Official: Unsubstantiated Trade Suggestions, Speculation, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Barnstable, Sep 15, 2014.

1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

GS has a new situation with a new coach in Kerr; they most immediate need is a backup 4/5 hybrid to Bogut. I think Hill fits that role nicely. If Hill can perform consistently through January, (when he's eligble to be traded) I'd definitely be on the market for a legit starting small forward.

2. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's literally the first I've heard of it. Whatever though honestly. I'd be fine with Hibbert finding his way over here.

lakerjones likes this.
  4. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

I would too. The reason I brought that up is because at least if the rumor was true, there would be a substantiation for his disappearing act in the playoffs.

If it isn't true -- dude can't just be disappearing like that. Makes me think its true because dude was a beast in the 2013 playoffs remember?

5. therealdeal

Well certainly something happened in his personal life. I just didn't have any idea it was some sort of bizarre cheating scandal. Definitely he's shown some mental issues, but I think a new location and strong leadership could change that.

6. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

If Hibbert played again like he did before last year's playoffs, I would offer Julius Randle, Jordan Hill, and Wes Johnson for him.

7. therealdeal

Whoa hell no am I offering Julius Randle for anything other than Durant or LeBron. That's our best asset for the next seven years. He's not to be thrown into a trade for just anybody.

lakerjones likes this.
  8. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

Before the funk, Hibbert was playing like the best big in the game. He can anchor your team on both ends of the floor. As much as I'm intrigued by Julius' potential, I'd rather go with the much surer thing.

9. therealdeal

Not if that surer thing just melted down in the playoffs, regardless of the reason. I'm not trading Julius unless I'm getting a bona fide star in return. Hibbert just ain't that guy. We have almost no cost controlled youth on this team. Julius is a key to our future in a lot of different ways.

lakerjones likes this.
  10. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

The problem with Hibbert is that this isn't the first mental "funk" he's been in.

Don't believe me? Ask the Pacers fans at www.pacersdigest.com

Mark Gasol is much more preferred.

lakerjones and TIME like this.
  11. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

"If Hibbert played again like he did before last year's playoffs, I would offer Julius Randle, Jordan Hill, and Wes Johnson for him."

Again, if the Hibbert that was a DPOY candidate shows up, you've got to consider it. We instantly move back into the top 4 in the WC, with a real shot at the Ch'ip.

12. therealdeal

I don't think Nash/Kobe/Wesley/Boozer/Hibbert is enough to get a Championship this season or next. Not even with Hibbert at his best.

revgen likes this.
  13. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

With Hibbert at his best, we'd be contenders for sure. Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to see Kobe have at least one more shot at a title.

14. therealdeal

Kobe's best shot at a title isn't as important though as the Lakers' best shot at a title. We need Julius because he's young, he's got tremendous potential, and he's extremely affordable for at least the next 3-4 years.

Kobe is secondary to the Lakers. I'd love for Kobe to finish with six, but I'd love more for the Lakers to win multiple rings as soon as possible.

15. MusixFinest

MusixFinest - Rookie -

Yeah, I can't hate on that, either. I hope the young guys can continue that winning tradition.

16. therealdeal

If there was some way to get one of the Centers that Doc listed without giving up Randle, I'm in.

I'm alright trading anyone on this team not named Randle, Kobe, and just maybe Young. Nick has done a lot for us as a franchise in terms of bringing pride back to the uniform. Other than those guys, bring it on. I'd love if Lin stuck around, but if we could trade him for a solid piece then he can go too!

17. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Not to mention that rookie contract is fabulous to have.

Plus Roy I think is a free agent this upcoming year along with all those guys on Doc's top 6 centers wish list he posted. Why trade our future in Randle when Hibbert will be a FA

18. Nick the Quick

Nick the Quick - Rookie -

if we can get asik for 12m for 3-4 years, it'd be great to lock him up long term to be an anchor. bring back hill at 6 a year and now you have a great 3 man rotation in the front court.

we can still get a wing scorer, maybe bring lin back, and still maintain flexibility for 2016.

that would take us to high 50's in salary. depending on where the cap lands, we could still net some legit players to come off the bench.

19. LakersN4

LakersN4 - Rookie -

I definitely wouldn't give up Randle for Hibbert.. There's too many good C's available in FA (including Hibbert) to give up a valuable piece like Randle. However, as much as I like Jordan Hill, if Hill + Hou 1st could get us Hibbert I'd be all over it. Maybe Hibbert gets back to being the best rim protector in the league or maybe he doesn't but I think it's a gamble worth taking.. I don't see Jordan Hill being here next season no matter what. There's no chance we pick up his option unless we completely strike out on every big FA.

20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Marc Gasol has to be the number one free agent we go after. I know there might be some bitter talk he heard from his brother, but the bottom line is that other than D' Antoni, the Lakers organization did treat him with a ton of respect. Yes, he did get traded, but that was after he moped for a full regular season and then no-showed so badly in the playoffs that the Zen Master Phil Jackson even lost his cool and poked him in his chest (no heart!) because he was so frustrated with him. This after we gave him a spectacular THREE year extension earning about 20 Million dollars per year. So no, we did not disrespect him no matter what he told his bro. He's the one who gave us less and less each following year and whined more and more.

Marc needs to do what's best for himself. WE are the ones who drafted him in the first place, so he knows that Mitch likes his game. Marc knows how much we value bigs here on the Lakers. If Memphis continues to be a middle of the pack team this year, we can offer more upside for him here, IMO.

jerryr88 and TIME like this.