The Power Behind The Power: Kurt & Linda Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, it was posted and discussed a little a couple days ago. A couple of other reporters have said similar things, but problem is Ramona (Jeanie mouthpiece) came out the same day as this and said she’d heard no such thing, that nothing was going on, and that Jeanie has been in the hospital visiting her mother, so nobody knows what’s really going on.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  2. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Man oh man! I wonder if that person is from the Spurs!

3. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Is it just me or is it weird for a team in the playoffs to be making front offices changes now? Especially a team that expects to make a deep run?

Do any of these moves point to Morey?

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Whoa. When did Jimmy lose his ownership position? When did you see this reported? Hadn't heard a thing but do recall, I think, he wanted out. But that wasn't possible at that time. Inquiring minds need to know please.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

he's not on the board but he is still part ownership, the trust cannot be broken, its all or nothing deal none of the kids can sell their shares individually.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Morey just signed a 5 year extension to stay in Htown...so I would say no. But for folks wanting a fresh outlook instead of a namer, Rosas does have that element going for him. One thing I like about the Rox FO is that they're aggressive AF.

Chillbongo and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  7. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

For the last decade or so they've always gone with guys with Laker history when it comes to FO or coaching positions. I fully expect Rambis to the PBO with Pelinka as GM.

They might be leaning towards Tyronn Lue as a coach but it seems like a 50/50 call with him or Monty Williams

alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. LTLakerFan

I don't expect it to be Kurt. I'm going to be like LVBD and offer to eat crow but on the positive side of the Jeanie is a dumb or a smart person debate. I think now put in this position by Magic she's going to man up and surprise us all. Crow for you or me LVBD. :cool:

9. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I agree with this. She’s not dumb... maybe loyal to a fault but I think she’ll make the right decision at the end of the day

SeasonVet24 and LTLakerFan like this.
  10. The Rock

It speaks volumes that we're hearing about coaching search rather than a PBO. It will be an internal hire for PBO

11. LTLakerFan

Or Jeanie is taking care of business per some reports and doing it out of the evening news circuit. Like professional executives do. She's not a dumb person. Reports were she was so pissed and mortified by the AD debacle leaked all over the media front page that trading LeBron might even have flashed in conversation because she blamed Klutch. She hated that as the owner of the Lakers. As we all did.

12. The Rock

13. LTLakerFan

OK whatever. Not possible that BOTH are true? Mom's been sick, she's in Vegas and she's keeping her strategic moves out of the press? Just my opinion of course.

14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

she might not be dumb but she's made some dumb mistakes though....anyone who thought hiring 2 non experienced guys to take over 2 of the most important exec role for an NBA team was good idea is truly dumb as F!!!!...not to mention the other dumb way of doing so either, as far as not even interviewing any other candidates as well

15. LTLakerFan

Know's basketball, is a legend, is popular with players and NBA people and can close deals in the business world with his personality and charisma. Magic. Not dumb as F***. Did not interview others, OK. Rob a successful agent who knows the cap and is whip smart like the successful ex agent in SF. Kobe's recommendation she believed in knowing her opinion of Kobe's smarts was accurate. Can easily see how it happened. Doesn't mean Jeanie is dumb. No prolonged key injuries this year or the AD debacle and things look a whole lot different.

Big Mamma Jamma and Chillbongo like this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

non experienced showed with the tampering, the leaks, the weird trades, and the AD debacle clearly shows what NON experienced clown can do, which was jack and s***...I did say Magic is a dumb F, I said thinking 2 non experienced exec's in these 2 roles and expecting success is dumb as F!....this is real world and those things happened, IF's is just another word for excuse

17. LTLakerFan

I didn't mean you said Magic was. I meant what she did at that point in time for the reasons I stated was not dumb as F and I can easily see how it happened. If she had interviewed others and Magic and Rob as well who knows they might still have been hired. If what I said happened then the situation looks a whole lot different. That's a FACT not an excuse. Boogie tearing his freaking quad is an excuse then to him not doing well this year's playoffs.

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

IF's buts' etc. is just another word for an excuse....and if you were running a multi million dollar company you'd hire the 1st person to walk through the door with no prior experience because he/she sold the pants of off your due to their charm/charisma? I mean its as if Jimbob hiring of potato head wasn't enough to learn from? Results speak for themselves, no if,ands or buts about it

19. LTLakerFan

Injuries happen. Are you for real that doesn't factor? See what I added about Boogie above. I gave you that yes she should have interviewed others no argument, but also said she still might have hired them. That is entirely plausible.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

whatever reason she may have had to hire them were valid in her mind but not to common sense folks running a multi million dollar business, but just answer my Q, would you hire someone non experienced for such key roles for your company if you were in that position just cause they're "charming"?