Official Marvel / MCU Discussion:

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ThizGuy83, Feb 9, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Back on topic though:

-Fantastic Four intro after Avengers 4 in a post-credit
    -Keep X-Men in a separate multi-verse for the time being
    -Introduce Galactus in GOTG3
    -Introduce Doom as the savior of Sakovia, new villain for Phase 3

They'll have Kang, The Brood, Galactus... I'm ecstatic about this for Marvel.

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think they'll likely reboot X-Men the second they get their hands on it and bring them in.

therealdeal and alam1108 like this.
  3. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

they will release any movies that have been made or are close to being done just to not throw money away. But you are correct the reboot is inevitable.

@therealdeal is 100% correct. We don't need a FF full on reboot origin story, you just need a credit scene of a them changing due to the "Cosmic Ray" exposure. Which could be a side effect of something Thanos does. The rest could be name dropped in GotG 3 and introduced in cut scenes there or elsewher... Imagine the crew reacting to a silver man on a surfboard coming at them...

As for the X-men, that would take time, but isn't hard either as you could have an "outbreak" of mutantism...

Savory Griddles and therealdeal like this.
  4. therealdeal

So Ant-Man and the Wasp is going to introduce the Multi-Verse. At the end of that movie, you could have the Fantastic Four in a separate universe exploring a way to get into ours. I don't necessarily want to rush them into a Thanos situation, but that way they can be already fully formed heroes in their own right and they don't need any sort of introduction.

I think if you're Disney you release Dark Phoenix just to recoup some of that money, but you immediately distance yourself from that franchise and begin the reboot. I just don't know if/when you introduce them into the MCU. My fear is flooding the market and flooding the property so that you have too much going on. Ideally my Phase 4 is consists of a mix between Secret Invasion (Skrull Body Snatchers) and Dr. Doom's rise to world-wide prominence by being basically Hitler for Sokovia. A guy who saves a country on the brink of collapse, but only to shape them into his own horrifying image.

The Phase would culminate in Dr. Doom actually helping to bring about an end to the Skrulls and establishing himself as a world power.
    Phase 5 explores Galactus as an imminent threat. The world unites against him, but in order to do so we empower Doom.
    Phase 6 is goes into the latest Infinity story of the multiverses collapsing and we see the ultimate payoff of Doom bringing reality to his will and we have to take him down.

All of that would be difficult to incorporate X-Men in a giant story arch although not impossible.

Kingsama likes this.
  5. Savory Griddles

Which you could also use Thanos to explain. Basically Thanos could explain just about everything since the INfinity Guantlet makes him a god.

Kingsama likes this.
  6. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I think you have to slow burn introduce mutants and you have to really give them their own story arc as a phase to really flesh out the stories. You could have other things happeneing in space, or other characters around those stories, but X-men need to be developed slowly.

As for Doom, I can't wait, he is great as a villian and great as a ally against big bads.

alam1108 and therealdeal like this.
  7. therealdeal

Doom's motivations as a villain and a reluctant "hero" are just tremendous. He'd be the best adversary the Avengers have had since Loki and would likely be better than Loki in almost every way.

Besides, you could really touch on some sensitive topics with his story that could draw parallels to Germany, Iraq, and even North Korea.

As for the X-Men, I'd be interested in seeing maybe a really, really small scale at first. Mutants start to pop up as genetic mutations in response to the Avengers existence. Life, uh, finds a way. We are introduced to two older mutants who are starting a safe haven for a few youngsters. There's a small scale villain in the works (Mr. Sinister would work well) and they set up a small, safe house on the outskirts of New York. None of the story is big enough to warrant Avengers attention and that's how they like it. Magneto is a sympathetic character in this, even moreso than what we've seen from Fassbender.

It'd be a bummer to recast Xavier and Magneto, but it might be easier than trying to salvage their part.

It's a bit rehashing, but if you keep the story contained it would still work.

Kingsama likes this.
  8. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

The strength of both Doom and Magneto is that while they are antagonists they not necessarily villain in the most evil sense of the term. Doom while he is a narcissist that thinks he can rule better that the rest, he isn't a traditional bad guy trying to destroy or steal. Same with magneto who is most often movtivated by protecting his people. Both are complex on levels that trump current marvel villians and would be welcomed along side Namor as complex characters who can bring much needed depth to the MCU.

therealdeal and alam1108 like this.
  9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Fantastic 4 should go the Spiderman route. We already have various movies about them, we don't need a full fledged origin story.

Kingsama and therealdeal like this.
  10. therealdeal

You know what could be cool? If the teasers after every movie were just meetings of the Illuminati (Doom, Strange, Tony, T'Challa, Reed, Xavier, and Cap) and each teaser would lead a conversation about where to go in the future and would lead into the next movie with the imminent threat of the collapsing multi-verse being a constant topic of discussion throughout.

Kingsama likes this.
  11. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

thats a great idea Real. Sub Namor for Cap and I am in.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

Absolutely. We've seen enough origins for FF already.

What they should do is just find a way to insert a fully functional FF into the universe. That's why I suggested the multi-verse. In their universe, maybe they're the Avengers and the Avengers don't exist. Reed was a super genius who has successfully defended the world against extraterrestrial threats, the Avengers were never needed. Our universe needs his help.

13. therealdeal

Forgot Namor, my bad.

I'm still waiting for his introduction. He's one of the world's best characters.

Kingsama likes this.
  14. therealdeal

15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

It's a done deal Disney payed 52.4 B for most of Fox...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

16. Savory Griddles

I bet this goes through a lot of scrutiny from regulators. Another interesting aspect to this is they will now be majority owners of Hulu. I wonder if they will roll Hulu into their streaming service or cut ties with Hulu all together probably neutering it.

17. therealdeal

I've read a take where they use Hulu separately and maybe even buy out the other shares. That gives them three streaming services for triple the revenue. ESPN, Disney, Hulu (aka "other").

18. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I bet Hulu stays the same and the others aka disney, ESPN, and new stuff becomes the new streaming service. It could have packages/be tiered. IE basic package, ESPN add on, premium tv/movies add-on...

The primary selling point for Hulu is that you can stream shows after they air, not it's library. People subscribe to use it like a DVR, not cause it's got this huge library. It will still sell well on it's own.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

19. therealdeal

This deal for Marvel:

1. The immediate re-integration of the FF into the MCU. Not only will the First Family bring a new element to the hero side, they'll bring with them all the wonderful villains that have been attached. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some sort of teaser at the end of Avengers 3 or at some point within the next few movies: Black Panther, A3, Ant-Man/Wasp, and Captain Marvel.

2. Integrate X-Men slowly. They're not desperately needed right now. Maybe start slowly talking about genes mutating. I really like the idea of the human genome starting to mutate in response to these extraterrestrial threats.

3. Introduce Dr. Doom. I need to get him established asap. He's the most interesting villain Marvel could dream of. He could be the perfect foil for not just the FF but for Marvel as a whole. He creates a wonderful dynamic.

4. Anything currently in production by Fox (Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, New Mutants) finish and release. Something like New Mutants might hopefully be separate enough to actually exist in the new MCU and you can keep making those with some small rewrites. Keep Deadpool going separately, but now obviously you open the door to 100s more references. The Phoenix movie should basically kill off this version of the X-Men and we can start fresh somewhere else.

alam1108 and Savory Griddles like this.
  20. Savory Griddles

I agree with all of this.

therealdeal likes this.