President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Help me understand here...

POTUS and his staff did, among other things, the following:

1. claim that previous president wire-taped his house (so accusing him of a federal offense)
    2. said that news outlets covered terrorist attacks
    3. talked about grabbing stuff by p....
    4. lied to congress
    5. lied on TV about plans, specifically health care and then again about the lies
    6. driving profits from the presidency (see Melania and Trump Tower DOD)

and so much more...

How do you separate? All this stuff doesn't matter as long as the economy is better? Do you not believe it?

I am not trying to attack you, it's just baffling to me.

2. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    The wiretapping stuff was reported by NY Times on the day of inauguration.

We've since found out by Wikileaks that the CIA spies via Echo, Apple, Samsung (TVs and phones.)

Obama's admin has spied on reporters and their family members.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Department_of_Justice_investigations_of_reporters

You think they wouldn't spy on Trump? Really?

Having said all that, the onus is on him to prove it. I'm willing to let it play out.

Screenshot_20170318-082454.jpg

3. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

DHS has everyone essentially wiretapped. They have been doing this for years under Bush, Obama, and now Trump. I don't understand why this is a story as if this is something new.

therealdeal likes this.
  4. Barnstable

This is deplorable. Its some new f***ery every day to the point I can't even keep up. Now they want to do away with free school lunches and meals on wheels

"White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney is raising some eyebrows after essentially telling reporters today that free lunch at school doesn't really help kids.

Mulvaney said:

"Let's talk about after school programs generally... they're supposed to help kids who don't get fed at home get fed so they do better in school. Guess what? There's no demonstrable evidence they're actually doing that... no demonstrable evidence that they are actually helping results, helping kids do better in school."

Mulvaney also addressed cuts to Meals on Wheels.

The full exchange is attached.
    "

5. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    We are $20 trillion in debt. Cuts have to come from everywhere. While I agree with you that the military shouldn't have got an increase, the reality is when cuts happen, people are going to be upset.

Meals on Wheels budget: 3 percent comes from government. They can't lose 3 percent?

In the end, I don't see Trumps budget passing, just like none of Obama's ever passed. (I don't think Obama ever got a single vote for his, D or R). I wouldn't get too upset. It's not passing.

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

These guys are awful speakers. I know what he's trying to say, but boy he can't say it at all.

These after school programs do not have evidence they're teaching kids... okay... but there's plenty of great things these programs do like keeping kids safe or engaged when they could be elsewhere getting into trouble. If his argument is "we're going to cut funding, but they'll still have enough to provide a safe area" or something like that, then I can understand it more, but the way he talks it comes off as "screw these programs, we hate kids".

I happen to think the education system is the most corrupt system in our government structure from the top down. After school programs to me are important, but changing the infrastructure of how our kids learn is way more important to me.

acetabulum7 likes this.
  7. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Donna Brazile finally admitted to sending questions to the Clinton camp and sorta apologized.

http://thehill.com/media/324580-bra...own-hall-topics-mistake-i-will-forever-regret

Donna Brazile says passing along a list of topics for a TV town hall event to Hillary Clinton’s campaign was “a mistake I will forever regret.”

Brazile, who was the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) interim chairwoman this summer and is a former CNN contributor, opened up about last year’s election in a Time magazine essay.

“My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen,” she wrote. “But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret.”

WikiLeaks in October published emails purportedly stolen from Clinton campaign chief John Podesta, which included messages from Brazile to Clinton’s campaign containing information on what would be asked during two town hall debates between Clinton and her rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)

In an email dated March 12, 2016, Brazile wrote to Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri about the candidate’s stance on the death penalty with the subject header: "From time to time I get the questions in advance."

“Here’s one that worries me about HRC,” wrote Brazile in the email, using Clinton's initials.

Palmieri wrote back: "Yes, it is one she gets asked about. Not everyone likes her answer but can share it."

At the town hall the next day, an audience member asked Clinton about the death penalty.

CNN seemed to point the finger at TV One's Roland Martin, a former CNN political pundit, for passing along the question to Brazile in that instance. Martin has denied doing so.

The released emails also showed Brazile telling the Clinton campaign before a March 6 debate that there would be questions about the contaminated water in Flint, Mich.

“One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” Brazile wrote to Podesta and Palmieri on March 6. “Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.”

Martin was not involved in that debate.

Both happened when Brazile was a CNN contributor, before she became the interim DNC chairwoman. After the revelations, Brazile was told she would not return to the network.

Brazile maintained the questions were never supplied to her by anyone at CNN.

In a November interview on Sirius XM, Brazile appeared not to regret sharing the questions in advance.

