Official Wmc Thread: Um Those Too Many W's! Fix The Tank!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Oct 4, 2014.

1. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    OK! I have arrived and with me is my iconic thread of whining, moaning and complaining. AND my first WMC is Nick the Swaggy has gotten injured. What is with us and the injury bug? I hope this isn't another season of that crap.

thkthebest, therealdeal and trodgers like this.
  2. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Swaggy P missing 17 games isn't the end of the world. Nash going down isn't either.

But X isn't read, Kelly is struggling, and even one more injury and a third of our roster is out at present. That's awful.

3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    WMC has been created. Lakersball is official. Boom!

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I'm not quite at the point I'm worried. It seems like Nash's injury is minor and they just don't want to take any chances with him. Kelly was injury free all year last year so I'm not freaking out about him yet. X's injuries have become a problem though. We can't keep worrying about him getting injured year after year. He should have been healthy by now. And Young's injury is the kicker. It hurts us now, but of all the players that could get injured, I think young is one of the least impactfull just because his role as a scorer is a little more plug and play than some of the other roles on the team.

5. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Young being gone does hurt us...it does assure that Ellington probably gets signed, though. Same goes for the Nash injury; even if Nash's injury is nothing to worry about, anything can happen at anytime with Nash since he's 'fragile' and that almost assures Price is getting signed. It doesn't hurt that those guys specifically have stood out during training camp receiving compliments from both Scott and Kobe. Scott also mentioned that Kelly should be back by Thursday or so...as far as X goes, I thought he'd be ready to go by now, but I'm hoping he's ready within the next week or so and gets a couple of preseason games in....

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Injury concerns to me usually stem from guys who are prone to injury and guys who are older. I'm very concerned about Kobe and if I'm not concerned about Nash it's because I've given up pretty much. Xavier is probably the only person I'm really concerned about as far as being frequently injured. Nick Young's injury was a freak thing. Nash's doesn't seem to be very serious. Kelly is on watch right now. I'm not concerned necessarily, but I'm cautious. He's not a very strong guy.

Hopefully we don't keep seeing things like this though.

7. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Yeah the Nick Young injury was just a freak thing and I just hope that he won't have any lingering issues with that thumb this year. I'm glad that that his spirits as always seem very high and that Kobe and Byron were the first to call him the other night when he got the MRI results back.

Also cool to see Byron still want him out there on the practice floor running and doing defensive slides because "your legs still work".

8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Injuries suck. I was really forward to watching Swaggy play. Maybe Clarkson will step up, who knows?

9. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    When did X hurt his back? Sooner or later, X isn't going to be a nickname to refer to his name, it will be for marking the spot of his never ending string of injuries.

10. GNC

GNC - Rookie -

Jeez.. we cannot catch a break. And to think we still have not started a preseason game.

11. puffyusaf#2

I have said it before I think X's style of play makes him injury prone. I really like the guy but he can't stay on the floor. I know Nick will be back and good to go but can we really say X will ever simply be back

12. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Well I'll try to look at it positively. Nick Young lunges for a steal, and tears a ligament in his thumb. You can't prevent that.

Same with Nash's ankle. Ankles roll in the game of basketball.

X & Kelly though....those young bloods should be putting in extra work to get healthy. Stretching, treatment, conditioning, nutrition, whatever...

13. LaVarBallsDad

Years ago, I heard a story about Tony Parker and Pop...in Tony's early years he had a reckless style of playing and would fling his body around; well, Pop took him to the side and had a conversation with him; he told Tony he needed to change his style of play or else he wasn't going to be in the league very long. Well, we know Tony listened and he's reaped the benefit of that advice and enjoyed a long successful career.

Somebody needs to have that same conversation with X...he has a lot of potential, but until he changes his reckless style of play, he is going to experience injury after injury. I do wish the best for him, though, and for us because we need him.

14. lakerswiz

lakerswiz Guest

15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Parker had the skills to do that. You ask X to change his game, he becomes garbage.

16. LaVarBallsDad

^Not necessarily true...Parker didn't have near the in-between game he has now nor was his jumper as consistent as it is now...he worked on that to become proficient over years. X is young enough to develop those things...maybe not at that level but good enough to carve out a niche as a rotation player in this league.

17. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

True, he did't, he worked hard. But You could tell his ceiling was/is 20 times higher than X's. Im realy not sure X can change his game and be more than a 4th-5th guy from the bench.

18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Why is puffy allowed to create the WMC. I want to create one. Whine whine.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  19. puffyusaf#2

Cause I am whine king which sounds like wanking when you say it fast...weird lol

20. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

This game is taking too long to get here.