President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

^I disagree with that argument.

That and the other example I see brought up, is the baker who refused to make a wedding cake for two gay couples, both situations are different from what happened to Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

One is the type of person you are in general, race/sexual orientation (protected class) and the other is Sarah, a specific person who is a high profile individual working for the Trump administration. And I don't even necessarily think it was because she was a conservative (btw, political affiliation is not a protected class). I see it as the owner didn't like her personally because she was directly affiliated with specifically Trump. Like if some random dude with a MAGA hat went there, I don't think he would be kicked out.

Also, her meal was free.

2. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    FB_IMG_1530068068334.jpg

revgen likes this.
  3. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    She knows her personally?

I do.

Well that makes it okay.

4. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Probably not, but my point is, she doesn't like Sarah specifically.

Fair enough, but again, political affiliation is not a protected class, so yes to answer above, you can have Democrat only restaurants, same goes for Republican. I mean, I don't know how that would work, since they would need to get a hold of your voter registration, unless again, you were blatantly wearing something like a MAGA hat or some other obvious apparel.

Well it kinda does, because she doesn't have to suffer the monetary consequences of being kicked out of the restaurant. The only thing she need to worry about (hopefully, but something tells me she's sleeping fine) is the public shame of working for Donald Trump.

Also, might I add, she has full control of her situation. She can choose to not work for Donald Trump. A black person, or someone who is gay, can't.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  5. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Political Correctness has done more damage to America than Bush Jr, Obama and Trump combined. I've seen a little of it erode the last couple of years, my hope is it keeps going. Being real is all that matters. When you are real, there is not BS. Nothing is better than the truth.

6. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

There's a fine line with political correctness and people being flat out racist, discriminatory, and hateful. Being a "real" bigot isn't anything to be proud of.

I'm sick and tired of people using Political Correct culture as an excuse for a hateful comment just because they think it's a "joke". That's called privilege and a lack of education. The more and more it's used as an excuse, the more and more people accept it as something normal.

For example, the word "r*******". That word was and is used all the time to describe something that is not up to our standard or something we don't like. I'll admit to have used it when I was younger. Now imagine having a child with disabilities and being bullied by kids calling them "r*******". See, it's not until you experience the hate for yourself that you don't understand what's it's like to be PC. Take a walk in those people's shoes and understand what that feeling is like. Same goes for any discriminatory action or speech.

acetabulum7 likes this.
  7. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^^ I don't use the word r*******, but it is the actual scientific word for someone low functioning/ low IQ. Like a female dog is a B..... we make them something derogatory and then when used correctly the PC police show up.

A word I hate is "privilege." Because it implies going without struggle or gaining something unearned. To assume something like that is privilege!!!!

8. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Trump to appoint another Supreme court justice with Kennedy retiring. Just need walking dead Ginsberg to retire and it's a wrap for decades to come.

9. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

EXCELLENT Post. I am glad you included an example. So, with that, let me explain the disease of political correctness. This actually happened 2 hours ago to me, coincidentally.......

I am trying to order Class II Road base from a sand and rock company in San Diego, I need to get a specific kind of road base that is called "virgin" road base. Virgin road base is a term meaning it hasn't been used. There are two types, one that's used up crushed concrete or virgin road base that's not crushed concrete. So, I am ordering and the lady says, after I asked if I could get 12 tons of virgin road base, no problem, we have the "natural" road base. I thought I heard her say natural but i didn't understand what that meant at first. I said, is that the virgin base? She said, yes, natural is the new word because people got offended with the term virgin road base. I started laughing on the phone and just shook my head in complete disgust. We had a laugh of it, she thought it was stupid too, it was the epitome of all that we deal with, with this culture of p******.

THAT is what I'm talking about. A person can't even dress up as an Indian for Halloween without getting the "You are offending the Indian people" comments. This bit from Bill Maher, who's politics is completely different than mine, but hits the nail right on the head in terms of the PC culture in this country and how it continues to try to control people.

Also, there is nothing more ignorant than bunching regular people with redneck, skinhead, KKK racists. I am not PC, and I'm also not racist or sexist. So, if you want to think that, like Bill Maher says in the video I posted at the end, you can kindly go (bleep) yourself. I do not care, I do not think about what you think and I will not change in a free country where we have free speech to speak freely. And that is the price, my friend, in a free society. You have to hear the occasional true racist out there but those people are out there and us good people have nothing to do with them.

acetabulum7 likes this.
  10. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

But, it’s all subjective, of course. I’m open to free speech as well. And everyone is entitled to their opinions.

However, like I alluded to, if there are specific terms, phrases, or actions that have been shunned by that group because it’s deemed discriminatory, I think you should respect it. If Native Americans publicly comment that they feel dressing like them in cultural appropriation, then let’s respect them.

You can never be wrong with a little bit of respect. There’s definitely a double standard in our society because our cultures vary from region to region, and education levels aren’t where they should be.

11. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

In my experience, the people who cry about PC are people who are incapable or inefficient at reading intent. Watch the person's body language as they're speaking. Listen to the tone of their voice. If they have no ill intentions by what they say, then let it go. Save your energy for those who truly attempt to disparage others.

OX1947 and John3:16 like this.
  12. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Sup? Regret electing this moron yet?

13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Sup. Most of the country DID NOT vote for him.

14. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, got to be honest Zen, I'm not sure I understand your attitude. :D

Most of us here don't even like Trump and I'm pretty sure most of us didn't vote for him either.

revgen likes this.
  15. ZenMaster

Then you are OK.

16. ZenMaster

Just doing my part. There are people here who did vote for him. For very valid reasons.

I wanna know if the reasons they voted for him for are now being outweighted by his selfishness and borderline treason.

17. ZenMaster

And also... nearly 50% of your countrymen DID vote for him. He wasn't some glitch in the system. He is there because the system is built for him .

18. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Trump has said dumb things and will continue to say dumb things. But.....

Trump >>>> Hillary

My only regret is that those were our choices. But I'd vote for him again if it's those 2 again.

revgen and therealdeal like this.
  19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Not true at all. Less than half of our countrymen even voted.

62 million out of over 300 million voted for Trump.

revgen and therealdeal like this.
  20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The real issue for me: every candidate they presented was the same. Hillary was equally villainous.

The crimes started with Bernie being kept off the ballot. I may not have agreed with him or voted for him, but literally the DNC crooked kept him out.

revgen and John3:16 like this.