Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

It's time again because even if BI was an all star and deserved it this year we're not beating a healthy Warriors team this year. Or next even with 2 stars joining until we've had another year to gell.

Leave Brandon alone.

[​IMG]

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

meh you can be cynic but if right pkg comes along should be explored but oh right magic said 2 max gona come and save the day right?

3. LTLakerFan

Cynic? Coming from you? That's rich.

:Shaqlaughing 2:

[​IMG]

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

as long yoi acknowledge your side as well...im a big time cynic, a front office with no history n we gona believe in their "plan" thats been in effect for several yrs now? lol

abeer3 likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

My side that I see a great future for 20 years old Brandon Ingram, that shouldn't be tossed aside chasing something impossible the next couple of years. OK you got it. You switched it to the FO.

therealdeal and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  6. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    ESPN trying to help our cause. And PG keeps on playing it smart and wide open.

Kobe
    PG's Parents' Nod
    Other FAs
    LA environment
    Young Core

5 trump cards we have that should be played in that order barring any OKC championship. We should overplay those and play it smart.

In the meantime, his 3pt shooting which we desperately need is in auto-mode.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

7. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I wouldn't have made the move earlier during the summer either, LTL.

However, looking back, looking at what's going on presently with this team, and looking forward to the summer, I probably would trade BI and filler for George right now if the circumstances were exactly the same as they were a few months back.

What's done is done, though.

therealdeal, abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  8. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

All Rondo and Rubio needed is their J dropping ... It's not that simple .

BI will improve but the lack of smoothness in his games has always been a concern for me

9. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

OKC is the last team (except Warriors) i would want to face in the PO. I can see them beat SA and HOU and make it to the WCF. Hard to walk away from that...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

what's impossible? fielding a winning basketball team? seems like it to us, but it's not. if you're truly a "championship or bust" fan, we just don't understand each other. you have to crawl before you can walk, and we're legless.

11. LTLakerFan

What was "filler" back then .... the number 2 pick? It could have been even more since Pritchard was hell bent not to let the PG to the Lakers collusion play out.

wallangong likes this.
  12. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I don't think they would make it past any of the top three teams. At least that's what I'm hoping for. First or second round exit depending on where they end up in the standings. We shall see. If they end up at the 4 or 5 spot (most likely) they have to deal with GSW in the second round most likely.

13. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    They've handily beaten GSW, 1-1 against the Spurs and 1-0 against the Rockets. Games during "figuring out" period.

Their game as of late is looking very fluid. Maybe not as much movement as the Warriors but there's definite movement. Their only issue is when Westbrook gets out of control and their shallow bench.

I'm maybe a little bias but when they're playing right, they're looking like the 2nd best team in the West, at least. 8-2 in their last 10.

Kenzo likes this.
  14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

And all i posted was crictism of his disappearing acts at time but you gotta take it to next lvl with your hyperbolic response

15. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I think they're the second best team in the west.

Since turning things around in December, OKC has rounded into one of the best 6 teams in the league alongside GSW, HOU, CLE, TOR, and BOS. Against GSW, HOU, and SAS this season they are 3-1 so far.

They are 14-5 since Dec 1st. Over the last 10 games, they're 8-2 (could have been 9-1 if not for that no call against the bucks that the league admitted they missed), and have the best points differential with 11.7 and the best ranked offensive rating in the league of 117.2, alongside a top 10 defense.

Last 10:

Westbrook 30.7/9.7/10.5 on 59.6 TS% with a 125 ORTG, +19.4 net rating.

Paul George 22.9/4.7/2.4 on 69.3 TS% with a 123 ORTG, +15.0 net rating.

Carmelo 17.6/4.7/1.8 on 60.3 TS% with a 122 ORTG, +17.8 net rating.

All 3 together have a +24.1 net rating over the stretch.

The only thing holding them back from giving GSW a challenge in the playoffs is their bench. Felton is good enough to spell Westbrook 12 mins a game. Grant is super athletic, can defend multiple positions and get you a few blocks protecting the rim from the help side with 8-10 pts a game. But that's pretty much it for their bench.

Patrick Patterson hasn't rounded into form yet, but if he does he gives them another defender who can guard multiple positions and the PNR well, hit some 3's and add another 8-10 pts a game. Terrance Ferguson could be a great piece, but he is a rookie that's bound to have some inconsistencies and only time will tell how much Donovan plays him.

They've got plenty of long and athletic guys who can be used to defend the perimeter on the bench in Grant, Huestis, Patterson, and Ferguson but in my opinion, they are a bench scorer away from competing with other bench units. Tyreke Evans would be perfect for them if the Grizzlies have a fire sale at the deadline, or even Lou Williams if the Clippers do the same. I think a late first and one or both of Abrines/Huestis could get it done.

Ironically, Randle and Clarkson would be perfect for them. Wonder if they'd give us PG for them hahaha!

Kenzo likes this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

OKC improving while we fall off a cliff, not a good look for PG coming here.

17. chkad

chkad - Rookie -

OKC has no chance to keep him unless they manage to trade Melo. Can they really sign PG, and pay repeater's tax?

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

of course they can, its a matter of if they want to

19. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    @svtzr

Regarding the last part. At this point, you may include two of our three untouchables in the deal and it may still be a no deal.

---

Funny how quickly the situation can change. But we all know it was just a matter of time before OKC start to roll. Damn Melo, he's actually okay with playing 3rd option and spot up shooter at that? Who would've thought. And f*** PG's 3pt shooting.

Wait, what if they win it all and PG can get it over with, you know... being a champion. He can carry the experience and success going home in leading a team he can truly call his own. There'll be no censure from OKC since they already have their ring, WIN-WIN. Give them Randle and Clarkson already.

Yeah, I'm blabbing. Kind of a stretch I know, but hey that's looking more and more possible than us landing PG as we go deeper into this season damn it.

20. chkad

chkad - Rookie -

i saw somewhere that if PG resigns and Melo opts in, their projected salary would be around $150 mil next year, plus the repeater tax which is about $30 mil (could be more than this amount).