President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I think that's mostly because of cost and convenience of those things in people's every day lives.

You ask them if they are for cutting carbon emissions, clean air, etc.. and they'll say yes for the most part.

2. Barnstable

And there goes Musk...

"Trump exits Paris climate deal, Elon Musk leaves councils

The Tesla CEO joined other tech leaders in warning against the devastating effects of President Donald Trump’s decision on US innovation and the environment.

[​IMG]
    President Donald Trump announces his decision for the United States to pull out of the Paris climate agreement in the Rose Garden at the White House.

Silicon Valley's tech giants tried to stop President Donald Trump from pulling the US out of the Paris Accord. It didn't work.

Despite multiple pleas from Apple, Facebook, Google and Tesla and Space X founder Elon Musk -- who threatened to leave the president's economic forum -- Trump decided to drop out of the climate agreement.

The US joined the Paris Accord in 2015, agreeing to fight global warming and pollution by reducing carbon emissions in up to 200 nations. Scientists anticipate that climate change could push the Earth into dangerous temperatures much sooner if the US retreats from the pledge -- considering how much energy the nation burns.

"In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord, but begin negotiations to re-enter either the Paris Accord or an entirely new transaction on terms that are fair to the United States," Trump said from the White House's Rose Garden on Thursday.

Tech giants urged Trump to remain in the agreement, including Silicon Valley magnates in the president's inner circle.

In February, Musk argued he needed to stay on Trump's economic advisory councils to help influence the president.

Yet Trump has ignored Musk's pleas. On Wednesday, Musk said he did "all I can to advise" the president and threatened to leave Trump's advisory councils if the US left the Paris agreement. After the announcement, Musk made good on his promise.

Follow
    [​IMG]Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.

2:02 PM - 1 Jun 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

On Tuesday, Apple CEO Tim Cook personally called the White House to urge Trump to stay in the agreement, according to Bloomberg. Apple wasn't available to comment on the report.

CEOs from Google, Facebook, Microsoft, HP and Intel also asked Trump to stay in the agreement. They argued that innovating clean technology would create more jobs in the US, while protecting the country from climate change's devastating effects in the future.

"As other countries invest in advanced technologies and move forward with the Paris Agreement, we believe the United States can best exercise global leadership and advance US interests by remaining a full partner in this vital global effort," reads the letter."

https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-par...elon-musk-apple-google-facebook-tech-leaders/

Weezy likes this.
  3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Reporter: Are you for cutting carbon emissions, clean air, etc?
    Person: yes.
    Reporter: Are you willing to take mass transit, place solar panels on your roof, and unplug your electrical items when not in use?
    Person: no.

4. Barnstable

But they'll endorse federal policies that promote it is the point, like the Paris Accord.

5. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Not so fast. American's voted in President Trump, a direct hit on Obama and his policies, such as this. They knew Hillary would continue Obama's policies.

America paying $100 Billion, per year, is NOT something I'm in favor of. We want a better Earth for our kids, but we have no problem adding to the $20 Trillion debt, half of which was due to Obama and his policies. If each American taxpayer knew what they owed ($150K) to the debt and then asked if they were willing to add another $10 - 50K I doubt they'd sign off on it. But again, I could be wrong. I'm willing to admit that. I just know I don't want to pay another dime in taxes and if we (me and you specifically) had to pay $10,000 in December as our portion of the "climate tax" I for one am against it. Let's have everyone send in their portion each month. We'll see how many are truly for it.

6. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

The day I believe Obama, Gore, and Leo on global warming is the day I see those hypocrites not jet setting around. Hop on your computer and skype!

Until then they're a bunch of self righteous aholes!!

7. Barnstable

People didn't vote for Trump because they opposed climate change or the US policy on it. They hated the same old political corruption form Hillary, but I don't thin any of that was due to the BS arguments against climate change (not interested in the argument against it again, mind you) and especially emissions.

8. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    Nothing was gonna change anyways

9. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

I like Prager U video using the models.... all this effort to lower the global temp by 0.002 degrees ...say what !!

10. Barnstable

I agree with this take on Kathy Griffin posting that stupid picture of Trump's decapitated head

John3:16 likes this.
  11. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^^ I like what they said too Barns, but they said this stuff never happened to Obama. It did. Numerous times. The only difference I can find is that no one famous held up the photos or nooses. That's really what made it famous and talked about. IMO, she got exactly what she wanted and will get a nice payday for her efforts (within a year).

Otherwise, good video. We, as a society, have to be better.

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  12. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

It's okay, Trump's using your hard earned tax dollars to bounce around to his Florida resort to hold "meetings." Hop on his computer and skype!

So what does that make Trump?

Covfefe.

13. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Fair enough. As long as you complained about Obama and Michelle vacations too.

14. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Well just like almost everything else he does, withdrawal is shortsighted and just delaying the inevitable:

- There are already many states and cities across the US who will continue to implement and honor the agreement.
    - The economic reality is that the coal industry is dying, as it should. No withdrawal is going to change that. And yes, that includes elsewhere in the world -- even China is scaling back its coal plants.
    - It's going to take years, possibly his entire presidency, to fully withdrawal.
    - And he seems to forget that the moment he's gone, the agreement is back on. He thinks he's making permanent changes when he's really just a speed bump.

15. lakerfan2

You do understand Trump's on pace to spend more on his travel budget than Obama had his entire 8 years.

Not to mention, Melania doesn't even stay in the White House and that costs a pretty, unnecessary, penny to provide additional security as well.

But who's counting.

16. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

I do realize it and don't like it. I didn't like it when Obama did it either.

therealdeal likes this.
  17. lakerfan2

The problem I have is that he's pretty much alienating America from the rest of the world even further.

As if the international community didn't already have a skewed view of brash American's trying to "do their own thing", it just creates an even greater divide that is unnecessary.

If Trump and his advisors actually read the PCA, he would understand that most of the terms of the agreement are not mandatory and were could be revised at any time. They are guidelines to help keep everyone on track.

Trump and Pruitt are essentially trying to protect America's biggest investment, oil.

18. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

So states can do this on their own? Without giving $100 billion a year to other countries? Damn, Trump really is good.

19. lakerfan2

Vacations are one thing, and I don't care if Trump takes them, everyone needs a vacation sometimes.
    I'm pretty sure Obama didn't fly to resorts (let alone, one that he owns) to take meetings. And to hold meetings in which classified information is discussed, let alone it's in a public space, where anyone can come up and take pictures, is absurd.

I get that the media is overbiased with the Trump coverage, but Trump is doing this to himself.

It's exactly the same way of how celebrities are covered. It's the same reason the Kardashian's are constantly covered, and no one covers the life and times of Denzel Washinton.

20. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^^ you're preaching to the choir. I don't like it at all. I'm glad you have a problem with it. Everyone should. And everyone should have a problem when Obama and Michelle were off on another vacation too.

FWIW, Melania and her son are moving into the White House soon.