“My conscience — as an activist, a strategist — is very clear,” Brazile said in an interview with SiriusXM host Joe Madison, adding, "If I had to do it all over again, I would know a hell of a lot more about cybersecurity.”

8. Barnstable

I admit I did this thing you have indisputable evidencial proof I did. I regret that I got caught

9. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Trump has reduced the debt by $100 Billion in first 2 months. In contrast, Obama raised the debt by $400 Billion. 1/2 Trillion difference.

[​IMG]

Obama
    [​IMG]

10. Barnstable

I am extremely suspicious of this. Exactly what has Trump done that has reduced the debt? I mean, cutting funding for divisions like the EPA is f***ing insane, but I understand it would be more funds to send elsewhere. Did they actually send these funds to China and everyone else we owed a debt to, or is this all based on wallstreet projections due to all his business cronies liking him and supporting the market because he and the Republicans are in power?

scnottaken likes this.
  11. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Speaking of EPA, he just gave Flint $100 million to fix their water problem. Obama would've done this, but..... I don't know why he didn't. Good on Trump. Long overdue help for the people of Flint.

Barnstable likes this.
  12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I don't have any idea how he could reduce the debt literally, but I know parts of what we accept as the debt is theoretical money spent.

I don't know that financiers have any reason to love Trump more than any other politician because the allegiances are so similar. I do think companies are more optimistic about Trump because he's sworn to bring jobs back and while his callous cuts and budgeting have been hard to swallow, they certainly free up companies to do more here. I know for a fact in construction there's good optimism that home made products will return because of promised tax breaks and tariffs on imports.

13. Barnstable

If that's true, that would be the best thing I've heard Trump do and it would make me feel quite a bit better about him. At least he gets some things right morally.

John3:16 likes this.
  14. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

The Flint water issue is a colossal (insert favorite cuss word here). it's been over a year and still no fix. As many have said, if that happened in Beverly Hills it would've been fixed in a month.

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said his agency will “especially focus on helping Michigan improve Flint’s water infrastructure as part of its larger goal of improving America’s water infrastructure.”

“The people of Flint and all Americans deserve a more responsive federal government,” Pruitt said in a statement.

The state will administer the federal aid through the Drinking Water Revolving Fund, providing money to the city in the form of loans it would fully forgive.

“I appreciate the EPA approving this funding to assist with Flint’s recovery,” Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder said in a statement. “Combined with the nearly $250 million in state funding already allocated, this will help keep Flint on a solid path forward. It’s great to see federal, state and local partners continuing to work together to help with infrastructure upgrades and pipe replacements for the people of Flint.”

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  15. Barnstable

Now as long as state and local officials don't missapropriate and embezzle this money

therealdeal and John3:16 like this.
  16. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

That NY Times article a) doesn't say that Obama directly ordered surveillance on Trump, b) doesn't say Trump's phones were tapped, and c) doesn't say he was under surveillance in any way.

What it does say, is that law enforcement and intelligence agencies were looking into Trump associates and their possible ties to Russian contacts.

It would help if the entirety of the article was posted instead of a headline circled with red:

Article

Relevant snippet:
    [​IMG]

So yea, Trump needs to retract his tweet and apologize (won't do). Or better yet, Obama should sue for defamation and during the discovery phase subpoena Trump's tax returns.

And why is he citing the NY Times, I thought it was "failing".

17. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    subpoena Trump's tax returns?

:Laugh:

18. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Why not? At this point, it's probably the best way to get him to release his tax returns.

19. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    While I think he should, it's not a requirement.

He has the job. No incentive now.

20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

To be honest, Trump probably loves hearing this. His tax returns are honestly completely meaningless at this point, but so many people are still clamoring for them. Meanwhile he's got actual controversy swirling around him that could have actual ramifications for the country. Trump shouldn't release his tax returns because it is a meaningless distraction from all the crap that he's doing now.

The media's infatuation with the tax returns at this point is borderline pathetic and even irresponsible when you consider the other things that are on the table with him at this point that they should be going after. The dude isn't going to get re-elected. If he releases his tax returns tomorrow and it shows he paid 37 cents a year, what will that do? I doubt he did anything terribly illegal. I'm sure he used the same gaping loopholes all other rich people use which is why the IRS hasn't come after him. So what good does it do? He's not going to get impeached for using tax loopholes. What satisfaction will it bring to those who were screaming for them if they are released and all their fears were true? A day or two of gloating and, "I told you so's" when the reality is most of his supporters probably expected he was doing what every other rich person ever does. And then after that day of gloating to essentially nobody...the dude is still the president.

therealdeal likes this.