President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Reducing military spending would cover a lot, if not all of the costs of single payer or Medicare for all.

And then over time, we’d see the rewards of the preventative care reducing the overall medical tax burden. It’s the fiscally and humain, best option

scnottaken likes this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Reducing government spending is all I've ever wanted. That includes military budgeting which has been out of control for decades.

It also includes health care, but if you could devise a way where the money we're already being taxed to pay for massive military expenditures is repurposed for health care, I'm listening. I'm all for healthy people, I just don't think it's fair to deem the 1% as responsible for everyone's health care.

I also think the 1% needs to be redefined. My wife and I are approaching the 1% and I can tell you right now that I'm not wealthy and I pay a lot in taxes. The truth is the upper echelon of the 1% are the ones not paying their share (Trump), but even those people typically pay more in taxes than some of us will see in our lives.

3. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

And that's what I meant, literally, as to quote Bernie "the 1% of the top 1%", are the biggest culprits, including a lot of companies that are somehow linked to the government, giving them additional "loopholes".

Taxes are a tricky subject based on the tax bracket that you land in. People on the edge of poverty see a majority of their taxes taken from their income that they need to live day to day. People in the higher tax brackets tend to think they pay too much in comparison to those below them.

There really isn't a right answer that would satisfy the entire population, unless taxes went away indefinitely. But that's not as simple as it sounds.

4. therealdeal

I would not advocate the destitute paying big taxes, I understand their plight (my parents worked their way out of those situations luckily for them and me), but I still believe that I pay more in taxes than I should. Part of that is living in California, the state that hates their citizens more than almost any other state.

5. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Regulations. Which Trump has now changed to allow it.

6. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

The citizens have themselves to blame too. They vote YES on almost every proposition. How many "clean water" propositions do you have to vote for before you realize you're being hustled?

John3:16 likes this.
  7. therealdeal

I never vote for them. I don't understand how people like Jerry Brown keep getting elected when they throw money in the fire pits along Huntington Beach.

revgen likes this.
  8. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

This is pretty much the same sentiment I have. To me, it’s not even about paying taxes. It’s about taking the money we are using for military expenditure and reallocating it to either or all: healthcare, infrastructure, education.

Barnstable likes this.
  9. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

I'm not in favor of paying for other peoples healthcare, but I'll conceded the benefits of preventative care. I'd rate this #2 in your big 3.

Infrastructure would be a great investment. Creates jobs. Improves lives of Americans. Easily #1 and Trump blew it by not going after this from the start because it's the only thing Dems and Republicans agree on.

I'm dead set against more money being pumped into Education. The waste is disgusting. We already spend more than any other nation, per student. Yet we're lagging behind. Throwing more money at the problem won't fix it. Kids don't go to school to learn. We have to find ways to motivate parents, teachers and students. Right now I'd say only 1 of those groups is motivated (for the most part).

At the end of the day, any mention of tax increases loses me. The IRS abused me. #MeToo

therealdeal likes this.
  10. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

I’m not talking about raising taxes, I’m talking about reprioritizing tax money that is already collected to other things other than protecting us from the boogeyman.

scnottaken, Barnstable and John3:16 like this.
  11. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

I hear ya. I agree our military spending is out of control. Last I looked it was more than the next 20 countries, 18 of which are allies.

I'd start by closing half of our overseas bases.

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I'm a drop this here because I'm not sure where else it would go

[​IMG]

Barnstable and John3:16 like this.
  13. lakerfan2

It's more than the next 6 countries under us, combined.

14. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    DNC / Clintons not looking so good. Both paid to fund the Trump Dossier. DNC official statement is that it was the old leadership (Debbie Wasserman Shultz) and not them. How much did they pay? over $4 million combined.

Additionally, several news outlets are reporting Hillary's State Department sold Russia 20% of the US Uranium for Russia nuke program and the Clinton Foundation received kickbacks of over $2 million. At the same time, Russia paid Bill Clinton $500,000 to give a speech. Obama told Hillary to report any and all "contributions" to the Clinton Foundation, but she failed to do so on this occasion.

Keep investigating Russia. Please!

sirronstuff, Barnstable and Weezy like this.
  15. therealdeal

This whole ordeal just vindicates the voting process in the last election. Voters are tired of this type of fraudulent nonsense and money driving policy in politics. It's truly unacceptable and that's how you end up with Trump as your President.

In 2020 I fully expect Dwayne Johnson to run for election and honestly I'd probably vote for him if he gave me some good fiscal plans (rumor is he's a libertarian).

16. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

He is a Libertarian, but will need to run as an R to win. He's from my hometown, so I think it's written somewhere that I have to vote for him.

Savory Griddles and therealdeal like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure he runs in 2020. He probably has some pretty iron clad contracts with movie studios out that far considering he'd have to start campaigning as early as next year. But 2024? Yeah. I could see that.

therealdeal likes this.
  18. therealdeal

It would be very interesting. The Democrats would have a really hard time making him unlikable.

Barnstable and Savory Griddles like this.
  19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

And if you're the Republican party, establishment be damned, you HAVE to support him. After the damage Trump has done to the party, if you get somebody that is universally liked like The Rock, you need to get behind him. If the Republican party were to fight him like they did Trump because he wasn't part of the establishment, and then tried to squeeze another Ted Cruz in there, the Republican party might be finished.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. lakerfan2

Bernie/Johnson for Independent. lol

Barnstable likes this.