Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    Just watch PG go full freezer mode post ASG. His great games this season is about as good as everything he's done his 1st 8 seasons. He's way beyond his quota of great games in a season.

But if he continues his MVP caliber year then good for him. It's remarkable to rise above the KDs, Currys, Hardens and Giannises these days.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

2. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

Well so much for going freezer mode ... still can't get over the fact we didn't trade our 2nd pick (aka Mr. Glass) for PG back in the day and it ended in this soap opera last summer.
    Well still enjoy watching this dude play. But let's see how Westrbick can take a backseat in the playoffs.

3. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ you need to let it go... plus Pacers were never trading him here (just like the NO didn't send AD our way).

KareemtheGreat33 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    He had 8 career 40pt games prior to this season. He already has 6 before last night's game. That's why I he's due for a slump.

If he continues, his ceiling is looking freakingly scary high! I've been so high on PG here but I never knew I'll still be grossly underestimating him.

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Still perpetuating the big myth that #2 pick would have gotten PG directly from Indy. Everyone knows they wanted Caruso too. Let it go.

:Magic Shaking Head No:

sirronstuff, abeer3 and Kenzo like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

So, he's still...something feminine, right gaiz?

7. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

He's playing GREAT . If OKC could have this good version of Westbrook during the playoffs , a OKC - GSW series would be fun

8. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    He is playing like an mvp which makes this feel worse for Laker fans. Instead of Lonzo we could have PG...

Tough pill to swallow. Paula made a terrible mistake though. Won't win a chip in OKC.

9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Sigh. Yes.

10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

well considering where he's at and where we're at, I dont think he's gona lose any sleep lol

12. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    Why would his caliber of play change that? Lakers fans wanted him because they know this dude can ball. People don't get pissed cause Smush Parker passes on signing with you. He was a p**** because he didn't just say he had no intent for LA. He was a p**** because he made this big Sports Center 2 or 3 day event about being torn when all along he didn't want the lime light (or low light if you are looking at records) of being in LA. He would of been like "nope, not doing LA" most people would of respected that at some fashion or other but he didn't so to answer your question... Yes he still is.

That's my opinion at least.

13. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Paul George last 15 games: 3.4/10.9 3pt per game, 31.3%, 38.6% from the field, -2.8
    [​IMG]

Death, Taxes, and PG fading in the 2nd half of the NBA season.

14. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Helluva thought!

Fans ripping Bron for actually coming here (with zero "Decision" type fanfare) while still applauding Paula for putting on a show is wild.

Hellbent Paula & Mintz not only warped his mind and cost us Jules... but also costed us Nance & JC (via cap clearing) to fit her hellbent a** into. Yet some Laker fans find it troubling that we mad at Paula. Wild.

Some fans ripping a 5time title winning LakerLifer for the likes of Jules and DLo, who have done what exactly in LA? Magic not only helped lead his team as a rookie, but won a chip doing it. His critics will point out that he had Kareem tho. Meanwhile Jules and DLo as rookies had the Mamba, but that still led to nada. Yet Magic is the dope. Wild.

Still, folks want to see what they wanna see. Pritchard wasn't going to gift wrap Paula to us, and when she ducked us in free agency, that somehow is still on our FO. Wild.

Stopgap 1yr deals to rollover cap for another high profile free agency class was the contingency. Slim pickins on those 1yr deals, yet our FO is incompetent and over thought it? Hey shooters willing to be on 1yr deals, please put your hands up...not all at once now. Outside of Brook (who didn't match our PACE), what legit needle-pushers were out there on 1yr deals? But the FO should ignore 2019 free agency and just rush to get Bron (the guy we all hate and shouldn't sell our youth to help build around) all the help he needs. Wild.

Want to point to something a little more tangible? Injuries derailed the season...and speaking of injuries, Paula's are acting up again and forget those Mvp talks surrounding oh girl...Roberson the real Mvp!

Btw, before tonight, Okc was 8th and destined for another 1st round knockout playing the dubs. As of now, SA is 8th but have the easiest remaining schedule, while OKC is only 1 loss ahead of them and have the 6th toughest remaining schedule.

But still...Melo's fault. Wild.

ElginTheGreat and puffyusaf#2 like this.
  15. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Ya lol...

But Westbrick has gone back to chuck mode which doesn't help.

ZenMaster likes this.
  16. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah, I honestly don't get the attacks on LeBron while clamoring for George who embarrassed the franchise.

I've got my criticisms of Magic and crew but this isn't one of them.

The path was clear for George to come to LA. He led the team on and then signed elsewhere without even meeting with us even after we took a tampering charge for him. We've clearly seen that teams try to fleece us for talent if they will talk with us at all.

If George truly wanted to be a Laker he would be here. Period. He passed on us, so yeah, he can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  17. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ preach.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    PG is irrelevant

I'm not sure how you could support my favorite player LEbron tho.

19. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    Told y'all it was coming. A bit late but it did.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the point with george is that the FO bungled the situation pretty hard. he wanted to play here. we colluded with his agent to engineer the trade demand/statement of preference to leave indy for la. then we didn't make a legitimate trade offer for him. either we were totally tone deaf on how the machinations would be received (poorly) or totally overconfident in terms of our ability to pick him up the following year--as if nothing in the world could happen between those two points in time that could change minds or situations.

i said all of this at the time, and i was right. george didn't "lead us on"--if that metaphor even applies to such situations--he wanted to come here, then he didn't. he didn't spend that whole year flirting with us. it's not like when dwight howard played for us and was meeting with houston officials during the allstar break (had he then spurned them in FA--THAT would be leading someone on, imo).

we partially learned from the george screw up with davis, wherein we engineered ANOTHER trade demand, then ACTUALLY made credible offers. but again, we didn't understand how it would land.

maybe we'll get the next one right, wherein we stop tampering with folks in attempts to speed up the process and try to simply build a team.

anyway, back to people being mad at george: okc traded for him, they won games, and he liked it there, so he stayed. makes sense to me. we were terrible, and i'm sure that despite okc not being a contender, he's pretty happy he avoided our organization right now--nobody is holding us up as a model for how to do things.