Optimism Discussion: The Laker's Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 20, 2016.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Better not be just for the look. All shoes certainly not created equal for the pounding these guys give them and their bodies running, jumping and landing in them.

But ole LaVar and Lonzo just hit the freaking LOTTO with his game plan.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    OX1947 likes this.
  2. LTLakerFan

:ShaqOh2:

:FistPump:

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. LTLakerFan

:JuliusPumped 1: He's still f****** here!!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    sirronstuff, tada and therealdeal like this.
  4. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    I think the black ones are pretty sweet. Obviously I won't pay the money though I am a big baller lolz.

OX1947 likes this.
  5. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  6. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

7. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    ^ Exactly. Does Rob sound like he and Magic don't have a plan in place judging by the video.... to me they know exactly what they are doing

Now that's fine if people disagree with it, that's part of being a fan and giving your opinion. But people (not saying you) just need to be informed and know where both parities stand before just blasting away with nothing constructive to counter.

8. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Rob and Mag aren't clueless. I do not believe a smart, rational person would think that. The Dlo trade got everyone's emotions all riled up, but we have to understand that that trade happened for a few reasons. One, they wanted to get rid of D-Lo. Two, they got rid of Mosgov, and three they got a damn good player in Brooks Lopez who is 29. Which happens to be prime age for a center in the NBA.

I believe their true skill set will be displayed a year from now when they have 3 max slots and a crap load of talent available.

Lakers2015 and tada like this.
  9. Lakers2015

Yep. I'm fine with what they did. As high as I was on Russell during the draft I soured on him as time went on and for good reason. His inconsistency was frustrating, his blatant disregard and inability on the defensive end, his ridiculously careless turnovers. Not to mention thinking he's better than everyone without proving a damn thing. Russell crossed the fine line of being confident and cocky/arrogant when it wasn't unjustified.

Yeah he could be Harden 2.0, but the latter was a MUCH, MUCH better and more consistent player his final years in OKC. He made an All Star team and everyone and their mother knew he was poised to emerge as one of the game's elite players. Nobody can say that about Russell. You're hoping at this point if you're the Brooklyn Nets. I made the comparison about Bynum, but Drew at least made an All Star team. He was also a key member of two great Laker teams that won back to back titles.

Then you talk about shedding one of the worst contracts in the NBA and a guy who not only was costing you a lot of money and cap room, but wasn't even really apart of the rotation anymore. He wasn't contributing whatsoever other then good veteran leadership I suppose, but they can cheaper veterans. Things looked so bleak because it just didn't seem they'd be able to rid themselves of that contract and they were able too.

Then an underrated part of the deal is you get Brook Lopez. Most polished offensive center they've had since Pau Gasol and to me he's actually a little better than Pau Gasol was because the latter was already on the decline towards the end of his Lakers tenure. He's evolved his game to being a three point threat. Will be an excellent fit with Lonzo with his ability to pick and pop and roll. When things are going difficult offensively you can throw him the ball on the post. Everyone assumes he's gone in a year, but I'm not so sure. If they strike out on free agents again you re-sign Lopez and have a top five center for the foreseeable future provided he doesn't obtain a serious injury again.

Overall they've done a good job. Let's not forget the Lou Williams trade. Being able to fetch a first rounder for Lou and making that kind of deal was exactly what Mitch and Jim didn't do. They let Pau walk for nothing along with numerous other players when they could've gotten something. You never know what even a late first or a second rounder could turn into. Just recently they've found guys like Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr, Zubac, and in this draft appears they found another steal in Hart.

I want Paul George as much as the next guy. To me he's as good as a prime Paul Pierce and Carmelo Anthony were which is damn good, great. Pierce was the best player on a championship team or at least best in the Finals. Melo would've been if it wasn't for Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol. George is terrific. Dude went toe to toe with LeBron multiple times in the playoffs on both ends of the court. He's made it clear he wants to be a Laker. No reason to sell the farm for him. He can walk and sign with the Lakers in a year. This is a poker game right now and Magic and Rob aren't blinking and I LOVE IT. That's what good organizations do. It's what smart executives do. If George was on a three year deal by all means trade Ingram and Ball, but he isn't. Be smart. If the Pacers wanna be idiots and let their franchise player walk for nothing then fine we wait a year.

alam1108 likes this.
  10. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I feel a lot more optimistic about our picks and where we're going this morning than I did right after the draft. We still have plenty of holes on the team but the overall picture is more clear.

I will continue to panic and freak out about PG until he's actually here, I've been on the "Come home PG" train well before I joined LB.

But yeah, let's go, we've been in the gutter far too long. We probably won't win many more games next season but I'm just glad we don't have to root for loses.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  11. LTLakerFan

I want to see RW come home to play with PG who wants to come home, and a fellow alum in L. Ball plus anyone else with prime vet talent they can afford to include, not named LeCarpetbag or Ginger. Including possibly Brook if he is great for us this year in the offense and decent on defense.

12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I see it now, we're building a team of CA kids.
    Lopez is also a Californian!

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The Lakers comparing Ingram and Ball to Magic, Worthy, and Kobe.

*brushes D'Angelo under the rug*

sirronstuff and Weezy like this.
  14. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Hey, no pressure, kid.

sirronstuff and therealdeal like this.
  15. Lakers2015

Should've used this play for Kobe. Best play of his career IMO.

abeer3 likes this.
  16. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think part of it was for the sound bite.

17. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

We have two players on the Lakers at least that probably want to remain a Laker for life barring anything stupid happening to them in Lonzo and Zubac. (and hopefully Ingram).

This is the power of the Lakers and I hope their drive, determination, and work ethic permeates the team into a successful era that we can look past the last couple seasons of crap.

Long live the LonZubac Era!

18. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Kobe's dunk over Dwight was better.

19. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

It's millenial Laker fans that are the biggest complainers. They have some stupid undying love for DLo. Evidently the older fans that grew up with Magic or Kobe understand what type of commitment and excellence is required.

Then again we have older fans complaining to so I kind of give up.

20. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

Or we don't want the return of name chasing and undoing the last 5 years.

alam1108 and Juronimo like this.