Our Young Trio.

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

My biggest takeaway so far this season watching these young Lakers (and boy has it been fun to watch them start to grow up before our eyes) is what a dynamic, great, young trio we have on our hands in Lonzo, Brandon, and Kuz.

I mean granted Ingram hasn’t been quite as good the last couple of games, but overall for the season he has just developed beautifully. Whether it’s his improved jump shot, the ability to get to the free throw line, finishing through contact after drawing it, showing he can be a #1 option at times, and just the overall assertiveness at times has been really impressive from this young player.

Then you look at Lonzo. He’s had his really good moments and his struggles. It’s no secret he was struggling mightily with his shot. I always thought it had more to do with a lack of confidence as well as poor shot selection moreso then the shot itself. That’s starting to show itself. Lonzo is taking more shots within the flow and rhythm of the offense. He’s been more decisive. He isn’t just settling for long jumpers. He’s putting his head down and getting to the basket and truly starting to threaten a defense on a more consistent basis.

What’s most impressive is Lonzo’s ability to stay even kill which is so hard for a rookie amidst all the hype and hoopla and the whole thing with his dad and I actually think tht stoic demeanor has helped in that regard. We know he’s a natural floor general out there. As he continues to progress as a scorer it’s just gonna make it that more difficult to defend him because of that rare passing and playmaking ability. His defense has been pretty solid all year. Just good instincts and plays with good effort.

Last, but not least Kyle Kuzma. Lord what a great pick. If he continues to progress and there is no reason to think he won’t this could go down as one of the biggest draft steals in recent memory. He’s been on a tear lately especially. Defense still needs a lot of work, but man have we needed a player like him. Ability to space the floor. He’s a mismatch nightmare because of his shooting as well as ability to put the ball on the floor. I’ve seen him use an array of flip shots, seen the fadeaway, hook, stepback, midrange, and does a masterful job moving without the basketball.

This is a special, young trio. They’re only gonna get better and because they’re all unselfish as well as humble, hard working kids it just makes them a great fit with one another and there is no doubt they’re the future. If free agents come to play for the Lakers it’s because of them. I have no doubt that will happen. As far as I’m concerned all three are untouchable.

2. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

These three are an impressive young core for sure...

3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah the future is bright

The doubts are about the abilities and priorities of our FO to surround them with the right players/develop them