Official Marvel / MCU Discussion:

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ThizGuy83, Feb 9, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Obviously things would be enriched by watching all of them, but probably the ones that pop out to me as much watches to better understand this movie:

Avengers 1
    Guardians 1
    Thor 2
    Avengers 2
    Cap 3- Civil War
    Doctor Strange

I'm pretty sure those movies would do a good enough job of helping set up this movie. I suppose Thor 3 too to see the immediate set up into this movie (the end-credits scene in Thor 3 leads directly into Infinity War). Guardians 2 would help you understand the newer characters, but in regards to the stones and their importance to the Thanos (the purple guy), I think these are the only movies you'd need to watch. That means you could skip Cap 1 and 2, Thor 1, Iron Man 1-3, Incredible Hulk, and Ant-Man. I don't think I missed any others...

TIME likes this.
  2. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    True, but a bit ironic.

:KobePoint::Brows::Noddingyes:

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I haven't seen Cap2, Ant-Man, Thor 2 (I think) and Guardians 1 (I think) or latest spiderman maybe? I have definitely missed some along the way.

Definitely all seem to flow together, so I'll try to make the time.

On DC, haven't seen the new supermans, the new batmans, flash, if there was an aqua man. Basically it was the first time I saw those characters besides Wonder Woman in a movie.

That's where mixing things up between the universes gets a little weird.

4. sirronstuff

You know when I think there are too many corny jokes, than it's something worth mentioning lol

TIME likes this.
  5. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Cap2 was a great movie worth seeing on its own. Ant-Man was very good, but be aware they played up the comedy angle because the guy playing Ant-Man is a funny guy. Thor 2 is not worth seeing unless you are a Thor geek like me. Guardians 1 is amazing, and you need to see it before seeing Infinity War because they will play a big role in that movie. Spiderman was loved by everyone in the universe except me, so you might want to check it out too.

6. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I think Stark is gone, Cap might be too. Like Real said, Vision without the infinity stone...

TIME likes this.
  7. therealdeal

Man of Steel isn't bad. It's a different interpretation of Superman that I'm not big on, but it's definitely an enjoyable movie. I don't know which Batman you consider new (Christian Bale?), but the only movies in DC you missed if you've watched the Dark Knight movies are Suicide Squad, Batman vs. Superman, and Justice League. There hasn't been a solo Flash movie yet and Aquaman's solo movie is slated for next December.

8. sirronstuff

I might not be as far behind as I think. Out of the country things don't release on the same schedule I think.

Barnstable and therealdeal like this.
  9. therealdeal

I liked Spider-Man. I thought it was enjoyable and interesting. I didn't think it was the best comic book movie of all time, but it was probably my favorite version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man so far. I liked Tobey, but he wasn't a perfect fit. I can't remember the second kid's name, but I felt pretty much the same way there. I think the new kid, Tom Holland, is a perfect fit for both Parker and Spider-Man.

Kenzo and TIME like this.
  10. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Yeah I was conflicted on the new Spiderman. I think Holland is the best Peter Parker yet, but I just didn't like the Iron Man crossover, Hot Aunt May, high tech Spidey suit, and most of the supporting characters from the high school like Flash Thompson and the Mary Jane revision.

11. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Yeah, they almost have to kill off both Stark and Cap in order to expand the universe because they have been the two key characters in everything so far.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  12. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

the more I think about it the more I think Stark is gone too. He makes a mountain of money per film, there is really no place else for the character to go from here, he has been the back bone of the MCU thus far, and it is hard to see how the "new" faces of the avengers will take up that critical space if Tony is still around. He plus other characters dying in Avengers 3/4, would create not just a more compelling story, but room for the new faces.

I also feel like Cap my go too, I would hate that as he is probably my favorite of the bunch, but it makes sense.

Finally, I don't think that all of our lesser known/liked Avengers are going to make it. Does anyone care about scarlett witch? Is vision all that compelling? Do we need Hawkeye around? He would probably retire. If Tony Dies does Warmachine go to?

Savory Griddles and Barnstable like this.
  13. therealdeal

I can see that. I wasn't a fan of the Mary Jane fan service either honestly, but I don't mind the recasting/re-envisioning of the characters. I thought the Flash bully change was okay, but the kid they chose was so non-threatening that it was sort of ridiculous to view him as a bully.

And I don't mind the hi-tech suit, but I'd like for him to just have a regular one eventually. Or maybe keep this one and turn off the AI in it because I like the look of it.

14. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Freaking goosebumps. This year's Marvel movies (except Spiderman) really soured me on the MCU but Black Panther and now Infinity War look freaking awesome.

I feel like a lot of the characters we've known and loved will die in this Avengers or the next one. Mostly for actors/actresses wanting to move on and for Marvel to add newer characters into the mix.

Barnstable likes this.
  15. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think so too. If we know the two of them are alive, when trouble starts to brew in Avengers 5, we'll be waiting for the two of them to show up and help, and with Cap, he undoubtedly would. If Dr. Doom or whoever shows up, there's no way Cap is sitting it out. The only way to stop Captain America from fighting is to kill him. So if Strange, Captain Marvel, Spiderman and Black Panther are the future of Avengers, you almost have to kill Cap and Stark. I think you could make a case for keeping Thor alive since he has to rule Asgard.

16. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I think from a story telling point Tony has been the center of the MCU and has to go to make room for Captain Marvel and Black panther as the new faces. Furthermore I am not sure he has anywhere else to go as a character. But with cap, I think he can stay in story, but maybe not in panel so to speak. Cap can grow into a mentor or be sucked into a worm hole, he could even have his super soldiers serum removed like in the comics. That would leave a future comeback if needed for dramatic effect(lets be honest cap 2 and 3 are amazing and Cap often carriers these movies) or could be used in a very Tony Stark way being dropped in certain movies. Even of Bucky or Sam pick up the sheild. In the end I think he is gonna go, but that seems to be the way things are leaning and I am not sure the house of mouse is gonna gut all there big hitters all at once.

I think Thor is going to stay for sure as King of Asgard which keeps him away for most stuff, but around for big team ups.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

therealdeal likes this.
  17. therealdeal

Evans has reportedly had his foot out the door a couple of times. He seems like the kind of guy who'd like to explore other artistic endeavors. I'd definitely try to keep him alive if they can because he's an excellent Cap. He can retire as the shield bearer, but maybe keep the character alive with the potential to return some day.

I think RDJ makes sense to off because of how expensive he's become, but he really does embody Iron Man at this point. It's hard for me to picture him as much of anything else.

Really losing any of these guys or gals would be tough, but I'm sure it's hard for them to focus so much of their time into just Marvel projects. Whoever wants out I think will be allowed that opportunity.

18. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

RDJ has less of a burden then Hemsworth or Evans though as it pertains to the physical requirements. I don't think they would let themselves go and get fat, but being in shape and being in Captain America shape are two totally different commitments. I'm in pretty good shape, but if I wanted to look like Chris Hemsworth, I'd have to completely change my entire lifestyle. Heck, I probably don't even have the time it would take in the gym. And I don't think you can have a Thor or Cap movie without a shirtless scene for the ladies. :D

19. therealdeal

Yeah I agree although I think Hemsworth enjoys being Thor more than Evans enjoys being Captain America. And yeah the workouts (and *cough*steroids*cough*) these guys and gals do to stay in shape. Who has time and energy for that going into your late 30s and 40s? Yikes.

20. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Fixed it for you.

Barnstable, alam1108, Kenzo and 2 others like this.