Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

It was the friggin Hawks, and we barely won. The games won’t get easier than that this season and we come out with no energy, absolutely flat, play the sloppiest, laziest ball you could imagine. It wasn’t fun to watch, all those turnovers, the complete lack of defense for long stretches, the offense bogging down to iso after iso late in the game, this was an ugly win. Ingram said in his postgame interview that sometimes you look at the other team’s roster and think you have an easy one, that is not an attitude kids on this team who have never accomplished a thing should have. LeBron, sure, I can see it, Rondo, yeah, fine. The rest of these guys? No way. When 18 seasons in, 36 year old Chandler is the guy bringing the most heart and energy there is a major problem.

2. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

I actually think it's more a product of having Lebron on the team than the young guys being that arrogant. They still need to get out of that mindset, but I think came across as more entitled than it is.

These games are frustrating, but we had PLENTY of nights like this during the championship years. It's been so long since we've been good and expected to win games that I think we're forgetting how often these sort of nights happened in past seasons.

D-Fish Man likes this.
  3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

We're the freakin Lakers, who are we?

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Ostensibly our #1 and 2 players with 10 TOs between them. Mustard passes from LeBron contributing to 4 and BI with freaking 6. 3 of them stooopidly over and over each game dribbling into the middle of the key and getting stripped.

:Magicwow4:

Lakeshow85, abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

"I am not coming off the bench" mind set, entitlement, being "the chosen" one -- all the while not backing it up.

I am not liking the direction. It points to BKN and such...

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

in regards to Ingram, I'm not surprised he would have that mindset, his game seems to suggest he's thinking that way just about every opponent thus far

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I kind of wonder if the coaching staff and with Bron's approval is asking him to attempt to develop his one on one game..... for down the road and more options in that regard. Almost seems that way. Probably not. And if not, his a** should have been sat after the 3rd strip.

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Thanks for posting the splits abeer!

@TIME, Apart from the lowsy splits, he is developing the Lonzo Air-Ball nickname which Is also an indicator that he is a bad shooter...

9. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I simply disagree then with you and abeer. I can agree that he has been a bad FT shooter. For the rest, he is mostly shooting from the three point line. As I said above he is streaky there. He had an 0-6 which is really bad. But that was sandwiched by 3-3 and 2-3. Overall from three he is shooting 36% on the year. That's not earth shattering, but it's solid and respectful. What it's not is bad. If you said last year when he struggled from 3 that he would be shooting 36% from 3 everyone would be happy with that number.

10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

We’re nobody right now, that was my point in the 2nd half of my post about Ingram saying they’re looking down on other teams’ rosters. BUT, we have playoffs aspirations, and we have one of the best players in the league, the Hawks don’t have either, so compared to what we are expected to do and aiming to do, they’re the friggin Hawks and we should not struggle like that with them.

We absolutely did have nights like this in our championship years, one of those years, either 2001 or 2002 was especially a slog until Fisher came back from injury and gave us a boost. But this is totally different, this team hasn’t accomplished jack, they should be hungry to go out there and dominate supposedly lesser opponents and get this team to the playoffs. We should not be coming out flat when our starting lineup contains youth like Zo, BI, and Kuz, placed next to an energy guy like McGee and the best player in the league last year in LeBron. Something needs to change, because if we come out flat against teams that aren’t the Hawks, we will lose, like with Toronto.

Lakeshow85, alam1108 and Cookie like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's the circumstance: nobody guards him, which hurts other people's opportunities to score as well.

bad shooters, when left completely open, can knock down 36% from three. if he were a good shooter, you'd see more attempts to keep him from shooting. people are even starting to sag off on his drives, which is preposterous in most scenarios but makes sense when you're as timid at the rim as he is.

wcsoldier81 likes this.
  12. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.

He's supposed to be open playing next to LeBron. That was what we all expected for him, Kuz, Hart, etc. And, no, bad shooters don't shoot 36% from three in games. Kuz is not a bad shooter and he's hitting threes at about 28%.

Call him, streaky, call him inconsistent, call him unreliable as a shooter, but don't call him bad. His college numbers prove otherwise. His summer league numbers prove otherwise, and his numbers this year are proving otherwise.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  13. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Too much to complain about...and this has happened a few times already with crappy teams. Fine, we blew out the Kings on Saturday, a team that we SHOULD beat...so I was happy about that. But to absolutely s*** the bed against the Hawks and get SUPER lucky after Ingram got beat by Trae and Chandler blocked the floater...I couldn't be more irate.

We build up leads only to see it evaporate in a matter of seconds. Our guys need to OVERPLAY everybodyf rom here on out when we have McGee and Chandler as our last line of defense...there shouldn't be any reason that we're allowing so many wide open 3s (granted some of the threes that Trae hit were insane).

Luke needs to start benching Ingram when he has games like this...I thought Zo should have finished the game with Hart LeBron Kuz and Chandler. Defensively, Ingram nearly cost us the game, and he was also having another terrible game. Don't keep rewarding him with PT if he's playing badly...we have guys that were playing better and deserved to close the game.

Lastly, the fricking half court offense...still non-existent! When will Luke learn?

14. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...so far lack of focus and killer instinct. Keystone Cops defense for stretches. Lucky to have good interior defense with McGee and now Chandler. And that ineptitude at the charity stripe. The "learning to play with each other" can't be an ongoing excuse. This early on, it's somewhat valid.

We should be able to resolve all these issues by at least a third of the way into the season or at least after the All=Star Break? No and that's on the coaching staff.

JohnnyComeLately2k6, Khmrp and revgen like this.
  15. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Better not bring that lackadaisical attitude Wednesday or they will get their heads handed to them by Portland.

Khmrp, Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

the FT complaints has been going on all of Luke tenure, s*** aint never getting fixed

17. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

They are who they are , between average and bad in games FT shooters , don't expect significant improvements in this area

18. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah unless he's going to hit 40% from 3 on 5 attempts a game , the fact he's not guarded out there hurts our offense a great deal whether his shot is going in or not. Same thing at the rim or in the midrange .
    He's just not good and constant enough of a scorer to keep the defense honest and to prevent it playing him for the pass

Last 5 games by the way : 32/26/75

abeer3 likes this.
  19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    and Byron's tenure. I'm not sure what the answer is.

D-Fish Man and Khmrp like this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    hypnosis?

sirronstuff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.