Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

But the trend says otherwise....dude got whistled for 27 offensive fouls last year...only 27.

League leader last year for drawing offensive fouls was Lowry with 54.

I don't think the NBA will just flip the switch and start calling in favor of players trying to play defense.

However, the saving grace so far is that whistles tend to blow far less in the postseason, which is why Harden has struggled so much in the past when the playoffs start... He's not hearing that whistle he's used to getting in the regular season. So let him have his fun now and just hope the trend of mute whistles continues when May hits.

Btw...This f***ing guy again...

Is Phil still in the building, we need his strong pimp hand for a second...

[​IMG]

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, it's dishonorable and not sporting.

As for vash's sad defense of harden: they don't make those calls for others. Hart gets called for clear outs when his hand never leaves the ball, for example.

It's garbage, and it basically requires a conspiracy to continue as it has.

3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Harden hits a long 3 with some minor defender contact with his legs as he flails. = 4 point play.
    Kuz produces a carbon copy of the play later the same game = *crickets*

4. vasashi17

I'm not defending Harden at all and if it came off that way, then let me clarify.

I'm lambasting the NBA for creating this monstrosity of a non-D playing atmosphere.

They make those calls for guards like Kemba, Dame, Russ, DeRozan, Conley, Booker, Hardaway Jr, Trae and Fox among frontline players.

The refs have consistently rewarded the offensive aggressor in a boom boom play that leads to a collision with a defender. They do not call many offensive fouls. That's not necessarily on the player...rather its on the NBA and the refs that are creating that type of game with how they blow the whistle.

The star or high usage offensive player (whether its a youngn like Fox/Trae or not) is going to get that whistle vs youngns that are low usage.

You can't blame the player in that aspect. The league is rewarding that type of play and creating that type of game calling. Harden is just exploiting the "privilege" the refs are allotting him. The onus is on the NBA and the league to rectify this b*******. If you're a player that is benefiting from this nonsense, then you would be an idiot not to continue to play that same way to continuously exploit the system.

The silver lining is that this dude is willing to continuously batter and bruise himself in the regular season by initiating all the contact....what will happen is that he will just fizzle out in the postseason when the whistle typically isn't blown as frequently as it is now. Its happened to him before and I don't see why it wouldn't happen again...

5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

harden is the worst thing that's happened to the NBA in recent memory

easily the least entertaining "superstar" the league has ever seen. its either step back 3 or drive to the hoop in order to get fouled and shoot FTs. and the refs and league continue to enable him by calling these extremely weak fouls to get him to the line

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

He is absolutely unwatchable.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

*ascends soapbox*

sorry, vash. i get where you're coming from and agree to some extent: ultimate fault is with the officials, and really, the league office for tacitly sanctioning this.

but i can't absolve harden as a squirrel just gettin' nuts. this is sport. you think if you went to the gym tomorrow to play ball with folks and started bulldozing over retreating defenders, hooking their arms and flailing your head, then calling fouls...that you'd be recognized as the best player in the gym?

you honestly might get punched in the mouth, as ingram demonstrated for us.

there's definitely fault at the individual level. bruce bowen ran under shooters before the league officially took care of that stuff (sort of), and we all recognized him as a dirty bastard who needed to get his. harden's the same. just because you get away with it doesn't mean you're ok for doing it--at least in my book.

f*** harden and the zebra he rode in on. the league needs rid of him before he encourages others.

and the ethos behind it is sort of frustrating for my curmudgeonly a**...if life is only about what you can get away with--as opposed to what's right--then i'm out. as everyone should be.

*and that's the top of the soapbox*

am i taking it too seriously? probably. then again, i'm spending minutes of my life writing to strangers about strangers playing games, so my priorities are clearly off from the outset.

8. vasashi17

Hahaha respect bro!

But you know me tho. Im the wise guy that failed your course and am the douche barreling into defenders that you're speak of. Thx for the retaliatory "love tap" btw...I deserved that. When's the rematch?

I get the frustration and I haven't gone silent on the issue either. I think the league is soft as s*** right now...post up bball and centers are all but dead and now it's "let's ignore FREE throws instead to play 3 point games and chuck from half court".

However we all can agree that Bron can bulldoze his way to the cup anytime he wants. Why doesn't he do it then and instead chooses to chuck it from well behind the arc on occasion? Maybe it has something to do with how dude went to 8 straight Finals (his postseason play is nearly 3 whole seasons worth of basketball).

Let Harden keep bumping and grinding his way to the line during the regular season. Cause while he does that and gasses out, Bron is grease'n up his wheels and gearing up for the marathon into June, where there's less traffic and associated obnoxious horns (whistles)...unless we go through Sac.

9. Punk-101

Where I don't agree is that many players get these calls, it's just that Harden is the best at it. The league has encouraged and rewarded this nonsense, and other players DO get these calls occasionally, but NOT as consistently and as easily as Harden.

And it's not because he's better at it. I give officials more credit than that. He gets calls that are blatantly wrong in real time, not just after a nuanced replay in slow motion.

He's not hard to officiate. The refs aren't this inept. They're instructed to make him unguardable. *takes off tinfoil hat*

10. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I just hate the fouls where the offensive player initiates the contact. Things like hooking the arm or swinging into the defenders arms are ridiculous. Artest needs to come back and deliver the people’s elbow again.

11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I missed the game today, and didn't even care. I no longer watch the schedule to see what is coming up because I dislike lebron. It has sucked the joy out of the season for me. Glad to see we won though. Hopefully this changes.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  12. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I agree and before him it was D-Whistle.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

We look good, like really good without Ingram and I hate it.

14. lakerjones

You missed the best game of the season my friend. It was a good one.

15. Punk-101

Zu' post defense on Hairy-Gomer, or whatever his name is, was atrocious.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

harden makes that Dwade incarnation look like high school lvl lol

LTLakerFan, 432J and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  17. lakerjones

I think at this point we can say without doubt that Hart is the best fit as starting shooting guard, yes? This is what I've been harping on for some time now while the Kuz/BI combination was giving up double digit leads seemingly every first quarter.

It seems not so difficult to understand that Josh Hart plays great D and provides superb outside shooting, not to mention his heart and hustle, at the SG position. BI is a good defender as well but he's more suited to covering fellow wings not smaller SG's. Neither he nor Kuz are exactly spot up shooters - both have struggled from three this year. Meanwhile Hart is shooting about 40% from downtown. It's so much better for our spacing with Lebron and Lonzo.

18. escobar8

escobar8 - Rookie -

Teacher
    We made wall look like he is underpaid...

sirronstuff and raviator like this.
  19. escobar8

escobar8 - Rookie -

Teacher
    Plus if you combine bad rebounding,no energy,back to back and no calls even on flagrant thwt is recipe for disaster.
    It aint excuse but we are realy missing mcgee,we cant play tyson for 40.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    frustrating...wasted a day on my 1 week free league pass lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.