Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Russell and Melo: keep chucking. LOL.

2. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Yeah... I don't see them making it out of 1st round if they get 7 or 8 seed. GSW/Houston or Spurs are going to smoke them.

LTLakerFan and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I agree, Zen. OKC isn' very good.

Shows how much so know; I thought they were a 2-3 seed when they assembled thiat team.

4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

If we could add PG to this team it would really be something. Even without a second max player.

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So in order to fix the problem, they're going to start playing more selfi....uhh, instinctively. Got it...let it burn!

[​IMG]

6. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    Chemistry is gold for recruiting A-List stars.
    Many OKC folks are saying, should've been better if they stuck with just having PG and Westbrook then finding 2-3 really really great role players.

OKC will make it to the playoffs but WCF let alone Finals, is outside probable. So yeah, PG is coming home, finally!

And since we have a little more space for another max, make damn sure he fits well to the current LA basketball. Because I'm seeing it, PG will be a great fit.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

7. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    Anyway, it's time I find my ways around here. Getting hooked with Kuzma. Sorry Ball stans.

Anyone?

8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Lakers could use someone like PG:giggle:

lakerjones likes this.
  9. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

You nailed it . OKC will get better ( they basically struggle in 4th quarters right now) but a WCSF elimination is very likely which I think will mean PG won't stay .

As of now Westbrook is far from his usual level too , maybe these knee pbs are finally catching up to him

10. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

They’ve had periods against really good teams where their defence has been downright dominant and their offence looked decent. C Bags first half comes to mind, they absolutely clobbered the hottest team in the competition. Then they went on a cruise control and went from shooting 45ish% from the floor as a team to under 30%. Shots were just popping out. Same with the Spurs game, 23 point lead. In fact they’ve blown five 20 point leads in their 8 losses. They get out ahead on amazing defence and hit teams 35-15 in a quarter, then they start playing real weird. Trying to pass up shots to prove they aren’t selfish players and the ball gets bogged and off the balm movement screeched to a halt.

We have to remember Miami started 8-9 with Lebron, Wade and Bosh and then railed of 18 straight wins. Sometime over the season I fully expect OKC to go 10 straight off defence alone. PG, Roberson, Grant, Adams and Patterson is a deadly defensive team. I think they have potential to be a downright scary team and they’re a backup C away from having a real nice rotation.

abeer3 likes this.
  11. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    Noted.

But with Westbrook and Melo's mentality not changing any time soon, expect them to lose more and more closely contested games.

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think it's too early to write the obituary here. i still think that their best bet would be having melo come off the bench, but it needs to be his idea.

Kenzo, Savory Griddles and Barnstable like this.
  13. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

So I guess we are safe there :D ...

sirronstuff, Cookie, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  14. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. We're only 15 games into this thing. The Heatles took a while to figure stuff out too. Us dancing on the grave of OKC really isn't much different than all the media dancing on Lonzo's grave.

sirronstuff, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The difference there (and people will hate to hear it is) is LeBron. First of all LeBron is a more natural passer than anyone on the Thunder (or most people on any team if we're honest) so playing with him isn't as much of a chore. It's easier for Wade to relinquish the reins since he knows LeBron will pass him the ball. It's not so easy passing to Westbrook or especially Carmelo when you don't know if that ball is coming back for the next 5 possessions.

Then of course the egos of Wade and Bosh had to settle into place. These were two stars on their own teams (Wade's REAL own team) and they had to settle for playing 2nd/3rd fiddle which isn't easy necessarily. Who is settling on that team? By the looks of it, it's mostly PG and not so much Russell or Carmelo. So who likes being the only guy sacrificing? Yikes!

I'm not calling it a done deal just yet, but things are going about as well as we could hope for. Obviously if Lonzo blew the roof off to start the year, that'd be better, but he's doing enough to be interesting. Kuzma has been by far the most exciting part on a game-to-game basis and a kid other players can really appreciate.

Paul George is the absolute perfect fit for our team I think. He's not quite the dog defender he used to be, but he's still very good. He can take all the pressure off Lonzo in the half-court. He can create for himself and others. He's a terrific spot-up three point shooter. Honestly if we replaced KCP or Ingram with George right now, we'd probably be in the playoff mix. He's that good. If the year keeps up this way, we'll have a good shot at him this summer and I know ya'll want only him or him and Cousins, but keep in mind George has said he won't really sign here unless we're actually competitive and if we're going to be competitive we'll need another piece with him. If that piece is Cousins, fine. If that piece is LeBron, even better. So far, we're doing alright and OKC is doing their part alright as well.

16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

For real Real ;)
    Bron doesn't get much credit around here but he would work great with PG and ZO. Hell, i always said that Bron and Kobe would be the best duo since Shaq/Kobe days.

17. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I’ve watched most thunder games this season, Melo has not been the problem at all. In fact he is playing good D and taking shots in the flow of the game, he has been their most consistent player.

Westbrook and PG have been much bigger problems. I mean Westbrook just refuses to take shots for a half and then he just chucks like crazy for a whole quarter, whereas PG’s consistency has been real bad. Not to mention Patrick Patterson who is their 6th man isn’t recovered from his new injury, he is getting 10 mins one game and 25 the next. Not good.

But Melo definitely isn’t the problem.

18. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

PG is such an enigma. His whole career has been frustrating. He only really brings it in the playoffs. Regular season over his career he looks switched off and averages 1 good game, 1 okay game and 1 poor game - compared to the level of his talent. He is a pseudo star in my opinion if he can’t bring it every night.

If he does hit the high levels we know he can, then this thunder team does make the WCF and he doesn’t leave. But if he can’t hit those levels, you begin to question is he even the type of player we want. At least cousins brings it every night.

19. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    I think hed look damn good in this system.

lakerjones likes this.
  20. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    Another loss for OKC. Now 7-9.

Barnstable and LTLakerFan like this.