analyst
    They do go after them. Not in CA or NM but in AZ and TX they do. This is vastly under reported by the NY based media.

I'm with ya on the basics of this but stopping the employment by US companies isn't the large part of it. A huge portion of the ones who come here live off of our public assistance. Many run their own "cash" businesses with falsified documents. They are also tied into organized crime who uses them in identity theft crime rings and human trafficking schemes. This is far beyond people working for large corporations. That's spoon fed stuff in a lot of cases.

You want this to stop you have to control who comes here person by person. We check a few million air passengers a day in the US so we could do this too if we really wanted to.

15. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Rumor is he's working with Senator Sessions to come up with an Immigration Reform plan. Pretty sad when someone not in any branch of our government is working to fix the problem and our on President, Senate and House have done nothing.

16. bonk

bonk - Rookie -

Quantitative Analyst
    This is how they do things now. Look at Gay Marriage. Supposedly one side wants to ban it.... the other was quiet most of the time except for the edge of the party. The President was on both sides of the argument and sometimes he was unequivocal in his opposition.

They waited for a legal challenge to go tot the top and then all jumped in and celebrated the results with political anonymity.

Both parties had control and could have exercised their supposed will but didn't. I see the same thing happening here. One party had all the branches and did nothing. They waited until they had a lame duck. Now you see the other side talking yet the same thing will happen IMHO. Wait for the courts to made the decision so everyone can stay clean.

Illegal immigration is a farce. The laws on the books do everything these idiots say needs to be done. When directive to not enforce the laws are given from above by both supposed parties then you see that it's a sham.

I don't believe one side wants votes and the other wants workers. They both want votes. Most of the people coming here came from collective government countries and the single party Oligarchy here would love to have something similar here a it gives them power to stay separated.

This is just another "issue" to keep people separated. Misdirection from the goal of central control over everything. Up next: Global Warming

17. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    I like Trumps take on immigration as far as it pertains to our southern borders.... He flat out says lets build a giant wall. Not impossible, it'll be expensive but it can be done. Sounds simple. I'm sure its a bit more complicated than that, but that's whats wrong with politics. It's too complicated, and thats why things don't get done.

I'll just say this for the man. He's got balls. He speaks without a filter, and none of his speeches are scripted. He's not easing up on his beliefs. That's honestly what we need. Not saying he's our idle president, but we basically need another Teddy Roosevelt. A man (or woman) who doesn't give two S*** of what people think and does whats best.

18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Bonk was an immigrant?

[​IMG]

I don't trust dead people.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  19. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I'm dying right now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

[​IMG]

20. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Building a wall to keep illegal immigrants out is ridiculous.

Cut off welfare, free education, food stamps, and free clinics to undocumented immigrants. That will work more effectively than a wall ever could.