Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    To everything you said.

Just one thing. Let's stop with the "next season/off-season/trade deadline" thing. It's like a broken record that kept playing over and over again whenever we strike out. Not getting PG would be a testament enough to remind us anything looking white now can easily turn black in a year's time.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

2. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Lakers are heavy odds favorites for lebron and Kawhi, but I can't find the odds for PG. anyone?

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Well, that was me replying to a seemingly worst case scenario by abeer, I didn’t mean it’s ok to punt for next year. Getting an expiring that big wouldn’t be the end of the world depending what would be sent out to get him. And to be fair, Rob and Magic downplayed the 2 max free agents all year, I assume as a just in case thing, and talked up having cap space for this offseason AND next as being big. But I would agree that plan A, B, C, etc, is swing for the fences now.

4. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Not have much stock in it meself... George is talented though not an alpha that would take on the responsibility of being a lead dog. He would likely think he's fine where he's at. An important piece in what he probably believes is a contending team.

IF James comes on board...we'll see if George can be swayed.

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I have the not so weird feeling he would be a complete fool to stay in OKC. But if that's his choice we have to respect ..... uhh ..... no we don't. F*** him and I wish nothing but misery and pain and tornado cows in his future.

:SadPau2:

6. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

He'll resign with OKC so fast, Magic won't have a chance to dial his number.

7. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

When you hear manipulating phrases like "believed" or "good chance" or "sources", it usually means d***.

Paul George to the Lakers is as sure of a thing as Hayward to Boston is. Stop worrying.

8. LTLakerFan

The ONLY reason I could see him staying is he was too timid and much of a wus to break the "blood bond" from Westbrook that Westbrook thinks he has with George and walk away. He can't look at what's going on with the Lakers, where he lives, and think staying on the prairie in that system on that team for the next 5 years is a better plan.

And I believe OX for almost all the immutable truths of the universe he bestows upon us.

:Noddingyes:

9. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to belabor the point, but my position is the same today as it's been since the day he was traded to OKC:

I'll believe PG signs on to spend his prime playing in Oklahoma freaking City with Chucker Westbrook when I see it.

Maybe he will, but man does watching Westbrook pound the air out of the ball only to get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs in Basketball Siberia seem super unappealing. Just my opinion.

10. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    He's coming to LA. No doubt in my mind.

11. Kenzo

Some of you guys will be on suicide watch soon...
    :p

12. Lakerman JSJ

Just curious: What's the case for staying in OKC in your mind? Or better yet, what makes it such a slam dunk?

13. LTLakerFan

14. Kenzo

I think he likes his Robin role and playing behind Westbrook.
    Maybe Bron can change his mind because it's either both of them or nada.

15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Well I disagree on neither at this point. I'm confident we get someone, probably more than someone.

But if you have the chance to team with LeBron in LA, why would you pick Westbrook in OKC? I honestly dont understand the appeal. Not only is it "home" but it's a bigger market with more opportunity, more room for growth, and a better Batman (to continue the metaphor).

16. Kenzo

I agree man, that's what i would do. But PG gaves me this strange vibe about himself...

17. Lakerman JSJ

I feel like the case is a heck of a lot stronger for him to sign in Philly than re-sign in OKC, personally. That's just me, though.

18. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

OKC can offer the max (5 years 188M) while if he opts out and walks into our cap space, he gets 4 years 138M.

OKC demands less from him and some guys aren't meant for the limelight.

OKC provides the atmosphere that Palmdale and Indy provided him. Some big fish gravitate to small ponds.

Some fans just are saying he'll stay in OKC because their anti-jinx game is the realest.

All that said, I still think dude is non-committal to LA cause he's been part of that tampering probe and that s*** scared him straight. He ain't f***ing with being denied entry to LA if they bust him on tampering charges again. So dude is staying PC to the death of him.

19. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I’m not concerned about PG. I think the buzz about Lebron coming here is only because he knows PG is coming too. No doubt that they’ve been talking.

And it’s not even like the reports are saying he’s leaning towards OKC. From what I remember, all they said was that OKC has a better shot at retaining him than widely assumed. That could mean 10% chance of him re-signing with OKC instead of 5%. Not sure why that’s suddenly making Laker fans so skeptical.

And if those reports are valid, I do think the intention behind that is to make it not seem like LA is a sure thing to avoid more tampering accusations.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

maannn, there's an awful lot of hopes being pinned to the tampering theory around here.

the simplest explanation is a) george has told folks he's considering staying in okc and b) lebron is open to a houston trade and would probably prefer it.

the more complicated explanation is that there's a campaign of misinformation all to protect the lakers from tampering charges because the deals are already in place.

if this story was about a different team, would you buy it?