Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

.... and the Thunder twice.

:Magic Brows:

2. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

Our team as it is now, is a little more youthful and athletic than the Warriors. One thing the Warriors struggled with are quicker, younger teams, due to their older bench. Adding PG would add even more depth in that area. Throw Bron in the mix who can still give you 30 ppg and they can beat the Warriors.

3. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I was just going to ask that question... would LeBron really want Houston without his banana boat buddy Chris Paul? Also, if the Rockets did that to Paul, I don't think LeBron would be too happy about that and I can see CP3 just telling LeBron to stay away from Houston. Moreover, I don't think Morey wants that reputation as a guy that backs out of deals or e-deals...

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    The Finals just ended, and I’m already sick of talking about and hearing about LeBron.

The King ( Of causing nausea)

5. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

If the Lakers get Lebron and George and the team doesn't have major injuries. They could be a major threat to the Warriors. The parts work. As long as none of these morons let ego get in the way, Lakers will have a good shot at beating the Warriors and then hopefully meet the C Bags in the Finals and tie this mofo up with 17 titles.

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Boom!!! Let's make this happen.

7. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Thx mang. Pretty much confirming what I understood. It's gonna be lucky AF to get him, then it would take a huge miracle to contain Capela but then regardless they have no surrounding pieces.

Harden has been a** in the playoffs, cp is capable but can you rely on him if you're Lebron and with no surrounding talent and HIGHLY doubt they would retain Capela, is that enough? Imo no.

Capela and pj Tucker were hugeeeee in there run imo. Gordon off the bench was a good spark plug... All that would be gone. That's what makes our situation so great... We add George and Lebron for free while keeping all our guys besides maybe Randle and he could end up staying with a Deng trade.

I don't want to hate on Philly but Simmons is a baby Lebron and cant shoot AT ALL.. If Lebron gets doubled then what? Reddick would be gone if Lebron signs. Covington is gonna be the man? Lol. Oh I got it embiid will be the stretch 5 taking so he doesn't clog up the paint for Simmons and George.

lakerjones likes this.
  8. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I disagree. As much as I love our (and Philly's) youth, Houston is a much more mature team. Let's not forget they got to 55 wins without Chris Paul in 2016-17. Unless you think we can get to 55 wins with just adding Paul George (which I know you don't, from your prior posts) Houston is closer to a championship than the Lakers/Philly by a mile.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Not if they drop Chris Paul and lose depth to add LeBron. Besides, like others have said: why does LeBron make that move? The Rockets weren't close to a championship before Chris Paul got there. Chris Paul is one of his best friends. So he's going to be cool with them kicking his friend to the curb and losing depth so he can play with iso-James Harden and Clint Capela? Seems unlikely.

10. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Capela is not even close to a guarantee. This is the ultimate hypothetical scenario cause getting Lebron itself is gonna be super tough to pull off and it guts your team. It's almost crazy to talk about and all the deals they'd have to do in a short span.

11. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

James/Harden and 2 borderline allstars in Capela and Gordon matches up favorably to the Warriors IMO, but yes, this is all just hypothetical. I'm just saying it's doable from Houston's perspective, and it makes sense from Lebron's side if he prioritizes winning and leaves aside his feelings.

12. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    Am I the only person not stoked about potentially signing George?

svtzr likes this.
  13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

No, I think there’s like 2 or 3 of you. I know Kenzo doesn’t want him either.

14. Kobe Bryant 8

Hating the C Bags
    It's not that he isn't a great player. 40% 3PT and defender? All day. But I just feel there's something missing there. Does anyone here trust him to hit a clutch bucket? I don't.

If George coming here gets us LeBron I'm down. If I could have LeBron and Randle? I'd take that route.

tada likes this.
  15. Weezy

The thinking is it’s a start, and beggars can’t be choosers. We aren’t trying to sign the next Kobe here, we’re trying to get an All-Star to get back into the playoffs already. If all we got was George and retained Randle, our playoff chances are good. Then, next offseason we look even more appealing to another crop of really good free agents. The idea is for George to be a #2 guy on a title team, to LeBron this summer if possible, which he absolutely can be.

Toneloc, Cookie and Barnstable like this.
  16. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I understand because after watching him with OKC I wondered whether George is the guy we want. But, the more I watched OKC the more I realized that he was a horrible fit there.

I really think George will be a great fit for the Lakers. And if he has another superstar to play alongside he will look completely different.

Barnstable, lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. Kobe Bryant 8

Hating the C Bags
    No I get it, and I do think this team with George and LeBron can compete. I just have this weird feeling that George by year 3 or 4 is a brutal contract. I can't shake the gut feeling.

18. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I trust him more than anyone on our roster by a wide margin. I'd be ecstatic to add George as he'd instantly be our best player and would immediately catapult us into a legitimate playoff team. I'd definitely prefer George to Randle which is no shot at Randle, but George is a better player.

19. Weezy

I’m not worried about that at all. George just turned 28 last month, in year 4 he’d turn 32 by the end of his deal, that’s his prime still. I’d be way more concerned about a 37 year old LeBron in year 4.

20. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I think its pretty safe as long as we don't start expecting too much out of him. He's the second best player on a title team at best IMO.

Still that's not bad