Official Dc Thread

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 13, 2015.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    tell me more about Wonder Woman...:inlove:

2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I like it. It was one of the more interesting takes on the character from the comics. I think it'll be an entertaining movie, but I'm not sold on the re-watch factor.

This tone fits Batman perfectly, but it leaves Superman with a lot to be desired.

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

5. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

It's been a while since I've read them. (I have the combined graphic novel of the series) but if I remember correctly higher powers pitted them against each other and the loosing universe would cease to exist. Not really, it was just part of the storyline to give a reason for the heroes to fight each other. The general public actually voted on a few on the more popular guys to see who they wanted to win, i,e Superman vs Hulk, Batman vs Captain America, etc. In the end certain heroes were merged to keep the universes in existence.

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I hope it's true, I'd like nothing more. I say it all the time that Batman is my favorite comic book hero, more quality Batman is only a good thing to me. I didn't like the trailer for Batman V Superman very much, but I'm not rooting against the movie, I liked Man of Steel and I want this to be good. If Affleck is great as Batman, and we get more movies, more Joker, other villains we've yet to see in live action movies, I'm all for it.

therealdeal likes this.
  8. therealdeal

If you think of Batman v. Superman as a Batman-centric movie then I think it makes it a lot better. I don't doubt Affleck rocks as Batman. He has the look for sure.

I do doubt though that he wants to do 3 more movies and keep that crazy enormous frame he developed for this film.

I'd be really excited for a couple of Arkham-style Batman movies though. Those games are tremendous and I'm currently finishing up Arkham Knight. It's a fantastic game.

raviator and Weezy like this.
  9. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

^^^ I like that idea a lot, that's something we have yet to see live-action. We saw a little Arkham Assylum in Batman Begins, but I don't count that as it was done "realistically" and just looked like a bland underground prison or something.

therealdeal likes this.
  10. therealdeal

Embrace Nolan AND embrace the comics. The Arkham games have done just a fantastic job at that. Fans are willing to blur the line of "real" so that they can get the product they want. Show me all those villains from Batman, he's got some great ones. Also show me a gritty, angry Batman who has been around the block. That's something I think fans would flock towards. By all accounts I think Affleck could certainly pull that off.

Weezy likes this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, I think that's a reach. If he can get his hands on the kind of cash RDJ raked in over the two avengers + IM3...maybe. $50m+ per film is pretty good motivation (especially for someone who likes to gamble). But unless they get creative with shooting or do a 2nd and 3rd back to back, he'd be looking at dawning the suit for 6 years -- making him 48ish when he's done. I'm not sure he is down for that. He's never really been a gym rat, so to keep that up is foreign territory for him.

I think the issue as big as the physicality of it is scheduling. If he's a hit in this, it's only going to increase the number of other projects he gets offered. His next two films just got pushed back, some speculation is that it's for Batman. Between stand alone films and any inclusion in any future DC films, which they'll want, he's really limited in what else he can do. Unlike RDJ, Ben wears multiple hats...acting, writing, and directing, that's a lot more work than just acting and a lot more draining on the actor and means he'll have much more time invested in each of his projects. He can't just spew out his lines and move on to the next project.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

The thing that makes Batman so great are his villains. If we can see more of them on the big screen, the better.

13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

There's an upcoming documentary on Heath. Here's an excerpt of his dad flipping through his Joker diary

gill, Weezy and alam1108 like this.
  14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

15. therealdeal

Powerless!

Get it!?!

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

17. alam1108

So Gotham returned today and it feels 10 times better than all of last season. They are doing a "rise of the villains" theme this season and that could go very well depending on how they play with it. Batman has some of the best comic book characters and we might start seeing the beginning of their development.

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I haven't watched any of Gotham. Is it worth it?

19. alam1108

It's interesting but not great, the other comic book shows are better. Gotham struggles between being a cop drama while trying to include cartoony comic book easter eggs. It got a lot better in the second half of the season and this second season seems promising with what they plan on doing. The Penguin character steals every scene he's in and is probably my favorite on the show.

I'd give it a watch but its not on my priority list if there are other shows going on.

(hopefully this all made sense, I'm half awake today.)

TIME likes this.
  20. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Helped a lot, thanks. I think I'll pass since both Shield and Heroes are starting up again.

alam1108 likes this.