Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

They telling us "he didn't lead us on"...

You sure about that?

Fyi: quote was made right before the trade deadline....then JC/Nance were dead assets walking. Also oh girl mentions LA after the tampering charge. All skirt had to do was skirt the narrative, but she kept feeding it.

Kenzo and LTLakerFan like this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think all the weird "skirt" talk is sufficient to indicate there's no real point here.

Juronimo likes this.
  3. vasashi17

It's weird defending the skirt, to s*** on Magic/Rob... especially when considering Laker title contributions.

Abeer, you believe in Jerry West, right? Even the Logo didn't go hard at oh girl, when she was hellbent on coming home. At the very least, that should tell you (in particular) something.

Your takes have been reasonable Abeer, which is why I welcome I discussion with you. You were a Nance fan, like I was, right? Oh girl seriously cost us that guy and then skirted us last summer. At least honor the multiple attempts we made for your broad a**, but instead she leaves LA the night of June 30th to go have a party. She made no attempt to respectfully decline our attempts. She made a show out of it. I'm surprised you ain't upset at least at that much.

But Paula made her bed...let's not act like we didn't give her or her representation every opportunity to succeed.

I love that hoe's game (especially on D), but she ain't the sharpest tool in the shed: signed a 4yr deal at 30%max when she should have signed a 1+1 and gotten that 35% bag this summer. Forget about having no "points"...she f***ed up them commas. She clearly not built for the bright lights here.

Speaking of light, drawing the dubs in the 1st round may be all she wrote. That should be light work for KD and them boys. Forget wasting a year of Bron, they just wasted a year of Russ. But somehow it will still be Melo's fault.

Btw, Roberson the real MVP.

Keep waiting on him, Paula.

4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

How is referring to someone as a “girl”, “she” or “her” an insult? Is this elementary school? Maybe we should ask Cookie how this works?

Juronimo, abeer3 and SamsonMiodek like this.
  5. vasashi17

Is a skirt traditionally a female garment?

In slang, what is it when one skirts someone or something?

When we refer to someone or something as a "b****" and/or a "b**** move", is it really gender oriented or meant as something else?

What about the term "Man up"?

Is it "elementary school" when it's commonly used in sports and banter throughout all ages and demographics?

Cookie doesn't even have to be involved in this. There's respect for a strong person regardless of sexual orientation. I hope she along with any other female on this site knows the difference.

I know what I meant by my comments among many others that have said the same thing. My intentions are clear and I feel it's not really necessary to explain myself.

What does need explaining is why you're targeting just my post on it when many others have made similar commentary.

Again, if you have a problem, PM the party you would like to discuss this further with rather than making it a public issue/spectacle.

If Cookie had a problem with my language, demeanor, posts and she felt insulted or disrespected by them in any way, I'm sure she would have reached out to me by now. She still can and I gladly would welcome it. I would never want to put her in that space.

But Weez, why are you trying to involve her...speak for her...make insinuations for her, when she's strong enough to do it herself without your prodding.

6. Weezy

Sometimes women don’t speak up when surrounded by men in order not to make waves. I personally don’t like to see women and female terms used as a way to belittle someone, I find it disrespectful as someone who was raised by almost entirely strong women and who has mainly female friends. So, I spoke up on behalf of one of our highly respected female members here. Maybe that was out of line, it’s entirely possible, but it’s how I felt, I think if we try to keep it family friendly around here we should also try to keep it open to everyone feeling comfortable as well. If I have a problem I speak out about it, I have done so before and will continue to do so.

Juronimo and SamsonMiodek like this.
  7. vasashi17

I'm going to leave this alone cause I don't really need to prove my views on the issue. We can further discuss this over PMs, but I know how I view strong, reputable individuals, regardless of orientation, religion or race.

Any insinuations made are on you, not on me. I know how I perceive George and its the farthest thing than how I perceive a strong woman (or man).

Anyways the Thunder need to go undefeated in the last 4 (in concurrence with other teams losing) to even have a remote chance at the 5th seed. Meanwhile, last year they were the 4th seed with homecourt advantage in the 1st round. Probably Melo's fault still.

8. Weezy

I’d say the major reasons for OKC’s struggles are Westbrook missing games early on and then after returning shooting %28 from 3, not even being a threat from there all season. Then George having some injuries and falling off late. Westbrook’s game is great for numbers, yet for all the assists and such he doesn’t seem to lead to winning. Maybe Roberson really is that important.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

The dude said he was going to go out and get a 20/20/20 game before he did it. They showed basically the last two minutes of the game on ESPN (I didn't watch it live) and he was standing under the basket like he was a center as he waited for guys to shoot it in order to get those last two rebounds. It was pathetic. The dude knows how to manipulate the box score to look like he's the greatest force in the history of basketball. Yet with an MVP candidate (until recently) and some decent role players, they are still fighting to not be the 8th seed. In the past if you had an MVP candidate and another dude averaging a triple double, you'd probably have the best record in the league.

abeer3 and alam1108 like this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

weezy picked up on my point: it undermines your argument when it's couched in sexist terms.

do i occasionally do the same? yes, regrettably. but i definitely don't make it the bearer of my narrative. that was the point.

also, pre-injury, paul george was a legit mvp candidate. pretty good for a girl.

11. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I don’t personally have a problem with it but can certainly see where other would.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    alam1108 likes this.
  12. vasashi17

So imagine a sick family member and someone throwing around the cancer term to define players. Yet that s*** happens all the time. Look at the thread title and see about that before coming at me. Half y'all already played judge, jury and executioner with the Zinger case. Were y'all bringing the same energy when Kobe went through his s*** and how it impacted his wife and daughters? Now y'all gotta problem with how I go at Paula...oops, George?

Abeer, you just admitted you've done it yourself, so what's up with this holier than thou attitude, bro...oops, fellow human being?

Ive been about wordplay since I've been posting. George skirted us and I carried out that double entendre.

I've seen plenty of posts here objectify women and can be viewed as misogynistic, so if y'all on a witch-hunt maybe y'all need to stop playing favorites.

Acting like my posts have only been about highlighting gender prejudice. Really?!?

You want non-gender content (which I've already done in my sexist tirade)? Here it is in a more elaborative presentation: Like Savs said, you have a previous MVP in Russ with a potential MVP candidate in George. Oh and they got an Aquaman (oops gotta stay gender neutral now, let's call Adams Aquaperson instead...y'all good with that?)...you got OKC leading the league in healthy lineups that have played the most minutes with each other. Yet with all that, they're the 8th seed and you have the balls, oops, gall to give George an out for her, oops that individual's injury.

But let me guess, when it comes to our depleted roster, it's just another excuse. When it comes to our novice FO, they need to get results asap while a seasoned exec in Presti deserves all the outs possible even after tearing a Finals roster apart and sending 2 MVPs out the door.

What was I thinking with the skirt narrative, I shoulda melo'd out with that noise and blamed this all on a hoodie and it probably would have been more accepted around here. Rookie mistake...rather it was an elementary mistake.

Also I feel the little P term is offensive to short people. What's your thoughts on the matter @Savory Griddles?

Btw, Cook if you ever take issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I just assume a strong woman ain't offended by my comments on George.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. Weezy

Whoo boy did he take the L tonight, love it

And OKC is screwed as far as improving, Roberson needs to be real good when he returns

14. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    [​IMG]

Well I guess the business will remain unfinished lol.

tada, Cookie, alam1108 and 3 others like this.
  15. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

That was so satisfying. Lol. I lived in Seattle when the team got taken away and felt really bad for the die hard fans. Don’t like the Thunder at all and watching them flame out just puts a smile on my face.

Watching Dame drill that shot right on George was even better. Great game.

puffyusaf#2, lakerjones and alam1108 like this.
  16. ElginTheGreat

17. ElginTheGreat

18. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    ^those are incredible numbers.

But to be fair, Lillard will not keep it up. He can make insane shots but he is a 36% career shooter from 3. Just had an insanely hot series.

19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I’m petty as s*** so that shot was glorious!

puffyusaf#2, LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  20. vasashi17

Something poetic about Playoff Paula getting got by a Dame?

And on that, I'm out this b****...but not before flipping the...

[​IMG]